Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2008-05-21 16:59:48

reid
Website

Re: Who wants to take over txp-templates.com?

hcgtv wrote: What we lack is a consensus or a guideline for making and providing templates.

I understand what you’re saying (particularly with regards to future integration), but I would also argue that your implementation has become the standard. I certainly use it every time I deploy a site.

Last edited by reid (2008-05-21 17:00:07)

TextPattern user since 04/04/04

#14 2008-05-21 17:13:49

6sigma
Website

As a long-time Textpattern user (not developer or designer) I learn from templates and themes. To that end I’m all for a merging of the themes/templates from textplates.com, textgarden.org and txpide.com into txp-templates.com. Let’s get a single repository for all the themes that have been created for Textpattern users.

It seems there might be three issues here:

• Is a theme compliant with the requirements of the hgc_templates plugin? A good housekeeping seal of approval might indicate the answer in any listing.
  • Will theme-related code be added or adapted for Textpattern’s core code? Developers may have already answered this.
  • What are the specs/requirements that must be met to qualify future themes for addition to the txp-templates.com site? There are many sub-topics related to this question, but it is a valid set of deliberations for us to go through while promoting Textpattern to a broad selection of new users, developers and designers.

My $0.02 plus your $3.98 buys coffee at Fourbucks!

“Well, I, uh, don’t think it’s quite fair to condemn a whole program because of a single slip-up, sir.” General ‘Buck’ Turgidson

#15 2008-05-21 18:35:05

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

Well, one reason for my interest in the site in question is to learn how themes could work. mapu has built his templates around mcw_templates, so I think it won’t be a long step towards hgc_templates.

#16 2008-05-21 18:48:50

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

wet wrote:

Well, one reason for my interest in the site in question is to learn how themes could work.

Promising.

#17 2008-05-22 16:45:24

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Mmmmm.

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#18 2008-05-22 18:34:22

6sigma
Website

So…did anyone actually agree to…

1. take over the txp-templates.com site?
  2. merge other Txp theme listings into txp-templates.com?
  3. tag themes as “hgc-template compliant or not” in the listing at txp-templates.com?

Just curious

“Well, I, uh, don’t think it’s quite fair to condemn a whole program because of a single slip-up, sir.” General ‘Buck’ Turgidson

#19 2008-05-22 19:13:37

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

6sigma wrote:

So…did anyone actually agree to…

take over the txp-templates.com site?

That would be me.

merge other Txp theme listings into txp-templates.com?

That depends on the template authors, I think. With all due respect for template authors, I cannot drag somebody in.

tag themes as “hgc-template compliant or not” in the listing at txp-templates.com?

Given my (limited but existant) positive experience with mcw_templates and the knowledge that hgc_templates expands on it, I’d rather specify the compliance with these methods as a prerequisite for a listing. This is still a preliminary opion, but I’ll aim there.

#20 2008-05-22 20:18:10

6sigma
Website

wet wrote

I’d rather specify the compliance with these methods as a prerequisite for a listing.

Even better! I hope to actually learn the difference between a “compliant” theme and a “non-compliant” theme with an eye toward helping others bring their templates into the fold.

Thanks for your work!

#21 2008-05-22 20:25:06

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

Where can one get more information on hgc_templates hcg_templates? Google and Textpattern.org were no help.

I found it here

Last edited by MattD (2008-05-22 20:38:50)

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#22 2008-05-22 21:33:49

els

#23 2008-05-28 16:42:22

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

Are images used in the template handled by hcg_templates? (couldn’t find a support thread for this plugin)

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#24 2008-05-29 16:17:09

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I can’t remember if there is a support thread here but if you go back to where you downloaded it you will find that Bert has his own forum and there should be a link available.

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

Board footer