Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#445 2010-04-17 14:29:01

Ldx

Re: yab_shop (simple textpattern shop with paypal support)

Thanks to you, trenc! :-)

#446 2010-04-18 12:02:56

THE BLUE DRAGON
Website

After clicking on “Add to cart” it refresh the page and scroll to the added item form by using an anchor
(http://www.domain.com/shop#yab-shop-form-60)
How can I change it to do not scroll to the added item form and only refresh the page please?

EDIT:
Ok found it in the core code I just changed this line by removing the anchor from it:
'form', ' method="post" action="'.$purl.'#yab-shop-form-'.$id.'" id="yab-shop-form-'.$id.'"'

Last edited by THE BLUE DRAGON (2010-04-18 12:13:36)

#447 2010-04-18 15:16:26

fk

coming back here after a minor textpattern hiatus, i first want to express how happy i am that this plugin is alive and (very) well – thanks trenc and all other contributors for all your work! i just upgraded from v0.5 to the current v0.8, and everything went fine, just as described in the plugin-/upgrade-instructions.

i ran into a minor issue though, and wanted to let you know about how to fix it:
if i changed the quantity of items of a product (or deleted it completely) on the checkout-page, the table displayed as part of <txp:yab_shop_checkout /> wouldn’t get updated correctly upon the next page load (but <txp:yab_shop_cart /> would correctly display the changed values).

this problem has been reported before in this thread, and trencs advice is to disable “sent last-modified header” in the textpattern preferences – which sadly wouldn’t work for me, either.

i looked at my checkout-page-source again and then it all made sense:
simply make sure to place <txp:yab_shop_cart /> before <txp:yab_shop_checkout />, and everything will work just fine (in my case, even with re-enabling the sending of the “last-modified header”).

#448 2010-04-19 01:16:11

Kjeld
Website

Feature Request

Trenc, it would be nice if in the Yab_Shop Preferences admin, a user could adjust the number of options to display in the drop-down list of <txp:yab_shop_price />

Currently the output is:

<select name="size" id="select-size-1">

With this option, the output could for example be:

<select name="size" id="select-size-1" size="5">

In this sample, size is set to 5. You would adjust this number in the Yab_Shop Preferences admin.

In this way you could make it easier for a customer to see all available price options in one go.

Old Photos of Japan – Japan in the 1850s~1960s (100% txp)
MeijiShowa – Stock photos of Japan in the 1850s~1960s (100% txp)
JapaneseStreets.com – Japanese street fashion (mostly txp)

#449 2010-04-23 21:50:59

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Hi Kjeld,

i’ve noted it to my roadmap. Thanks for suggestion!

#450 2010-04-24 11:04:38

Ldx

One more message just to thank again trenc for his excellent work.
This plugin is simple and straightforward, and very well designed with extensive use of CSS for visual flexibility.

Keep up the good work, trenc. :-)

#451 2010-04-24 14:17:33

Kjeld
Website

Thank YOU, Trenc, for this amazing plugin. I am really looking forward to the next version update!

Old Photos of Japan – Japan in the 1850s~1960s (100% txp)
MeijiShowa – Stock photos of Japan in the 1850s~1960s (100% txp)
JapaneseStreets.com – Japanese street fashion (mostly txp)

#452 2010-05-08 19:00:23

JanDW
Plugin Author
Website

Hi Trenc – I’ve finally gotten round to testing your plugin, and i’m quite enjoying the experience. Nice work – certainly a valuable addition to my uses of txp! But hey, like all bastards who first compliment you, I actually have a couple of requests for the checkout table:

• just one Change Qty. button for the whole form.
  • I think the item price should be in a column of its own rather than under content
  • delete button also in a column of its own.

I think it would declutter the table more and allow for easier customization with css.
What do you think?

edit. Ooh, and for CSS and semantics … I have a few more requests. how about <colgroup> and <thead> too and scope="col" for the <th>?

Last edited by JanDW (2010-05-09 18:41:41)

TXPDream – A Textpattern Tag Library for Adobe Dreamweaver. (updated for 4.2.0) | jdw_if_ajax – Only serve certain parts of a page when requested with AJAX

#453 2010-05-09 18:01:37

JanDW
Plugin Author
Website

Does anybody know how to make this work with AJAX? I’m trying to get the form generated by <txp:yab_shop_add /> to submit through jQuery’s $.post(). I get a succesful http response (200 OK) but the item didn’t get added to the cart when going to the checkout section.

This is one of the forms (which adds to the cart when not intercepting submit with jQuery )

<form method="post" action="http://iseethesuntxp.dev/#yab-shop-form-3" id="yab-shop-form-3">
    <input type="hidden" value="3" name="yab-shop-id" />
    <p class="yab-add">
        <input type="text" value="1" name="qty" size="1" />
        <input type="submit" value="Add to Cart" name="add" class="submit" />
    </p>
</form>

Jquery:

$('#books form').submit(function(){
		var thisForm =  $(this);
		var url = thisForm.attr('action');
		$.post(url, thisForm.serialize(), showAddedToCart());
		return false;
	});

Cheers!

Last edited by JanDW (2010-05-09 18:13:00)

TXPDream – A Textpattern Tag Library for Adobe Dreamweaver. (updated for 4.2.0) | jdw_if_ajax – Only serve certain parts of a page when requested with AJAX

#454 2010-05-10 01:16:22

hidalgo
Website

Hi Jan, from what I remember .serialize() doesn’t include the submit button data (only qty and id).

Yab_shop uses add from the submit button, so you will need to include this in the $.post() data:

var data = thisForm.serialize()+'&add=1';
$.post(url, data, showAddedToCart());

Hope this helps!

#455 2010-05-10 01:50:44

JanDW
Plugin Author
Website

Hey Hidalgo– aha, you’re right… stupid of me not to have looked at the post parameters in firebug… thanks, much appreciated!

#456 2010-05-12 01:58:30

JanDW
Plugin Author
Website

Hi again – I’m experiencing two minor issues. When I’m using the sandbox with paypal, I get the following error as soon as I get to paypal:

We were unable to decrypt the certificate id.

When I go “live” I don’t have this problem.

Only the first name, last name and email address filled in in the checkout form get used on paypal. Billing address, phone number, ZIP, etc… need to be reentered. It’s a little tedious if customers would have to enter this info twice, can it be avoided?

Thanks – Jan

Last edited by JanDW (2010-05-12 01:59:17)

Board footer