Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#517 2010-05-04 04:11:51

laptophobo
Website

Re: smd_calendar: complete schedule / event / calendar / diary

Oops. I found my problem (with the above). I needed to change the “Published at” date within the Article.
Sorry for the false alarm.

Living the Location-Independent Life: www.NuNomad.com

#518 2010-05-04 05:53:11

laptophobo
Website

Oops. I found my problem (with the above). I needed to change the “Published at” date within the Article.
Sorry for the false alarm.

#519 2010-05-04 08:52:11

laptophobo
Website

Hello Stef,

Great calendar you’ve created. I’ve spent most of today tyring to understand the various attributes. For now, I’m using the default tags with only the title tag:

<txp:smd_calendar size=“small” section=“calendar”>
<div> <txp:permlink class=“txtSmCalendar”><txp:title /></txp:permlink>

</div>
</txp:smd_calendar>

As you know, this produces a basic calendar with the tilte pushing the next date out in such a way that it looks visually awkward. I’d like to change the layout a bit to accommodate the Title info. That said, do you have an example of how I could convert the default layout to stacked (horizontal) dates? (Example: The calendar would begin with May 01, then under it will be another horizontal field for May 02, under that May 03, et cetera.)

Thanks much!

Last edited by laptophobo (2010-05-04 08:52:55)

#520 2010-05-04 09:15:31

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

laptophobo wrote:

do you have an example of how I could convert the default layout to stacked (horizontal) dates?

The current calendar is limited to being in table format (I’m trying to make the next version more flexible in terms of layout) so if you can’t alter it with CSS then I’m afraid you’re stuck.

However, you can perhaps cheat a bit. <txp:smd_article_events /> lists all events based on the criteria you give it. With some clever use of the tag attributes and <txp:if_different> (I think there are some examples either in the plugin help or this thread) you might be able to output your events as a list and use CSS to mark it up so it looks how you want.

Does that get you started?

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#521 2010-05-05 03:36:28

laptophobo
Website

Hi Stef!,

I’ll look again into your plugin help (there were a couple of examples near the bottom that I had not tried). You then mentioned above to follow “this thread,” but no thread link was provided.

Right now the (default) calendar does not look bad at all. I’d like to contain it better though. Perhaps give it a fixed size, maybe add some borders? Also, the main visual problem is that the Title that views on the calendar does not have line breaks. So, my 5 word title remains a wide horizontal area of text that pushes the next calendar number way out of position. That said, is there a tag I could use to break up the Title line? And, how might I modify the Table and Cells? (I’m pretty good with CSS.)

Thank you, once again. (Sorry for pestering you.)

#522 2010-05-05 08:06:10

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

laptophobo wrote:

You then mentioned above to follow “this thread,” but no thread link was provided.

Because I meant this (smd_calendar) thread :-)

my 5 word title remains a wide horizontal area of text that pushes the next calendar number way out of position.

Can you limit the width of your td cells via CSS so the title wraps? (I’ve never tried) Or give your titles a class and change the font-size ;-)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#523 2010-05-07 14:25:34

pafruu

Hello, I’m sorry if this question has been answered already!

I am trying to make this calendar work all is well until I click on the “event” to have access to more information on the event in a shape of an article or something.

I fairly new to textpattern and I know that I am missing something in the tag that I have entered. Here is what I have:

<txp:smd_calendar firstday=“0” dayformat=”{Dimanche,Lundi,Mardi,Mercredi,Jeudi,Vendredi,Samedi}” monthformat=”{Janvier,Février,Mars,Avril,Mai,Juin,Juillet,Août,Septembre,Octobre,Novembre,Décembre}” section=“spectacles” class=“calendarCell” navarrow=”&nbsp;,&nbsp;” />

I have a feeling that I need some other tag of some sort.

Please help me

I try, and I try, and I try…. and sometimes I achieve

#524 2010-05-08 07:16:12

laptophobo
Website

Stef,

Yes, I think that modifying the TD cells with CSS may be the solution. That said, I’m wondering how.

#525 2010-05-11 04:29:48

laptophobo
Website

Hello Stef,

I was able to modify the table and td cells a bit using an external CSS sheet, but I’m finding myself very limited with what I can do there. When I view the Source of the HTML page, I see you have several classes (presumably CSS), e.g.: smd_cal_navrow, smd_cal_navprev, etc.

Am I permitted to modify your calendar style sheet? If so, where would it be located?

Thanks much for your time.

Last edited by laptophobo (2010-05-11 04:31:01)

#526 2010-05-11 08:05:24

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

laptophobo wrote:

smd_cal_navrow, smd_cal_navprev, etc. Am I permitted to modify your calendar style sheet?

Most of the class names can be changed if you wish but some of them cannot be changed at the moment. From memory, I think smd_cal_navrow is one of them (I cannot remember why!)

You can change smd_cal_navprev/next using the navclass attribute. You can also alter the wraptags in some cases too. If you need any finer control than that, please let me know where and why you need the markup altering and I’ll see what can be done.

#527 2010-05-11 09:20:41

merz1
Website

Am I permitted to modify your calendar style sheet? If so, where would it be located?

I think laptophobo is calling for help aka some commented example CSS files to have a starting point for styling an smd_calendar. Maybe this could become another textgarden category.

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#528 2010-05-11 18:26:44

pafruu

Hello again,

I’ve been able to make the calendar display in the way that I wanted while modifying the stylesheet. I also managed to have those event show up on the very first page of my site. The only problem that I am experiencing right now is when I enter a new event to the calendar. It shows up in the calendar no problem. But lets say I want to know more about that event and I decided to click on it. this is the message that I get:

Tag error: -> Textpattern Notice: Page template calendar does not contain a txp:article tag on line 514

Where should I have this <txp:article /> tagged placed on the page template itself? In the <txp:smd_calendar /> tag?

Help me ….please…. I beg of you….. I’ve been at it for 2 days nopw and I still can’t make it work.

oh yeah.. did I mention that I’m a Noob at textpattern?

thanks

I try, and I try, and I try…. and sometimes I achieve

Board footer