Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2008-05-28 03:37:40

jm
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Reassuring updates on the development version!

See this thread – they’re template variables.

<txp:rsd/> just returns a link element used for XML-RPC.

Last edited by jm (2008-05-28 03:38:11)

#14 2008-06-02 02:16:56

Logoleptic
Plugin Author

Wow, there’s some great stuff in there. I’m still most excited about nested tag parsing, because I’ve found myself using asy_wondertag a lot lately. Having article and article_custom act as container tags makes a lot of sense, though. Powerful as forms can be, sometimes they seem like overkill. Well done all around. :-)

Any clue what this version will mean in terms of plugin compatibility yet? What about a release timeframe?

#15 2008-06-02 02:59:58

jm
Plugin Author
Website

Any clue what this version will mean in terms of plugin compatibility yet?

I’m pretty sure there aren’t any backwards-incompatible changes. I haven’t run into any problems running and developing plugins on svn.

#16 2008-06-02 07:59:19

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Once again, ruud demonstrates he is psychic. Yesterday I wanted to add a multi_edit form to the plugin I’m developing but it didn’t work as expected. Looked thru the core and found the reason: it checks to see if it’s on the article list page before calling poweredit.

I mused “wouldn’t it be more useful if it didn’t check for that so it can be used on any tab” and — SHAZZAM — ruud commits the image tab mod which includes exactly that functionality.

/me bows head in appreciation.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

Board footer