1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » [dropped] rah_personal_budget

#1 2008-12-09 07:44:26

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

[dropped] rah_personal_budget

Development of rah_personal_budget has been put on ice due to low interest from both the developer and its users. Sad truth is that there are way better alternatives available when it comes to personal financing.

Since rah_personal_budged tries to be a financing application, it should be the best there is or otherwise there is no point in having it. Even being free isn’t enough when there are better free products available.

I recommend taking a look at Mint, a web based free service. Yes, free – and absolutely beautiful, secure and well supported. There are also several elegant desktop and mobile based applications available, including You Need A Budget and Squirrel.

Old downloads.

Last edited by Gocom (2012-08-31 07:22:09)

#2 2008-12-09 08:02:27

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

Re: [dropped] rah_personal_budget

Gocom,

I like how the Rahforum website is looking, and all the plugins, you’ve been busy.

#3 2008-12-09 08:22:40

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

hcgtv wrote:

Gocom,

I like how the Rahforum website is looking, and all the plugins, you’ve been busy.

hcgtv, thanks mate :)

Last edited by Gocom (2008-12-09 08:29:15)

#4 2008-12-09 15:26:36

mrdale
Website

Interesting. Thanks for sharing your copious body of work.

On my install the years start back in the 80s and end this year. SHould probably start last year and extend into the future instead.

#5 2008-12-10 02:49:03

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

mrdale wrote:

On my install the years start back in the 80s and end this year. SHould probably start last year and extend into the future instead.

Roger. Thanks for reporting that out :) Sorry, build my code on 64-bit enviroment, and accidently used a code that can not absolutely be counted by 32-bit systems or a PHP versions that are below 5.1. That is because time count limit that 32-bit enviroment has (is ‘fixed’ in newer PHP5 versions). Basically it was just because I overcame the limit year of 32-bit system on the dropdown.

rah_personal_budget version 0.2 fixes that ‘bug’ (or 32-bit limitation) by using ‘non-date’ method to count the years (just simple this years + 30 first grade math) :)

Version 0.2 changelog:

• Fixed time dropdown box’s year counting bug that occured on 32-bit servers and old PHP versions.

More info and downloads

#6 2010-08-10 03:00:36

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Just released rah_personal_budget v0.3.

This update includes:

• Fixed: now doesn’t show highest income as the highest expense in the budget’s stats.
  • Fixed: JavaScript slider problems caused by duplicated code.
  • Fixed: timezone issues with the datetime functions.
  • Fixed: now shows the hidden odd “item description”. Before user could provide a description, but it wasn’t shown anywhere.
  • Changed: separated the editing panels from the lists. Now the forms and editing panels have their own panes.
  • Changed: now hides unnessasery controls as seen in rah_post_versions.
  • Changed: the panel event from rah_personal_budget_page to rah_personal_budget.
  • Changed: instead showing *long* dropdown lists for seleting dates, now everything is done by simply typing the date in a field.
  • Added: when deleting items, checks if the item is either the main group or individual item inside the group. Doesn’t just remove records based on the user input.
  • Added: checks the validity of set timestamps, and prompts the user if it isn’t valid.
  • Removed: inline styles.
  • Removed: rah_personal_budget_correct(). Now corrects values with number_format().
  • Removed: rah_personal_budget_select().
  • Improved: saving and editing functions.
  • Updated: use of operators.
  • Updated: navigation bar at the top of the panel.
  • From version 0.3 onwards requires Textpattern version 4.0.7 or newer.

More info and downloads

Screenshots are cool. So I made some calls and got some (click to see full-sized images. Each weights around 1137×553px @ 25 KB):

#7 2011-11-26 10:55:42

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

Hi Jukka ;)

Useful plugin (as always).
Maybe you could adapt the code to avoid error for no items into existant budget

ligne #488.

actual:

$content = 
$stats.implode('',$out);

can be changed to:

($rs) ? $content = 
$stats.implode('',$out) : 
$content = $out;

Last edited by Pat64 (2011-11-26 10:55:59)

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

#8 2011-11-26 19:15:07

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Thank you Patrick :). Said error is now fixed in the newest version, v0.4.

More info and downloads.

Last edited by Gocom (2011-11-26 19:15:51)

#9 2011-11-26 21:15:46

maruchan
Website

Very nice, Jukka. Any plans for front-end tags? Just wondering about an intranet site with charts for the data.

#10 2011-11-27 02:32:46

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

maruchan wrote:

Any plans for front-end tags?

That’s a good suggestion, Marc.

Unfortunately I have no big plans of further developing this project at this point. At least it’s not in my current schedule, maybe in 2013-2014?

But by no means is the plugin on my drop list (or superseded), and you can at least expect security feature, usability, localization, and interface (HTML5-validity, CSS selectors for easier theming etc) updates in next x months. But that isn’t exactly scheduled either — can’t say any estimate. There are at least 9 projects (updates) planned (in works) before, plus potentially some minor patch updates.

I wouldn’t get my hopes up about very (as in very very) advanced tag support, as this is one of the projects that I’m (deliberately) keeping as simple as possible, so that the code is easy to maintain and to avoid introducing new bugs. As Patrick’s report may reveal, I’m not exactly actively using this one and I don’t notice everything (uh, anything).

But you may (or may not) expect an API (one of the upcoming updates to a projects cough rah_post_versions cough will have one — at some form) that other could use to create tags. That would allow much more than some half-assed tags made by me.

Is it just me, or is that answer anything than definite.

Last edited by Gocom (2011-11-27 02:36:24)

#11 2011-11-27 03:21:53

maruchan
Website

Thanks for the explanation, and no worries. It’s not desperately needed but I thought I would ask in case you were planning it.

#12 2011-11-27 08:26:07

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

… Perfect :)

Another suggestion Jukka:

Cause you are a professional PHP programer may be you could join the TXP staff (as a core dev) to help the current and future great work.

;)

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » [dropped] rah_personal_budget

Board footer