Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#469 2010-06-20 09:09:19

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Re: yab_shop (simple textpattern shop with paypal support)

there are both blink, what does timezone_key mean?

timezone_key is a Textpattern internal preference variable. And I’ve no idea where this variable is included in the mysql query.

i may have changed something i shouldnt have and thats why im getting the error.

Probably, but I dunno what you could have changed.

You could test the following: Please fill out the

»Extensions->Yab_Shop Preferences->custom field property 2«
and
»Extensions->Yab_Shop Preferences->custom field property 3«,

for instance with »color« and »variant«. Then test it anew. And if an error appears please post it.

#470 2010-06-20 14:43:05

Nathanael_mc

Tag error: <txp:yab_shop_add /> -> Textpattern Warning: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘as property_2, as property_3 from textpattern where ID = 2’ at line 1
select custom_2 as property_1, as property_2, as property_3 from textpattern where ID = 2 on line 85

this is what i got when i entered in color and variant into the custom fields.

#471 2010-06-21 09:50:19

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Hm,

do you ever changed the code in a way? And what is the result if you fill out the
»Admin->Preferences->Advanced->Customfields« with the additional product properties »color« and »variant« (even if you don’t use it) too?

#472 2010-06-22 07:41:54

Nathanael_mc

i get the same message,

In the plugins section under admin it says that the yab shop admin has been modified, now i dont think i modified this (there is someone else working on the website who may have done). is it possible to uninstall the plugin then reinstall it with out lossing any of my coding??

#473 2010-06-22 10:48:00

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Hi Nathanael,

In the plugins section under admin it says that the yab shop admin has been modified, now i dont think i modified this (there is someone else working on the website who may have done).

That’s not good if someone is able to modify your site without knowing what he/she is doing. And it’s not a good base to start a shop, definitvly.

is it possible to uninstall the plugin then reinstall it with out lossing any of my coding??

Yes! The plugin is completly independent from other plugins and/or Textpattern core. Simply install the plugin anew! Your preferences and html codings will not be touched.

#474 2010-06-22 10:50:32

Nathanael_mc

thanks ive reinstalled the plugin but it has changed anything, i have looked around and i am lead to believe that MySQL sever has nothing to do with me. (i Hope) it is to do with the people who are hosting my website correct?? could the problem be at their side??

#475 2010-06-22 10:55:38

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

What exactly has changed? Does the yab_shop is working now?

#476 2010-06-22 11:47:49

JanDW
Plugin Author
Website

Hi trenc – I was wondering if you have some advice for the problems I’ve previously mentioned?

TXPDream – A Textpattern Tag Library for Adobe Dreamweaver. (updated for 4.2.0) | jdw_if_ajax – Only serve certain parts of a page when requested with AJAX

#477 2010-06-22 11:55:12

Nathanael_mc

oppps meant nothing has changed. the strange thing is that when yab_shop_add is in the form it throws up the error but when its not written in the form then there is no error message, only problem with that is you cant add anything to your cart then.

#478 2010-06-22 13:41:18

Nathanael_mc

hey thanks for all your help trenc, ive finally figured it out and got it too work just a small little thing, im ready to shoot myself cus of my stupidity! thanks very much really appreciate the help.

#479 2010-06-22 19:37:17

Nathanael_mc

sorry to bother you again,

im setting up a website selling essential oils in the UK, so i have 10ml, 50ml, 100ml and 1000ml bottles. so i need to add a delivery charge per bottle eg: if one 10ml bottle cost £2 to send then 5 10ml bottles cost £10 to send, how do i do this? also i need the price of delivery to change automaticaly eg: 10ml cost £2 and 1000ml costs £5 etc. how do i do this??

thanks

#480 2010-06-24 10:35:40

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Hi JanDW

Hi trenc – I was wondering if you have some advice for the problems I’ve previously mentioned?

I’ve read your and hidalgos posts, but I don’t have the slightest idea (what Paypal is doing there).
Additionally I’m wondering whether the forwarded data ever filled out in the Paypal form, can’t remember that. All I can say is: The plugin code has not changed and the Paypal HTML variables for prepopulation even so. Sorry, no idea!

Board footer