Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#181 2011-08-17 06:32:14

gomedia
Plugin Author

Re: adi_menu – section hierarchy, section menu and breadcrumb trail

Teemu wrote:

Could this be a bug, or am I doing something fundamentally wrong?

It’s a bug – have a go with 1.1.1beta

#182 2011-08-17 12:46:24

bg
Website

Thanks, Adi…

The articles in the specific section are already “positioned” (in a sense) by posted date order, which won’t change unless someone deliberately changes the original posted date. But I’d rather not change to a different plugin that would need to be adjusted every time a new article or section is added to the site. I need to be able to walk away from this at some point and leave the content to the client and the automagic presentation to Textpattern.

Here’s a question for you (just thinking out loud here) … can adi_menu be used within adi_menu (tags within tags)? Or what about placing something like smd_if inside the adi_menu tag? Not sure how I’d write that yet… just asking whether you think it’d break the result.

Thanks again for your help!

Last edited by bg (2011-08-17 12:47:04)

— Bob

#183 2011-08-17 13:36:34

gomedia
Plugin Author

bg wrote:

… I need to be able to walk away from this at some point and leave the content to the client and the automagic presentation to Textpattern.

Yep, I understand.

Here’s a question for you (just thinking out loud here) … can adi_menu be used within adi_menu (tags within tags)?

No.

Or what about placing something like smd_if inside the adi_menu tag?

Nope, that wouldn’t work either.

What’s required is a mod to adi_menu – need to think about the best way of feeding in the section-specific article sort info.

#184 2011-08-17 14:10:35

bg
Website

Okay, that’s about what I expected to hear! Had to ask, just to be certain, though.

Thanks for the quick reply, Adi. I’ll just make the folks understand “that’s how it is.” If you figure out something else, I can surprise them with an upgrade and look like a genius. ;)

— Bob

#185 2011-08-18 20:49:23

mmelon

Hi,

I wanted to edit this plugin to exclude a list of sections from the admin table based on their names. I hit edit and made the changes and on hitting save I got a white screen. I assumed it was my PHP. On further investigation, if you try and hit edit > save without making any changes, you get the same white screen. Does anyone know why this is?

Thanks,
Mike

#186 2011-08-18 21:30:13

gomedia
Plugin Author

mmelon wrote:

I wanted to edit this plugin to exclude a list of sections from the admin table based on their names. I hit edit and made the changes and on hitting save I got a white screen. I assumed it was my PHP. On further investigation, if you try and hit edit > save without making any changes, you get the same white screen. Does anyone know why this is?

Hi Mike. Never seen that one before. Which version of TXP & which version of adi_menu are you using? If you do a “View/show source” on the white screen is there anything there? Has the plugin been modified?

#187 2011-08-19 07:08:32

mmelon

Hi Adi,

It’s a weird one. I’m on 4.4.1 and it’s the same with adi_menu 1.1 and 1.11 beta. When I hit edit then save I get a blank white screen with empty source. I’m thinking I have a plugin conflict somewhere. I’ll try disabling some to idenitfy the culprit.

edit update it does the same when it is the only active plugin

Thanks for getting back to me.
Mike

Last edited by mmelon (2011-08-19 07:44:43)

#188 2011-08-20 13:27:13

mmelon

I have another quick question if I may,

does anybody know how I might allow lower user roles to access ?event=adi_menu_admin

I am trying to get staff writers access to their navigation without having power to mess with plugins in general.

Mike

#189 2011-08-21 21:32:49

gomedia
Plugin Author

mmelon wrote:

It’s a weird one. I’m on 4.4.1 and it’s the same with adi_menu 1.1 and 1.11 beta. When I hit edit then save I get a blank white screen with empty source. I’m thinking I have a plugin conflict somewhere. I’ll try disabling some to idenitfy the culprit.

Still trying to understand what you’re doing. Are you editing the plugin code?

#190 2011-08-21 21:33:59

gomedia
Plugin Author

mmelon wrote:

does anybody know how I might allow lower user roles to access ?event=adi_menu_admin

bot_privs

#191 2011-08-22 09:04:13

mmelon

gomedia wrote:

mmelon wrote:

Still trying to understand what you’re doing. Are you editing the plugin code?

yes. edit then it crashes on save without modification.

#192 2011-08-22 09:07:17

mmelon

gomedia wrote:

mmelon wrote:

bot_privs

which level relates to the plugin admin tab? I have allowed access to section but I still get resrticted area. If access to the plugin area is required then that would be a little insecure. Not a huge problem for the time being.

thanks,
Mike

Board footer