Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2008-10-17 08:53:47

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: [wiki] Tags Reference

OK cool, I’m up for giving you a hand. I’m going to try one now to see if I can get my head round it, using article as the template and pasting in the content from the old tag page; I’ll start from the bottom with txp_die since nobody uses it ;-)

One thing in category:tag Reference. Why are article and article_custom filed under “A” while the other tags starting with ‘a’ are filed under lower-case “a”?

Last edited by Bloke (2008-10-17 08:54:03)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#26 2008-10-17 09:08:42

Destry
Website

Bloke wrote:

One thing in category:tag Reference. Why are article and article_custom filed under “A” while the other tags starting with ‘a’ are filed under lower-case “a”?

Good catch. That’s because those two pages were created the last time the no-caps config was made, then we undid the config which caused MW to reconvert the “a” to “A”, and now that we made the config again it appears the titles (lowercase) were remembered but not the “A” of the alphabetizing section.

I’ll fix it. I think it’s just a matter of recreating those pages now under the re-implemented no-caps config to retrain MW. :)

Ed. Wait, you still see it that way, because I don’t see it that way. I see just “a” as it should be and all categorized fine. Try clearing by hitting F5, or logging out and back in again.

Last edited by Destry (2008-10-17 09:15:30)

#27 2008-10-17 09:24:53

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Destry wrote:

Wait, you still see it that way, because I don’t see it that way. I see just “a” as it should be and all categorized fine.

Whatever you did (or didn’t do ;-) it’s showing up fine under the lower-case ‘a’ now. Top banana.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#28 2008-10-17 09:56:37

Destry
Website

Destry wrote:

This means you can save a page called “Comments” and “comments” as two different pages. (That happens to be the only case where a tag page has the same spelling as an existing page, so the case-sensitivity is a good thing here.)

It turns out this is not true after all. Links appear to be treated as different, but if you save content in one form of the caps, you will see it in the edit mode of the other link when followed. Bottom line, it’s the same page having two different link labels to it (even though one link appears in red text).

As mentioned, that was the only wiki page where there was a conflict. In this case we’ll use “comments” for the tag page, and “Comments (admin-side)” for the admin-side Comments panel page (but make it appear as “Comments” on the surface).

No harm here. Carry on.

Last edited by Destry (2008-10-17 09:58:21)

#29 2008-10-17 10:17:05

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

I’ve made a start on a few tags. Hope they’re ok. I made a deviation from the bottom-up approach after I’d done the thumbnail tag because the image tag had the same attributes and cried out for some copy n paste action.

Sorry I’m a lot slower than you at it. Newbie syndrome. I haven’t done the subcat/ref thing yet. Gotta look at how it’s done first on a few other tags.

Anyway I’d better go and do some ‘real’ work or my boss might notice; I’ll carry on later (if there’s anything left to do judging by your rampant tearing through the tags…!)

ED: if I’ve made any boo-boos in layout/structure, please let me know so I don’t do it again. Think I’ve caught everything based on your post and scrutinizing the article tag.

ED2: Ah, I see you’re mostly copying content directly over right now and will be editing later. That explains the speed; thought you were some kind of cyborg :-)

Last edited by Bloke (2008-10-17 10:37:16)

#30 2008-10-17 11:30:25

Destry
Website

Bloke,

The pages you edited look fine.

Yep, I’m just getting them in place first so to complete the new Tag Reference Index and edit the wiki navigation.

I’ll work on the subcategories. I hope folks will just help with the in-page editing that needs done — steps 3 and 4

Thanks for your help.

#31 2008-10-17 14:22:27

Destry
Website

All tag pages have been transfered to the top-level category:Tag Reference.

However, in my copy/past process of the cat tag, I pasted a few that are missing the second closing straight bracket on the tag. So if you notice a tag page missing from the new index, and there’s a few, go to the old Alphabetical List, find the new tag page in the list and add the missing bracket. The page will then show up in the new index. I have to log off so I won’t be able to track these down now myself.

Sorry for the boo-boo, and thanks for your help.

#32 2008-10-17 14:46:35

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Destry wrote:

I pasted a few that are missing the second closing straight bracket on the tag.

A few !? !? !? :-)

I’ve gone thru and fixed them all so they now all show up on the cat listing page. Next stop: the content.

One bizarre anomaly in the old alphabetic listing is that css comes after custom field *shrug*. In the new listing by letter it’s in the right order. Must be a case sensitivity issue I guess, but nothing to worry about.

Thanks for doing all the moving Destry. Nice job.

Last edited by Bloke (2008-10-17 14:46:58)

#33 2008-10-17 15:21:15

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

I’ve begun categorising stuff at the bottom of tags so they appear under the sub-categories. So far I’ve done comments, images and conditionals.

One thing before I go mad on this: is the syntax one [[category:Something Tags]] for each category? i.e. for if_comments I’ve added:

[[category:Conditional Tags]] [[category:Comment Tags]]

to the bottom. Just want to make sure there isn’t some wiki shorthand I’m not aware of, like:

[[category:Conditional Tags | Comment Tags | Some other cat...]]

??

Last edited by Bloke (2008-10-17 15:22:20)

#34 2008-10-17 16:03:07

els

Destry wrote:

I hope folks will just help with the in-page editing that needs done — steps 3 and 4

Can I have an account? Don’t expect me to start right away because I have no wiki knowledge at all and will have to figure it out first ;)

#35 2008-10-17 16:12:34

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Els wrote:

Can I have an account?

Ask Patrick. I did via the textpattern.com contact form and he obliged :-)

This wiki lark is pretty easy when you get your head round it. Takes an afternoon of mucking about.

#36 2008-10-17 16:42:06

els

Bloke wrote:

Ask Patrick.

Did so. Thanks.

Board footer