Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#193 2011-08-22 13:32:06

gomedia
Plugin Author

Re: adi_menu – section hierarchy, section menu and breadcrumb trail

mmelon wrote:

yes. edit then it crashes on save without modification.

Sorry, can’t help you.

which level relates to the plugin admin tab? I have allowed access to section but I still get resrticted area. If access to the plugin area is required then that would be a little insecure. Not a huge problem for the time being.

Try the bot_privs support forum

#194 2011-08-22 18:32:47

mark.now
Website

Hi Adi,

maybe this feature already exists, but I have not been able to find out about it ;-)

I am using your menu for a project, and I have a suggestion.

I need a way to not only sort the submenuitems in a certain order, I also would like to say, submenuitem 1-4 belong to a block, submenuitem 5-6 belong to a block et al.

This block is wrapped into a span or something like it.

I need this, because I have made some hovering megamenus. I would like to put he content of these megamenus into boxes.

For example:

Prices

—> new Box > men-shoes > men-jackets > men-trousers

—> new Box > children-shoes > children-jackets > children-etc…

—> New Box > women-shoes > bags > jackets > etc.

Of course I just could assign all these subsections to prices and number them so that they appear in a certain order. Then I could use jQuery to count the items and add a span to each item. But that would be highly unreliable. What if I add an item to men-shoes, eg. > rucksacks for men.

Then the counting this would not work anymore.

Instead, in the adi_menu tab in textpattern-admin, I would like to say, okey this belongs to there and so on.

I want to say that the whole website is working with sections and each section only contains one article.

Greetings Markus

#195 2011-08-22 22:11:43

gomedia
Plugin Author

mark.now wrote:

I need a way to not only sort the submenu items in a certain order, I also would like to say, submenuitem 1-4 belong to a block, submenuitem 5-6 belong to a block et al.

If the submenu items are all articles then something similar to what bg spoke about just before might help – i.e. section-specific article sorting. It’s something I’m currently thinking about. If it’s submenu-specific sorting then, I’d have to ponder some more before answering. If you want to group blocks of submenu items arbitrarily then there’s the sort option in adi_menu admin.

This block is wrapped into a span or something like it. I need this, because I have made some hovering megamenus. I would like to put he content of these megamenus into boxes.

adi_menu generates <ul>/<li> lists, so submenus (or parts thereof) themselves can’t be wrapped in spans. There’re plenty of class & ID hooks available to hang your styling off, so if you could arrange the sections logically (& semantically?) into groups then there’s possibilities.

#196 2011-08-23 02:39:31

gomedia
Plugin Author

Section-specific article sorting is available for play in beta version 1.2. The article_sort attribute has been enhanced:

• article_sort="section1:title" - default sort “Posted desc”, articles in section1 sorted by “title”
  • article_sort="title;section2:posted desc" - default sort “title”, articles in section2 sorted by “Posted desc”
  • article_sort=";section1:posted desc;section2:custom_5" - default sort is database order, articles in section1 sorted by “Posted desc” & section2 articles sorted by custom field

I anyone wants to give it a go, please let me know how you get on.

#197 2011-09-20 12:57:12

mark.now
Website

Hi Adi,

thanks for above. I have solved the problem by avoiding it alltogether. ;-) No solution though, but also no problem anymore. too

However, I have another riddle to solve and I am really scratching my head on this.

I need to find out the current menu level of the currently shown article.

I want to do this:

If I am on the second level show:

<txp:adi_menu sub_menu_level=‘2’ include_children=‘0’ />

When I am on 3rd level show:

<txp:adi_menu sub_menu_level=‘3’ include_children=‘0’ />

Where can I extract the current level?

I have put above txp in a form, which is called on every article. I am still on adi_menu 0.12 because I have made some changes.

Greetings and thanks again for the good work you do

Markus

#198 2011-09-22 21:58:34

gomedia
Plugin Author

mark.now wrote:

I need to find out the current menu level of the currently shown article.

Wouldn’t he presence of the menu markup indicate the level? I’m not sure why you’d need to know?

For example, <txp:adi_menu sub_menu_level="2" include_children="0" /> will only generate output if there is a second level section configured for the current section context.

#199 2011-09-23 16:44:24

mark.now
Website

Thanks, after some more scratching of my had I have figured out that I had a thinking loop and came to the same solution you have told me. Thanks. Sometimes I figure, I think around too many corners.

Greetings Markus

#200 2011-12-12 01:55:01

renobird
Website

Hey Adi,

All my articles that have an ampersand in the title are being output with the character entity (i.e. &amp;).

An article title Board Members & Staff becomes Board Members &amp; Staff.

Any quick fix for this?

#201 2011-12-12 02:01:22

gomedia
Plugin Author

renobird wrote:

All my articles that have an ampersand in the title are being output with the character entity (i.e. &amp;).

Hi Tom. This was a problem in the old days with section titles but should’ve been fixed. What version are you using? I’ll need do some investigation.

#202 2011-12-12 02:04:22

renobird
Website

Hi Adi,

I’m using 1.1

Section titles with ampersands appear to be working fine — just article titles.

Thanks for checking into it.

:)

#203 2011-12-12 02:47:21

tye
Website

As a quick fix – could you use Rah Replace to wrap round the title tag?

#204 2011-12-12 02:52:45

renobird
Website

Thanks tye, good call.

T

Board footer