Textpattern Forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#921 2012-05-02 05:10:45

Zubanoid

Re: smd_gallery: super-flexible gallery generator

Basically, what I’m after is a simple image fader to dissolve from one image to another.

The story is that I inherited the site from another company and my client didn’t want anything to do with them anymore. Which is a problem because the previous company built the original slideshow using a Flash plugin from slideshowpro.net and I don’t have the credentials to login and change the images. I’m not a fan of having Flash slideshows anyway, why would you bother when JavaScript does it better with no need for a browser plugin… anyway. I’m a kind of “web designer” who dabbles in coding so I get a bit lost with you guys who actually know what you are doing!

I think though that Bloke is on the right track that jQuery is running also and is causing conflicts. But Bloke, you lost me with how to actually use that noConflict thing!??

Here is an example of what I want it to look like:
http://www.electricprism.com/aeron/slideshow/example1.html

I guess there is an obvious problem I have that I’m using someone else’s methods and I have no idea what they have done and don’t want to call them to ask (they charged the client a lot of money for a 10 min phone call from me….)

Thanks for all your help everyone by the way :)

Bill

#922 2012-05-02 07:32:06

jakob
Website

Hi Bill,

if you just want an image fader and want to avoid any conflicts between jquery and mootools, you could try my earlier suggestion (see also colak’s tutorial) for a much leaner overall setup. You won’t need mootools at all for that, which removes any possible conflict problems.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#923 2012-05-11 03:10:25

Zubanoid

Greetings, me again….

One last effort to get this to work…. I tried the txptips that was <a href=“http://txptips.com/simple-image-slideshow-using-jquery-and-native-txp-tags”>posted</a> but to no avail. I followed the instructions carefully but still no joy. There is an error that says $cycle is not a function.

Can I ask one last time how I can get this to work? If I can’t get it going I’m giving up on it. I also plan to rebuild the site myself later.

Bill

#924 2012-05-11 03:11:23

Zubanoid

oh, the url is: http://www.linesinthesand.com.au/

Sorry about the html, I thought I could put it in and it gets converted automatically…..

#925 2012-05-11 04:12:03

colak
Admin
Website

Hi

Your slide show needs to be in a div with class="slideshow". Also you are not calling an image category (or you just have one image in that category). Can you post the code you are using?

Yiannis
——————————
neme.org | neme-imca.org | hblack.net | LABS

#926 2012-11-12 15:12:07

miles

Possibly my favourite Textpattern plugin!

Hope someone can quickly help me. I want to simply have a page of “albums” then when the user clicks on an album all the thumbnails show for that album on the page.

How is this done in smd_gallery?

#927 2013-08-21 10:07:41

M_i

All I want to do is count the number of article images attached to an article (and output that number in a way that I can do some PHP math with it) – is that possible with this plugin?

I’m currently using your excellent smd_slimbox for my galleries, displaying the article images for each article, so the notation of the image IDs for the article images uses the same format (usually a combination of ranges and comma separated lists).

#928 2013-08-21 19:43:51

Bloke
Developer
Website

M_i wrote:

All I want to do is count the number of article images attached to an article (and output that number in a way that I can do some PHP math with it) – is that possible with this plugin?

Absolutely:

<txp:smd_gallery id="?article_image" limit="1">{maximages}</txp:smd_gallery>

The limit just stops the value of the maximum number of images from being displayed more than once. If you assigned this to a txp:variable you could do maths on it in PHP, or you could use the excellent adi_calc to help do some maths in a less geeky manner than reverting to PHP.

Also note, btw, that the value of {maximages} takes ranges into account and only counts images that exist. So if your list of article image IDs contained some images that had been deleted or there were bogus numbers in there, the plugin doesn’t care.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Bloke (2013-08-21 19:46:29)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#929 2013-08-23 08:29:48

M_i

Bloke wrote:

The limit just stops the value of the maximum number of images from being displayed more than once.

Ah! I was mucking about with {totalimages} instead of {maximages} and couldn’t figure out how to get the number just once. So simple!

Bloke wrote:

Hope that helps.

It does indeed! Thank you very much!

#930 2013-11-12 21:02:27

robew

I’ve searched this forum but didn’t find my issue – if I missed it please point me to it.

The problem I’ve run into has to do with the difference in behavior between “limit” and “thumblimit” attributes of the smd_gallery tag.

I’m trying to display a limited list of thumbnails with next and prev navigation. When viewing the full sized images (using smd_slimbox) referred to hereafter as “the lightbox”. I want the prev/next navigation to display images beyond what are shown in the thumbnail list, e.g. there are 8 images in the gallery, the thumbnail list shows 5 at a time, when viewing image 5 in the lightbox clicking “next” will display image 6 and so on until image 8.

To get the prev/next navigation with the thumbnails I have to use “limit”, that properly restricts the number of thumbnail images as well, it also restricts the lightbox to only navigate the images shown in the thumbnail list and not the entire gallery.

To be able to lightbox the entire gallery while limiting the number of thumbnails I can use “thumblimit”, but this won’t display prev/next links with the thumbnail list.

Any help is appreciated.

Board footer