Textpattern Forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#201 2012-01-23 11:32:42

milosevic

Re: smd_tags: unlimited article, image, file and link taxonomy

I was using 4.0, but upgrading to 4.1 didn’t solves the problem. Assigning content to categories with zero articles didn’t fix the problem

I have started from zero deletin the smd_tags tables an reimporting all the stuff from rss_uc. Before an hour reconstructing some dependences, everything looks working ok.

Thank’s!

<txp:rocks/>

#202 2012-02-01 00:41:19

Bloke
Developer
Website

I’ve just pushed up a new beta which fixes some of the URL-related problems. So in addition to the stuff I mentioned previously this version also:

• Fixes <txp:smd_if_tag_list> context trigger with empty URL params. Previously it was reporting ‘true’ if you visited a trigger page with no tags and no tag types. e.g. site.com/trigger/article/tag-name, site.com/trigger/article and site.com/trigger all used to return true. Now only the first two do: the latter case returns false so you can detect if the list has no tags in the current context (and then maybe use showall="1" to list all tags in your <txp:else /> branch).
  • Fixes <txp:smd_tag_list> on empty list and non-list pages. Similar to the above, on pages without tag context, <txp:smd_tag_list> would not fire if there were no tag_type/tags in the URL.
  • Fixed <txp:smd_related_tags> when using it inside smd_tag_list with showall="1". This is a similar problem to the above: it now correctly identifies the tag context at all times.
  • Plays better with with gbp_permanent_links when using <txp:smd_tag_name> to link to tag landing pages.
  • Swaps &nbsp; for the code with ‘#160;’ in it that I can’t print here because it gets eaten by Textile. I did this for no other reason than someone said it was a good idea in case anyone is still serving content as XHTML+XML. I reserve the right to be wrong and put nbsp back..

Although I think this version is better and more consistent it has some rather drastic logic alterations behind the scenes, which I hope won’t give anyone any breakage from prior functionality. Please test it and let me know if you spot any regression. Thanks for your continued patience while I tinker with this.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#203 2012-02-02 23:22:37

milosevic

Hi, Stef:

I don’t know if it is a bug or it is normal (If it is normal behavior then I’m not understanding well this tag).

This code, used in an article page, works ok form me:

<txp:smd_tag_list showall="1" parent="a-parent-tag">
    <txp:smd_tag_name/> <txp:smd_tag_count/>
</txp:smd_tag_list>

result:

a-parent-tag (0)
a-child-tag (1)
another-child-1 (1)
another-child-2 (0)
another-child-3 (0)

but, when I try to hide the empty tags removing showall=“1” or changing its value to showall=“0”, returns nothing.

If I try to avoid the parent-tag with the param sublevel=“1”, it returns the same tags (the father and the childs).
If I try to avoid the parent-tag with the param exclude=“a-parent-tag”, it also returns the same tags (the father and the childs).
So it looks like sublevel and exclude don’t works, and showall works badly.

Could you show me please a code example for retrieve “tell me wich not empty tags are child tags of a-parent-tag”?

Thanks a lot.

Last edited by milosevic (2012-02-06 12:13:54)

<txp:rocks/>

#204 2012-02-10 19:57:43

lithium002

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to show files in search results that have a certain tag associated with it?

Right now I’m using rah_file_search to show files on based on the search term, but this search excludes files that may have tags associated with them that are relevant to the search.

rah_file_search only shows results if the search term exists either in the title, name or description of the file. Is it possible to have another query that shows files based on smd_tags associated with it?

#205 2012-03-21 23:39:24

floodfish
Website

I’m getting the blank screen of plugin-rejection with the unzipped, zipped, and beta versions.

I’ve got a bleeding-edge installation, pulled from the repo a few hours ago, 4.4.1 (r3683).

Plenty of other plugins are installing fine (at least from their zipped versions).

Any suggestions?

#206 2012-03-21 23:48:03

Bloke
Developer
Website

floodfish wrote:

I’ve got a bleeding-edge installation, pulled from the repo a few hours ago, 4.4.1 (r3683).

Haven’t tried installing it on SVN yet, but its plugin type will need altering to ‘5’ at a minimum (use phpMyAdmin if you can get the plugin installed, before you activate it). I need to check the plugin works with the new ajaxified Write tab. I suspect it’ll collapse in its current form.

The wrong plugin type shouldn’t stop you installing it though, so quite why it’s giving you the white finger is not obvious. I have another beta ready to go which is largely untested. You’re welcome to try that if you drop me a line.

Last edited by Bloke (2012-03-21 23:48:24)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern.

#207 2012-03-29 04:42:44

photonomad
Website

Hi Bloke,

I downloaded smd_tags 0.40 a while back to try it out. I haven’t actually been using it since, but it was still set to ‘Yes’ in my plugins list. I just noticed something in my txp Visitor Log that makes me curious. There are a bunch of hits to pages on my site that contain:

/?​smd_tag=&#38;​smd_tagtype=&#38;​

Here’s a screenshot. (btw: I’m not seeing any hits to these urls in my Google Analytics account)

I just set smd_tags to ‘No’ in my plugins list and I’ll watch it to see if the hits stop. Just wanted to let you know about it in case it is some kind of bug.

Thanks!

Last edited by photonomad (2012-03-29 04:46:27)

#208 2012-03-29 09:19:07

Bloke
Developer
Website

photonomad wrote:

/?​smd_tag=&​smd_tagtype=&​

Thanks for the report. Yeah it’s a bug of sorts. The tag plugin adds that (with correct details filled in) to tag landing pages but in the current v0.40 it also adds empty params to other URLs, including those submitted by zem_contact_reborn, which is a pain. I’ve squashed it (I think) in the next version but I haven’t made the new beta available just yet while I test out a few more things.

Last edited by Bloke (2012-03-29 09:24:42)

#209 2012-03-30 02:54:15

photonomad
Website

Thanks, Bloke! Good to know.

#210 2012-04-01 23:04:03

saccade
Plugin Author

Hi,
I have some difficulties with smd_tags:
First everything seemed to have installed well.
I have four articles with tags and seven different tags, not associated to categories.

But now it seems it is no longer functional:
In admin_side: When choosing a tag in the tag list on the right column and saving the article nothing gets saved (checked: no new entry in the smd_tags_used-table). This is true as well for new tags as for existing tags.
I’m not able to activate any tag in any article.
The landing page does show the four tagged articles.
I also can add new tags.
Weird.
I have no clue what happened. edit maybe I have a clue now: I work on a very new release (3685).
Any hints?

Last edited by saccade (2012-04-01 23:06:35)

Board footer