You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#71 2009-07-08 21:42:39

Bloke
Developer
Website

Re: smd_tags: unlimited article, image, file and link taxonomy

gss@att.net wrote:

This is a terrific plugin!

Thanks. It’d be even better if it worked properly :-) One day…

Fatal error: Call to undefined function image_format_info()\

You’re right that this function is part of my patch that has yet to be consolidated / accepted / ratified / modged into the core. When and if it surfaces, smd_tags will work/be made to work with it so you can use it like you intend. Until that time, images remain 2nd class citizens so you will have to patch the core to promote them, I’m afraid.

Luckily, I think the patch is still applicable to TXP 4.0.8 (and even the current SVN branch of 4.2.0) because 90% of it simply adds new tags/functions. There are two modifications to existing tags but since those tags have not been changed in a long time, you should be good to go. If you’re handy with a diff program, you should be able to merge the changes from taghandlers_image straight into taghandlers.php and from txplib_misc_image to txplib_misc.php. Keep a backup of course in case things go sideways and let me know if you have any problems (or if it works of course!)

I wasn’t able to get admin v0.2 to upload.

Weird. Although it’ll work(ish) mixing client 0.2 and admin 0.11, you’ll find some things make TXP cry. Plus there are quite a few enhancements in 0.2 in the way URLs are handled. Did you try uploading the .zip version?

Last edited by Bloke (2009-07-08 21:43:27)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#72 2009-07-09 12:55:09

gss@att.net

If you’re handy with a diff program, you should be able to merge the changes

Unfortunately, I am so not handy with any diff programs, but the format of the diff file seemed self-explanatory, so I was able to muddle through applying the patches by hand, I think. At least everything works now. Oh, and did I mention everything works now (including images)! Yay!

This is a terrific plugin. I’m using it to build a site, maintained by multiple authors, in which articles, images, and files are all indexed by multiple categories such that all the information on any single topic can be pulled together quickly and easily. Have I mentioned that this is a terrific plugin?

Did you try uploading the .zip version?

That worked. Now I’m on v0.2 of both admin and client. Thank you!

#73 2009-10-08 23:53:42

whaleen
Website

oops

Last edited by whaleen (2009-11-12 09:17:48)

txtstrap (Textpattern + Twitter Bootstrap + etc…)

#74 2009-10-28 21:13:41

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

Stef, I just installed this plugin in hopes of using tags in place of related articles but it seems the client side tag smd_related_tags isn’t using the table prefix giving me a Table 'my_db.smd_tags_used' doesn't exist. I see the admin side works and new tags are showing correctly in my_db.myprefix_smd_tags_used

I didn’t read through this thread to see if this was already reported.

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#75 2010-03-18 12:28:34

jpdupont

Stef,

If you want to experiment with client-side image tagging you will need a core patch.

With the new improvements of images in TXP, is this plugin working for client-side image tagging ?

#76 2010-03-18 13:32:59

Bloke
Developer
Website

jpdupont wrote:

With the new improvements of images in TXP, is this plugin working for client-side image tagging ?

Yes. If you’re running the latest SVN, image tagging with this plugin will (hehe, should) work out of the box. I still have to revisit this plugin and give it some love though. All in good time…

MattD

Yeah, sorry for taking eons to reply. Got buried. It’s a bug.

Last edited by Bloke (2010-03-18 13:34:34)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#77 2010-03-18 14:36:53

jpdupont

Good news ! Thanks Stef !

#78 2010-03-22 18:07:03

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

For some reasons the tag added to images aren’t saved. I type in the textarea, save, but when i come back to the image, the textarea is empty. What could I check? I also tried creating the tag before.

Last edited by Zanza (2010-03-22 18:07:27)

#79 2010-03-22 18:37:58

johnstephens
Plugin Author
Website

Zanza wrote:

I type in the textarea, save, but when i come back to the image, the textarea is empty.

Is the image tab the only place in Textpattern where this is happening? I got this issue when I set a future expiry date for html documents in the .htaccess file for a site in which I was experimenting with ways to optimize page speed.

#80 2010-03-22 22:37:10

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

John, thanks for your reply. I haven’t activated articles, files or link, so I can’t answer at the moment. But after further analysis it came out that only textarea got the problem. Tags are working both with select and text. Textareas, with or without ‘plus’, simply don’t save and don’t show the tags. Even if they are assigned. Maybe someone could try to replicate this behavior.

Thanks!

Board footer