Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#241 2013-04-04 23:37:07

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: smd_tags: unlimited article, image, file and link taxonomy

kees-b

I just updated the beta to be a little more tolerant of 4.5 installs. You can certainly try it out (backup first: there are a lot of changes). There are still a truckload of validation issues on the tag management page and the layout is pretty ropey overall, but assigning tags from the article, image, file and link panels should be a lot more pleasant. Haven’t fully tested all the input modes yet, but the select list works.

Sorry that this one has been sidelined for so long. There are so many things I want to do differently / better now that it’s an uphill struggle to motivate myself to undo the work I previously did. So many things on the Todo list…

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#242 2013-04-05 08:46:04

kees-b
Website

Bloke wrote:

I just updated the beta to be a little more tolerant of 4.5 installs.

Many thanks, I’ll give it a try!

-kees

#243 2013-04-08 01:23:26

piyashrija

Hi stef

I am unable to unselect selected tag from textpattern article.
Is this bug with new release.

Thanks

#244 2013-04-08 11:09:42

kees-b
Website

Hi Stef,

I updated to the last beta of smd_tags and all seems working fine. Adding and removing tags on existing articles is working again!

I only have one display problem on my tags section page. I am using this form:

<txp:smd_if_tag_list> <txp:smd_tag_list wraptag="ul" break="" > <txp:smd_related_tags type="article" form="tag_listing" section="" break="" /> </txp:smd_tag_list> </txp:smd_if_tag_list>

The tag_listing form defines a list, displaying a grid of article_image thumbnails with permanent links to the article.
At the side of this tags page is an alphabetic list of all existing tags. When clicking on a tag name related articles are displayed as they should.

There is one difference with the situation before: with smd_tags 0.4 without selecting a tag <txp:smd_related_tags /> displayed all existing tags in one large list when visiting the tags section. After upgrading to 0.5beta nothing is displayed. Only after clicking a tag the related articles show up.

How can I get my long list back?

Last edited by kees-b (2013-04-08 11:45:15)

#245 2013-04-08 12:58:28

kees-b
Website

Found a working solution myself.
I added a <txp:else /> tag followed by another <smd_related_tags /> tag in my form. With this second tag the long list is displayed, and can be separately tamed and styled!

<txp:smd_if_tag_list> <txp:smd_tag_list wraptag="ul" break="" > <txp:smd_related_tags type="article" form="tag_listing" section="" break="" /> </txp:smd_tag_list><txp:else /> <txp:smd_related_tags type="article" wraptag="ul" form="tag_listing" section="" break="" /> </txp:smd_if_tag_list>

-k

#246 2013-04-09 01:22:04

piyashrija

Hi Kees

I don’t understand how you making it work.
I try to make fresh installation (beta) in textpattern 4.5.4.

I get message ‘internal_error “Column count doesn’t match value count at row 1’;

After that i get.

‘I’m sorry. I’m afraid I can’t do that. I think plugin plugin_install is no safe operation at this time.’

Addition

Plugin get install anyway but there is problem adding tag in article.
In manage tab when you try to add tag it will add it to database but under particular article it will not show up.

Thanks

Last edited by piyashrija (2013-04-09 01:25:42)

#247 2013-04-09 08:31:27

kees-b
Website

piyashrija wrote:

Hi Kees
I don’t understand how you making it work.
I try to make fresh installation (beta) in textpattern 4.5.4.

I did an upgrade on an allready existing smd_tags install. I did not try installing the beta directly on a fresh txp 4.5.4. So I can only say upgrading worked for me.
If I find some time I will try installing smd_tags on a new 4.5.4 site.
Do you get any errors when installing other plugins?

-k

Last edited by kees-b (2013-04-09 08:33:19)

#248 2013-04-11 03:20:52

piyashrija

Kees@No i don’t get error when installing other plugins
THanks

#249 2013-04-26 01:26:39

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

piyashrija wrote:

‘internal_error “Column count doesn’t match value count at row 1’;

Totally my fault. Schoolboy error, for which I have lambasted myself and written out the lines “Thou shalt not increase the column count without also increasing the number of columns in any inserted default data” fifty times as penance. I asked my cat to kick me as punishment too, but he just purred. Maybe he forgives me.

Anyway, it’s fixed on the beta page now. Thanks for letting me know.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#250 2013-04-26 08:36:56

kees-b
Website

Bloke wrote:

Anyway, it’s fixed on the beta page now. Thanks for letting me know.

Hi Bloke, I never encountered the problem because I upgraded the plugin. Is it neccesary for me to install this new one too?

Kees

#251 2013-04-26 08:41:42

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

kees-b wrote:

Hi Bloke, I never encountered the problem because I upgraded the plugin. Is it neccesary for me to install this new one too?

Nope, only affects new installs.

#252 2013-05-28 17:55:15

whaleen
Website

edit: I don’t even understand my original question here now coming back to it. I’m going to wipe it to make another and remove that confusing clutter from this thread. Sorry:

I’ve abandoned txp:categories, tru_tags, custom_fields, and rss_unlimited_categories and have chosen to rely solely on smd_tags to organize all content. My feeling is that with smd_tags, the article_custom tag, and smd_query I should be able to show any imaginable combination of articles. I hope I’m right.

The main thing I’m trying to achieve is a filtering mechanism. In short, I would like to show lists of articles that have each in a list of multiple tags assigned to them. In other words “show all articles that have red, green, and blue but not article that have only one or two of those three – show only those which have all three”.

Now for the longer description of what I am doing to get there:

library is set as my trigger however I am using adi_gps to extract these url variables:

<txp:site_url />library?subject=history&type=documentary&creator=harvard

I’m then using smd_query to build a select menu of options per each of these 3 root level tags which match those url vars:

<txp:smd_query query="SELECT name, title FROM smd_tags WHERE parent = 'subject'">
<option value="{name}">{title}</option>
</txp:smd_query>

So at present I’m using these 3 root level tags (subject, type, and cretor) and per each of those I’ve built those select menus so that I have what appears is a filtering menu for listing any combination of of article matching those criteria.

See the current headache inducing spaghetti mess to maybe get more of an idea of the context I’m working inside of. It’s been important for me to work toward the one simple goal of using <txp:article_custom id='<txp:variable name="filtered_ids" />' /> as the means to display any articles. I’ve just been having a hell of a time wrangling the ids per each tag and then now am stuck on how to exclude articles whose tags do not share the same article (articles 123,542,23,34 each have all of the selected tags assigned to them).

I hope I haven’t drifted too far out… Please save me!

Last edited by whaleen (2013-05-30 19:18:22)

txtstrap (Textpattern + Twitter Bootstrap + etc…)

Board footer