Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#325 2005-09-19 04:59:26

jufemaiz
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: Plugin/Hack: Albumpattern

I am using it here and loving it, although I thought I’d share some feedback in the hope of finding out if functions are available/how to access…

First: can we select what order the albums are shown in. They appear to default to alphabetical – any chance of an option to have it by date instead?
Second: Upload form. Can we set the date of the upload rather than having txp select it for us? Makes it a little more user friendly.
Thirdly: Bulk uploads would be nice (covered elsewhere I know)
Fourthly: Square thumbnails – can these be centered on the image when being made rather than being top left (I hacked the code of glx_image_admin earlier to make it so, just not quite sure how to ‘update’ yours… and given that photographers usually like the center of the frame… well… let’s see how that goes)

BE + MEngSc = engineer with a side dish of frustrated designer/developer with a penchant for photography outside

#326 2005-10-01 23:47:00

photonomad
Website

jufemaiz: I’m using the Testing Release 0.5 and the square thumbs are centered.

I agree with the request to be able to choose the display order of the albums. In fact, it would be great to just click a “move up” or “move down” button in the list menu (for both ap images and albums) to change the display order of images and albums. Manipulating the date of each image (to change the order of display within an album) is pretty tedious.

I’m also wondering if there is a way to display the name of the album on an image page. I tried ap_page_title and it gave me a ‘breadcrumb’ style title… what can I use to ouput the album name only?

thanks again for an awesome gallery solution… been searching for years!

- Stacey

#327 2005-10-02 02:41:54

photonomad
Website

Textile does not seem to work in AlbumPattern (I’m using Testing Release 0.5 b).

Carriage returns do not translate into paragraph breaks, some Textile modifiers will work and then others will not later on in the same body/excerpt, and text in the body and excerpt fields react differently given the same text and Textile modifiers.
Under Advanced Options, the checked or unchecked status of body and excerpt doesn’t seem to make a difference. Plus, anything unchecked becomes checked even after I hit save.

Are others experiencing problems with Textile in AP?

#328 2005-10-02 10:24:00

elmar
Website

Square thumbs are centered using ImageMagick, but not with the GD Library. It shouldn’t be TOO hard to change that.

And I agree, being able to change the order of the albums would be great.

#329 2005-10-02 19:57:34

photonomad
Website

Big Problem:

Earlier today, I created an album and uploaded 3 images. Thus, there were images under the images tab for that particular album, however, under the List tab, the album showed ‘none’. All of my other albums looked fine (I have about 5 ap albums in three sections).

After deleting and re-uploading individual images to no avail, I finally deleted the ‘problem’ album and re-created it. This time it worked. Everything seemed to be fine with my albums. I went ahead and added a couple of images to another album — this one in a different section. By mistake, I tried to upload a TIF. Obviously this did not work and I uploaded a jpg version instead.

Later, I discovered that ALL of my regular Textpattern articles (in the non-AlbumPattern sections) were gone. Completely erased. No longer in the database. Under my articles tab, the only articles there are the AlbumPattern image/articles.

I have no clue what caused this, but it is frustrating and I thought I should write a post in case anyone else has this experience. Luckily, I am still in the design phase of this particular site and only lost a handful of articles. it could have been much worse

p.s. – the only other thing that I did this afternoon was delete a few plugins (that were already disabled anyway) and install sdr_guestbook4.0 (and create a new section called ‘guestbook’). I have no way of knowing if this had anything to do with the problem, as I hadn’t looked at my list of articles prior to the install.

#330 2005-10-03 08:22:34

jufemaiz
Archived Plugin Author
Website

additionally:

albumpattern suffers something similar to my event manager plugin in earlier editions. You need to addslashes and remove slashes on the information being inserted into the database! (this should be a priority) and also the textile goodness doesn’t work properly (like an article should) for the album info.

BE + MEngSc = engineer with a side dish of frustrated designer/developer with a penchant for photography outside

#331 2005-10-12 15:34:31

edumerco
Website

Hello everybody.

First, a very big thanks to Greenrift for Ap. It is a great plugin and integrates seamlessly.

I have installed Ap in the site of a not-for profit organization that I am helping. There is only one album, comments are off and there is almost no text in the images, so its functions are pretty basic now.

My versions are:
  • Textpattern: 4.0 (r789)
  • Albumpattern: Testing Release 0.5 BETA

Ap is working OK and the only bug I found is that after changing the album thumbnail, that is the only image that shows, even if the URL seems to be correct for the others. Does anyone have a clue about what could be happening?

Just in case, if it helps greenrift, I can create an account for you to peep there. Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks a lot to you all, Greenrift for the plugin, and the rest for your kind help and knowledge sharing. :-)

Regards…

EM, Buenos Aires, Argentina.

#332 2005-10-12 21:00:50

Bastian
Plugin Author
Website

Ninthoption said: Thank you, greenrift!
And Ninthoption is right!

I’m also running ap0.5 with txp 4.0.1… no problems with the largest plugin :)

Thanks

Last edited by Bastian (2005-10-12 21:01:19)

#333 2005-10-12 21:03:15

vibe9
Website

Greenrift you rule.
Albumpattern + 4.01 and go!

Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
-Grateful Dead

#334 2005-10-30 13:49:53

step21
Website

Suggestion: including the functionality of aba_image_import.
What do you think about that?

Ever/Never Design
Beauty meets Business.

#335 2005-11-02 16:33:33

running with scissors

i’m having a problem downloading the plugin from greenrift’s site. seems to be down.

Board footer