Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#85 2010-11-05 09:00:12

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: smd_where_used: help keep your admin side tidy

smd_where_used v0.30 is out. For TXP 4.3.0 or higher only.

The only new feature is the ability to search inside Stylesheets. The other stuff I mentioned above will be along in a future version as I haven’t had a chance to look at it yet.

Last edited by Bloke (2010-11-05 09:02:13)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#86 2010-11-05 15:02:29

mrdale
Website

Thanks mate. This one is in my standard suite, so searching stylesheets is just swimming.

Idea: If you wanted to turn this into the be all and end all (and spent countless hours donating even more of your time to the community), you add a replace function. ;)

[mrdale slowly backs away]

#87 2011-03-23 17:29:43

johnstephens
Plugin Author
Website

This might be a complicated RegEx question. Can I use where_used to find all txp:article tags that are used as a container?

#88 2011-03-23 20:58:12

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

johnstephens wrote:

Can I use where_used to find all txp:article tags that are used as a container?

Sadly it doesn’t do regexes yet. Nor wildcards. Both are planned at some unspecified juncture.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#89 2011-03-23 21:14:15

johnstephens
Plugin Author
Website

Cool, thanks!

#90 2011-03-23 21:46:43

els

johnstephens wrote:

Can I use where_used to find all txp:article tags that are used as a container?

Couldn’t you just search for </txp:article>?

#91 2011-03-23 22:05:21

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

Els wrote:

Couldn’t you just search for </txp:article>?

Funny how we never think of the simple solution!

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#92 2011-03-24 00:53:22

johnstephens
Plugin Author
Website

Els, you are the mirror that shows a normal man that he is a clown. Thank you!

#93 2011-03-24 12:07:22

merz1
Website

Stef, does it make sense to add a filter ‘closing tags’?

Last edited by merz1 (2011-03-24 12:07:40)

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#94 2011-07-10 17:07:12

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

I’m considering adding ‘search/replace’ functionality to this plugin — and give the ability to resave articles for those that want to regenerate the HTML en-masse from Textiled markup — but I want it to work in a specific way. My ideas are here and here (not set in stone).

I’m a bit stuck on how to factor this into the interface workflow though. Please, if anybody has any thoughts on this, design ideas, mockups, stuff like that, feel free to post/send me anything you have. The answer’s probably reasonably simple but it’ll require a GUI guru to point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Last edited by Bloke (2011-07-10 17:22:21)

#95 2011-07-10 19:25:34

stephan
Plugin Author
Website

Hi Bloke,

when I toyed around with Movable Type search & replace was actually one of the features I really liked. In case you have never seen their UI, here is a quick intro:

This is the standard search mask. It is pretty straight forward and allows you to define the content type in which to look and also date ranges and regex.

Once you have performed the search you are able to replace the search string in one or more of the hits:

Maybe this serves as some kind of inspiration.

Yoko for Textpattern – A free blog themeMinimum Theme – If all you want to do is write.
Note: I am currently not actively using Textpattern, so I am not in the forums very often

#96 2011-07-10 19:46:00

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Thanks stephan. That sorta looks like the direction I was considering. I’d need to simplify it a bit since the search is ‘global’ and results are in columns spanning content types. So I’d probably try and strip it down to this:

1. initially, the interface appears pretty much as you see it today on tab load
  2. search for something / orphan with associated attributes (regex, exact, include, blah blah)
  3. results appear with checkboxes next to each matching item
  4. new widget row also appears below / alongside the Search results heading with ‘Actions…’ dropdown (last action remembered) and a ‘Go’ button. The actions I can currently think of are:
    1. replace
    2. delete
    3. re-save (articles only)
  5. depending on chosen action, a further input box may appear alongside the dropdown if you choose ‘replace’ (in all other cases, there is no additional input box to reduce screen clutter)
  6. when you click ‘Go’, your chosen action is applied to all checked resources in the result set and you are returned to the original search screen to perform your next find operation

Not sure if that workflow is ideal, but that was my first stab. I’d look to finding some way of making multiple checkbox selections simple — like TXP’s multi-edit facility (but perhaps not as feature rich, as I’m not sure how I’d squeeze it in). My opening gambit was simply a select all/none toggle facility if you clicked the heading in one of the columns.

If anyone has any improvements or ideas, please share them.

Last edited by Bloke (2011-07-10 19:49:34)

Board footer