Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2008-12-09 23:12:19

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: Admin skins

the_ghost wrote:

Are there some working textpatern skins that can be instaled with this patch?

Yes:

And of course you’ll need the plugin (compressed) in order to install them. All props to the original authors of those awesome skins: you rock!

EDIT: thanks for testing this Viktor; I would be interested to hear how you get on if you clone a skin and insert cyrillic characters in the about.txt file (note that the skin filenames themselves are subject to the rules you and ruud talked about recently with regards 4.0.7 file handling).

Last edited by Bloke (2008-12-09 23:18:02)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#26 2008-12-09 23:16:17

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

Bloke wrote:

And of course you’ll need the plugin (compressed) in order to install them.

Stef, your url is missing an f in the plugin file.

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#27 2008-12-09 23:21:31

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

MattD wrote:

Stef, your url is missing an f in the plugin file.

lol.. got my own domain wrong! Maybe that explains why Google kicked me off their search engine… :-D

Thanks Matt, will fix it.

EDIT: Fixed!

Last edited by Bloke (2008-12-09 23:23:51)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#28 2008-12-09 23:33:50

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

I know I sound like stuck vinyl, but just another reiteration that this is proof of concept only.

Please don’t spend ages deliberating over or constructing the perfect skin because the way this thing hangs together WILL CHANGE and may never see the light of day if we can’t find a good compromise between the hacky way the patch does stuff now vs an official mechanism that the dev team are happy with.

By all means play, tweak, suggest improvements to the plugin or underlying patch methodology; I just don’t want anyone to go to the trouble of creating a beautiful skin now and have to go back and redo everything later! Unless you enjoy doing that kind of thing, of course ;-)

Last edited by Bloke (2008-12-09 23:34:37)

#29 2008-12-10 07:27:18

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

Oops :

Fatal error: Call to undefined function skin_dir() in /home/s/domain/html/back-admin/lib/txplib_misc.php(570) : eval()'d code on line 87

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

#30 2008-12-10 09:12:11

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Pat64 wrote:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function skin_dir() in /home/s/domain/html/back-admin/lib/txplib_misc.php(570) : eval()'d code on line 87

Have you installed the patch? That function is defined in the core mod I made.

If you don’t want to install the patch (it’s not a good idea just yet unless you are hardcore!) then consider requesting a login on my test server so you can play with the plugin directly.

Last edited by Bloke (2008-12-10 09:14:20)

#31 2008-12-10 13:01:08

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

Bloke wrote:

Have you installed the patch? That function is defined in the core mod I made.

Oops. No.

If you don’t want to install the patch (it’s not a good idea just yet unless you are hardcore!) then consider requesting a login on my test server so you can play with the plugin directly.

Done. I send you a message from your website.

Title: Stef shows her mini tongue
Courtesy © 2006 Stef Dawson, all rights reserved.

Do you know what? I Think this man is really crasy :))

Last edited by Pat64 (2008-12-10 13:01:52)

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

#32 2008-12-11 17:28:26

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I’ve updated “A Bit Blue” cuz you changed some class and id names. Tut tut. ;)

As far as the setup button is concerned, in the “td” that surrounds the form, can you use “text-align:right;” or maybe just “align:right;” as it’s a table??

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#33 2008-12-11 19:02:48

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

thebombsite wrote:

I’ve updated “A Bit Blue” cuz you changed some class and id names. Tut tut. ;)

Did I? Wasn’t aware of that but anything’s possible in my fried brain. I thought the skin looked a bit off-kilter — better now, thanks. Apologies if it was my foul-up, though I don’t recall renaming anything admin-side. Perhaps some late-breaking SVN changes did it? There was a flurry of activity in textpattern.css near release time.

As far as the setup button is concerned, in the “td” that surrounds the form, can you use “text-align:right;” or maybe just “align:right;” as it’s a table??

I thought so too, but the table at the top is only a very small table, barely the width of the controls themselves. So I really need to make it as wide as the main table first, then I can use your method (and I’ll have to change the left cell to be aligned centrally (or right) as well, grr).

I was looking for a CSS rule in there that I could latch onto that defined the width of the main table already but have so far turned up nothing I can use. Ideas on a postcard…

Last edited by Bloke (2008-12-11 19:03:42)

#34 2008-12-12 20:29:04

jpdupont

Hello,
is it possible to add this template :

http://www.graphicpush.com/branding-the-txp-admin-interface-for-clients

#35 2008-12-12 20:30:48

JanDW
Plugin Author
Website

jpdupont wrote:

Hello, is it possible to add this template : http://www.graphicpush.com/branding-the-txp-admin-interface-for-clients

+1 yes, please!

TXPDream – A Textpattern Tag Library for Adobe Dreamweaver. (updated for 4.2.0) | jdw_if_ajax – Only serve certain parts of a page when requested with AJAX

#36 2008-12-13 12:55:02

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

jpdupont wrote:

is it possible to add this template

Yes :-)

I ported it over a few minutes ago with very little trouble. It’s not to my tastes and there are a couple of issues imho; the white-on-black code boxes don’t do much for me, and a few of the “Browse…” links seem odd left-justified, but I’ve not delved into the CSS that milkshake did recently to figure out why.

But it works, and looks pretty cool overall. Feel free to play with it. It’s based on the 4.0.7 port from milkshake, all kudos to him and the original authors.

JanDW

Login on its way imminently…

Last edited by Bloke (2008-12-13 12:55:58)

Board footer