Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#49 2009-02-09 21:19:30

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: Admin skins

Destry wrote:

I’ll try and find some time to read through, cuz it looks like this is on to something

I’ve sent you a login so you can poke around with the plugin if you like. Extensions -> Admin skins.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#50 2009-02-10 15:49:47

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Have you done a patch yet Stef?

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#51 2009-02-10 16:12:37

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

thebombsite wrote:

Have you done a patch yet Stef?

Yes but its against 4.0.7 r3039 so is a bit out of date now with all the new stuff in txp_libhead/txp_libhtml as of yesterday :-(

When I get some inspiration / guidance on the best way to approach some kind of skin callback mechanism — as mentioned elsewhere (in walker’s thread for one, that I can’t find right now) — I’ll revisit this and see if I can make the code less hacky, then release a new patch to the latest SVN at the time.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#52 2009-02-10 17:18:40

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Nice to see someone carrying on the torch. I’ll be watching with interest.

#53 2009-02-10 19:51:47

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Mary wrote:

Nice to see someone carrying on the torch. I’ll be watching with interest.

Thanks, your crockery mod clicked some random synapses in my excuse for a brain, so I threw the plugin together to demo your idea. If you’d like a login to see your handiwork in action, just drop me a note.

And if you ever feel like stepping in and throwing some cool stuff this way, I’d love some pointers or equivalent, to kick start my half-arsed hack of your clever idea towards a proper solution that fits with the TXP ethos. Including hunks of txplib_head in a theme just somehow feels ‘dirty’, but I long to give people the power to mod some of the look ‘n feel of the admin side, in a Textpatternish way. Ta!

#54 2009-02-10 21:54:28

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

The patch looks very interesting, and appears on the right track although a little difficult to read. I do see several security problems which are easily fixed. The PHP that occurs inside pageTop could probably stand to be in it’s own function. Let me know if you want help crafting a patch.

#55 2009-02-17 11:46:27

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

Bloke wrote:

When I get some inspiration / guidance on the best way to approach some kind of skin callback mechanism…

I’m contemplating a class TxpSkin which one would instantiate to override the “classic” look. From my POV, I’m rather interested in your contribution for the user interface (presenting and activating a certain skin), than the skin rendering per se, as I expect this to undergo severe modifications from the current state of things. E.g. we’d probably want have some robustness against version changes like the one you mentioned built in.

Board footer