Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#97 2006-11-15 15:19:33

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] zem_link

The only thing I don’t like about permlink is that it always puts title attribute “Permanent Link to this Article” on every link. This is okay for a blog, but for pro sites it’s just enough to grate on my perfectionist nerve. If there was some way to turn this off, I wouldn’t need zemlink.

Er, you can: it can be used as a single tag, rather than wrapping, and that outputs just the url, so you can build the link however you like.

#98 2007-05-10 00:54:22

Logoleptic
Plugin Author

I notice that the plugin is now called wet_link. If I install 0.7, do I need to replace all the instances of <txp:zem_link /> in my site?

#99 2007-05-10 05:07:32

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

No, wet_link processes zem_link tags as well. I just renamed the plugin as I realized that while I intended to offer just a fix for it which would work for TXP 4.0, it started to deviate more and more from the original version. So this renaming would hopefully end all confusion.

wet_link’s thread is here.

#100 2010-04-09 03:40:57

laptophobo
Website

Hello Zem,

I’m not sure if your zem_link plug-in will fix my problem. Here’s my problem.
I’ve elected to not use the default TXP navigation tree. Instead, I’m using my own. I’ve figured out how to hyperlink to a “Page” on my site. Example: <a href=”<txp:site_url />about/”>About Us</a>

But when I try to link to a specific Article (replacing the Page name witht the “URL-only title”, such as this:
<a href=”<txp:site_url />our-history/”>Our History</a> OR <a href=”<txp:site_url />about/our-history/”>Our History</a>
the page does not come up. That said, how does one create hyperlinks to articles?

Thank you much for your time and work.

(

Last edited by laptophobo (2010-04-09 03:42:00)

Living the Location-Independent Life: www.NuNomad.com

#101 2010-04-09 11:16:06

els

laptophobo

First: plugins that have [ORPHAN] in their subject title are not maintained by their author anymore. The support threads are still open because it’s possible that other plugin users can anwer support questions.

Second: you don’t need a plugin for what you want to do. Your code (without the closing slashes) should work, if it matches your permanent link mode setting (in Admin > Preferences). There is a better way though:

<a href="<txp:permlink id="123" />">Our History</a>

where "123" is the ID of your ‘Our History’ article of course.

<txp:permlink /> will always display the URL matching your permanent link mode, so if that is set to /title it will give you http://site.com/our-history and if it is set to /section/title it will be http://site.com/about/our-history.

Board footer