Textpattern Forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#11 2008-06-16 17:41:03

Bloke
Developer
Website

Re: smd_where_used: help keep your admin side tidy

@uli :-)

I have no idea what it involves adding it to a dashboard. I’ve never installed such a beast. Can you list or direct me to one or two others that are popular and perhaps give me an idea where this thing might be located on the page please? It takes up quite a bit of space so I’m not sure if it’d fit. Might have to be a popup/lightbox affair which kind of adds a load of extra gubbins to the codebase. But if it’s useful I’ll see what I can do.

Let me go eat some dinner and ponder it over. I’ll also give zanza’s request some thought but it crossed my mind as I was coding v0.1 so I made sure it was fairly extensible in terms of how it performs the queries; should be pretty simple.

Last edited by Bloke (2008-06-16 17:41:35)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#12 2008-06-16 18:26:13

Els
Admin
Website

Oh, I’ve been wishing for something like this for ages! Now I can finally do some serious housekeeping…
I’ll let you know how many forms I was able to delete ;)

<txp:Els /> ;)
Tag Reference | Unexpected behaviour? Check the tag trace | Still no clue? Check the names of your custom fields

#13 2008-06-16 19:18:40

Bloke
Developer
Website

v0.13 | gzipped

Adds the ability to match whole words (or not if you feel so inclined).

Is there an award for “most versions of a plugin in one afternoon” :-D

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern.

#14 2008-06-16 19:30:01

uli

Zanza wrote:

If I search for ‘home’, it also catch all the derivatives. Can an option be added to search only for the string as a single word, or as a part of longer word?

I join zanza in this one, this will be vey useful. (DANG! Again you release a new version while I’m typing yet :)

Regarding dashboard: Sorry, I didn’t want to demand a great deal of you, thought it’d be done by adding something like register_tab('extensions', 'rendez_wu', 'jmd_dashboard'); And: yes, it really can eat space!

I’ve found something I’m not quite sure of if it’s intended or not, I’ve tried out too little so far: I filled in the name of one of my forms (p_navi_links), and it returns “Default” for both, include and exclude. Sorry, my fault. Default has several instances, on sections, pages, and forms.

Last edited by uli (2008-06-16 19:38:09)

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#15 2008-06-16 19:52:01

Bloke
Developer
Website

uli wrote:

Regarding dashboard… thought it’d be done by adding something like register_tab('extensions', 'rendez_wu', 'jmd_dashboard');

*shrug* maybe. I don’t know how dashboards work as I’ve never installed one. Do they have their own admin area or something then? I suppose I should start by finding out what a dashboard is in this context and perhaps trying one out :-)

Glad you found the ‘section’ thing — had me confused for a bit there ;-)

#16 2008-06-16 19:55:47

masa

Very, very fine effort,… and that’s an understatement.

Thanks Stef! :-)

#17 2008-06-16 20:27:48

Bloke
Developer
Website

masa wrote:

Very, very fine effort,… and that’s an understatement. Thanks Stef! :-)

You’re very welcome. I was just updating a sprawling mess of a site this morning, flitting back and forth between pages and forms and plugins and getting in a right mess, then thought “y’know, a little search plugin might just help”. A couple of hours later I’d thrown this together (hence the higgledy piggledy layout; really gotta get some CSS in there to line stuff up better!)

If you find anything odd or can think of any enhancements, feel free to let me know.

And big thanks to all who have contributed so far today. Wouldn’t be here without ya.

Last edited by Bloke (2008-06-16 20:28:12)

#18 2008-06-16 20:46:14

sthmtc
Website

sounds great, bookmarked for future reference. however, i guess in my soon to come workflow this will be obsolote thanks to textmates built-in “find in project” :)

#19 2008-06-16 20:56:19

Bloke
Developer
Website

sthmtc wrote:

this will be obsolote thanks to textmates built-in “find in project” :)

Hehehe, for those that use Macs and Christian’s awesome plugin for versioning, or have a logical brain with a healthy sense of style, layout, design and a good plan, this plugin is already obsolete :-D

#20 2008-06-16 21:32:20

merz1
Website

Subscribed Another one in my list of ‘favorites still to be tested’ :)

No, I am very disciplined compared to Stefs scenario above. I do delete or disable plugins and forms if I don’t use them anymore. I even try out semantic names cutting my form editor down to the minimum this way :) But the list is growing nevertheless…

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

Board footer