Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2004-02-29 19:43:37

Jennifer
Website

Re: Movable Type Import 0.4

Heh. And you thought you were going to have a life with us nagging at you for every little thing? :)

#14 2004-02-29 20:13:12

Dean
Founder (Gone, but not forgotten)
Website

…added comments blog_id filtering in 0.4

(For some reason no category info is making it into the MT mysqldumps I’ve received – someone want to send me a MT-export file?)

text*

#15 2004-02-29 20:51:49

froehle
Website

Dean, the category information is stored in a table called ‘mt_placement’.

<code>
#Table structure for table `mt_placement`
CREATE TABLE `mt_placement` ( `placement_id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, `placement_entry_id` int(11) NOT NULL default ‘0’, `placement_blog_id` int(11) NOT NULL default ‘0’, `placement_category_id` int(11) NOT NULL default ‘0’, `placement_is_primary` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default ‘0’, PRIMARY KEY (`placement_id`), KEY `placement_entry_id` (`placement_entry_id`), KEY `placement_category_id` (`placement_category_id`), KEY `placement_is_primary` (`placement_is_primary`)
) TYPE=MyISAM;
#Dumping data for table `mt_placement`
INSERT INTO `mt_placement` VALUES (1, 1, 1, 1, 1);
INSERT INTO `mt_placement` VALUES (2, 2, 1, 2, 1);
</code>
- – - – -
<code>
Changing the article query to select mt_entry.entry_id as ID, mt_entry.entry_text as Body, mt_entry.entry_text_more as Body2, mt_entry.entry_title as Title, mt_entry.entry_created_on as Posted, mt_entry.entry_modified_on as LastMod, mt_category.category_label as Category1, mt_author.author_name as AuthorID from mt_entry left join mt_author on mt_author.author_id = mt_entry.entry_author_id left join mt_placement on mt_placement.placement_entry_id = mt_entry.entry_id left join mt_category on mt_category.category_id = mt_placement.placement_category_id where entry_blog_id = ‘$blog_id’
</code>

worked great for me, however this could potentially cause problems if people have multiple categories assigned to one post (ie, then placement_is_primary=0).

Last edited by froehle (2004-02-29 20:54:14)

#16 2004-02-29 23:46:48

mrbill
Website

So far so good.

Compare:

SunHELP: http://www.sunhelp.org (still MT-based)

to

test site: http://txp.mrbill.net

Works good enough for me. You might want to look at having a script that will import from MT’s text-file-export format as well, for people who arent using MySQL with MT.

#17 2004-03-01 00:09:21

schussat
Plugin Author
Website

Awesome! Dean, as the kids like to say these days, you rule.

As others have reported, it didn’t catch my categories (though it did get a couple of scattered entries, oddly enough), and a few characters came across as a bit wonky. But my txp blog doesn’t look all empty anymore!

After taking a longer tour through the converted entries, I’ve noticed that a handful of my MT entries simply weren’t converted. Two of them were full of images, but another was just text. I’m not sure if there’s any rhyme or reason behind it. Three of the non-converted entries are here, here, and here, just in case anybody is curious. Without a complete survey of my MT blog, it doesn’t look like any entries with images were converted successfully.

Out of curiosity: If a newer version of txp_mt_import does correct the current conversion glitches, am I just out of luck, or can I run it again without creating all sorts of unwanted outcomes? (Perhaps after mass-deleting the original batch of converted entries? I imagine there is sql magic that would help me do that.)

Last edited by schussat (2004-03-01 00:27:07)

-Alan

#18 2004-03-01 02:55:01

Jennifer
Website

Oh, man. Try contacting your host to see if they have a backup. I’ve done stuff like that – it sucks.

Board footer