Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2009-09-30 19:11:32

juanjonavarro
Plugin Author
Website

Re: jnm_feed_custom_item

MattD wrote:

Can anyone confirm that this works in 4.2? what’s the easiest way to confirm it’s working?

Yes, it works. :)

#26 2009-10-05 23:03:24

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

Never mind, now I see it’s the issue described earlier

Last edited by MattD (2009-10-05 23:06:30)

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#27 2010-01-08 10:07:29

khorramirad
Website

well, thanks for the plugin. It works fine when I use this:

<txp:body/>
<br />
<p>Category: <txp:category1 title=“1” link=“1” /> | Keywords: <txp:tru_tags_from_article /></p>

then, I was thinking about adding my related articles to the end of feed:

<br />
<p>Category: <txp:category1 title=“1” link=“1” /> | Keywords: <txp:tru_tags_from_article /></p>
<p>Related Articles: <ul> <txp:chh_related_articles relation=“keywords” limit=“5” form=“nwrelated” section=“article” /> </ul>
</p>

but, it didn’t work. my titles are ok, but the rest of the feed (body, and extras) are all my last post’s.
I’ve changed the form to this:

<br />
<p>Whatever: <ul> <txp:article_custom limit=“5” form=“nwrelated” section=“article” /> </ul>
</p>

and… guess what? problem remains!
so, chh_related_articles is not the problem.
I’ve changed my feed customization solution to tru_tags feed customization feature, and… PROBLEM REMAINS!

well, have any ideas?

#28 2010-01-08 10:25:30

juanjonavarro
Plugin Author
Website

I think the problem is related with the fact that textpattern process feeds using atom.php and rss.php (in textpattern/publish/) and some processing required by these plugins is missing (is done when you visit the site but not in the feed processing).

To achieve completely customizable fees, you can create a section for your feed, as described here

#29 2010-01-08 11:32:24

merz1
Website

[OT: tru_tags] In my tru_tags_feed_tags form, which adds content to the feed, I use the following code to show related articles by categories:

<h4>Verwandte Artikel nach Kategorie(n): <txp:category1 title="1" link="1" /> <txp:category2 title="1" link="1" /></h4>
<txp:chh_if_data><txp:related_articles break="li" wraptag="ul" limit="5" /><txp:else /><p>Keine verwandten Artikel vorhanden.</p></txp:chh_if_data>

Check out the tag & the attributes for txp:related_articles!

Note: To remain on topic … If the thread continues to discuss the tru_tags feature pls. head over to the tru_tags thread.

Last edited by merz1 (2010-01-08 11:36:14)

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#30 2010-01-09 11:08:02

khorramirad
Website

Thanks Juanjo, Thanks Markus.
I was about to use a form in txp:article_custom and txp:chh_related_articles. problem resolved by using those tags without forms.

Board footer