Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#277 2005-04-11 02:55:44

blumie607
Website

Re: Plugin/Hack: Albumpattern

Also, greenrift hasn’t really been around so I don’t know what’s up with Albumpattern. I do know that larf’s vdh_flickr is coming along nicely with some nice new features in every update.

bludrop studios .::. Creative Expression

#278 2005-04-11 03:54:39

creativesplash
Website

Yes APattern is basically a plugin. But can it be implemented without hacking the code? I think like you said with the introduction of Admin Side plugins it will now be possible to convert Albumpattern into a plugin.

“Take a point, stretch it into a line, curl it into a circle, twist it into a sphere, and punch through the sphere.”

— Albert Einstein

#279 2005-04-11 14:16:20

greenrift
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I’m still alive and somewhat around. Just busy with school, work and life as normal. The amount of time I get, without major distractions (I don’t live with videogame/computer geeks anymore) is pretty rare, I’m much more inclined to sit outside and read when it’s 70 and sunny out then sit inside and code.

I do plan on converting AP to an album side plugin, removing as many hacks from the TXP code as possible. The new URL handling stuff in TXP is very nice, and hopefully it will facilitate the movement into section-specific URL’s (like having the special AP URL’s, only without having to do a bunch of fixes for comments and the like). Most of the hacks that were in RC2 are simply to account for TXP not using one or two function to generate links. So instead of saying $link = createHREF($info); it said $link = $pfr.$section.'/'.$id;. I haven’t taken a big look at it, but that trend seems to have been reversed. Which is good, because it means that only one change in one places needs to happen.

So yah, I’m still here and plan on taking some time in the near future to work on something. I might not release it until 1.0 is out, just because telling people which line #‘s to change would be kind of a pain if stuff is still in flux. But I will be keep testing it against the newest builds to make sure stuff works.

#280 2005-04-11 15:05:53

sivni
Gone, but not forgotten

Great news Greenrift! Looking forward to see more of your great work. Thanks!

#281 2005-04-11 15:25:31

andreas
Website

Welcome “back”, greenrift. That’s good news. I’m looking forward to seeing the road AP takes. After looking at all image solutions, yours seemed to be the one that would’ve suited me best — if only it wasn’t such a hack. The outlook of having it as an admin-side plugin would be great.

Take your time.

#282 2005-04-11 18:27:26

creativesplash
Website

Albumpattern seemed to be the only good/complete solution for an image galery. It really does its job. The only prob I was facing was hacking the code (which does’nt suit me). Otherwise AP rocks. I am eagerly looking forward to using AP as a full-fledged plugin.

“Take a point, stretch it into a line, curl it into a circle, twist it into a sphere, and punch through the sphere.”

— Albert Einstein

#283 2005-04-12 01:11:16

TheEric
Plugin Author

> larf wrote:

> @ArbinShire:
> Lots of reasons. In my opinion the web-based organisation of
>pictures has never been so easy and feature rich. You’ve got desktop
>tools to upload hundreds of images with one mouseclick. You’ve got
>web-based tools to organize and rotate images. You don’t have to
>care
>about resizing.

>Go <a href=“http://www.rvdh.net/default/?set=174471”>here</a>,
>click on “Show as slideshow in new window” and you’ll know what I >mean.

Problem with Flickr is that your photo’s, are under someone elses control. That I don’t trust.

#284 2005-04-12 01:36:30

blumie607
Website

> Problem with Flickr is that your photo’s, are under someone elses control. That I don’t trust.

That’s very true- although there’s probably just as much as a possiblility (maybe even more) of someone “hacking” into your own site as there is on Flickr.

Anyways, it’s nice to see that greenrift is back. Some of his plugins are really useful and greatly increase Textpattern’s abilities. Can’t wait to get some more updates.

bludrop studios .::. Creative Expression

#285 2005-04-12 13:15:49

druzli
Website

Welcome back Greenrift. Looking forward seeing this plugin/hack as a plugin only(fingers crossed).

regards,

Agust

#286 2005-04-13 07:24:11

larf
Archived Plugin Author
Website

TheEric wrote:

> Problem with Flickr is that your photo’s, are under someone elses control. That I don’t
> trust.

It depends how you see it. If you do have a hardware server, sure, your photos are under someone else’s control. But most people do only have a webspace package anyway, so ALL of their files are under the control of their webhost.
That’s why I don’t have a problem with flickr hosting my photos.

#287 2005-04-13 11:42:19

TheEric
Plugin Author

Not quite. With something that you’re paying for, you don’t have to worry whether or not randomly the corporation is going to turn evil and start dropping adverising on your page. With Flikr, you are limited to their terms of service and since you’re getting something for nothing (unless you purchase the PRO upgrade), that can be exactly what you get.

#288 2005-04-27 22:51:19

macsepp
Website

Hey greenrift, you would make us (especially me) so happy with an AP release and documentation-update to get everything running on txp 1.0RC3.

My gallery is currently offline, after updating to APTR4 under txp1.0RC1. Now I updated to txp1.0RC3 but it’s all the same.
I allready read some guys have the same problems. TR4 just doesn’t seem to fit well to RC3 ;).
This halfversioning and documentation/hack/hint-searching/debugging confuses me a lot. It’s the same with TXP itself which just makes is worse.
Your plugin is still the best gallery plugin for txp and I love it.

Give us more! :)

lg

macsepp

Btw.: It’s still taking decades to upload 150+ images with only 5 uploads at once ;).

Textpattern loves me, and I love textpattern.

Board footer