Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2008-03-02 17:59:02

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Re: yab_shop (simple textpattern shop with paypal support)

I’ve released it.
See first updated thread entry.

Last edited by trenc (2008-03-02 18:07:24)

#26 2008-03-02 21:17:50

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Source looks very nice at first sight. Uses lots of TXP internal functions to avoid code duplication. The .phps files don’t show up as plain text in my browser (I can only save them, Firefox interprets them as binary files). Perhaps you can use the PHP highlight_string function to produce color-highlighted source (I’ve done that for the plugins on my own website).

One thing I noticed in the sending of email is that you use the sitename in the header of the email. You may want to mime-encode that, in case the site name contains non-us-ascii characters (headers are always 7-bit. Specifying 8-bit in the header is only relevant for the body of the email).

Have you considered making this plugin MLP-compatible?

Btw. I noticed you’ve added it on TXP.org. Up till now there were no shopping cart plugins. You may want to ask Alicson (who maintains TXP.org) for a separate category: e-commerce or something like that.

#27 2008-03-03 16:02:44

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

@bloke:
There are no discount rules implemented. But this could be a future implementation, when i have a clue how to handle it. Shipping costs are flatrate shipping. Could be diffcult to implenent both (discount rules and shipping cost per variant), but i’am always open for suggestions.
For delivering ordered files i could imagine to create a new session object or array with relevant datas after an successfull transaction, on which you can access by your own script.
If i understand it correctly so your paypal solution is like the »by now«-button?

@ruud:
I hope the frequent use of internal txp functions is not a bommerang :), but it seems the right way for me.
It was my intention that the source can be easily downloaded. So everyone is able to open it in his/her favorite editor.
Your are right with that email header, i will change it next release, many thanks.
I’ve only heard of the MLP, but not yet used. So i will first have look at the MLP code, but i fear MLP-compatibility is not easy. Will see.

#28 2008-03-03 16:24:27

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

trenc wrote:

There are no discount rules implemented. But this could be a future implementation, when i have a clue how to handle it.

Cool.

Shipping costs are flatrate shipping.

Fair enough.

For delivering ordered files i could imagine to create a new session object or array with relevant datas after an successfull transaction, on which you can access by your own script.

Excellent. If you need a beta tester or some input, let me know.

If i understand it correctly so your paypal solution is like the »by now«-button?

Yes, exactly that. If using encrypted buttons it’s a bit of an overhead to generate each time because you have to visit the PayPal site to tell it your product IDs. Plus it renders the basket a bit useless because I think you have to edit quantities directly on the PayPal portal :-(

The non-encrypted route is fairly easy to integrate because I seem to remember you can make a form and plug the values into it from custom fields/form fields and the Submit button then simply redirects to paypal. Not really sure if the encryption is much use anyway.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#29 2008-03-03 17:29:30

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

I hope the frequent use of internal txp functions is not a bommerang :), but it seems the right way for me.

Yes, definitely the right way. Better than re-inventing the wheel :)

#30 2008-03-03 18:11:49

TheEric
Plugin Author

Bloke wrote:

Yes, exactly that. If using encrypted buttons it’s a bit of an overhead to generate each time because you have to visit the PayPal site to tell it your product IDs. Plus it renders the basket a bit useless because I think you have to edit quantities directly on the PayPal portal :-( The non-encrypted route is fairly easy to integrate because I seem to remember you can make a form and plug the values into it from custom fields/form fields and the Submit button then simply redirects to paypal. Not really sure if the encryption is much use anyway.

No interaction is needed to generate the encrypted buttons The encryption is generated using a unique key that you generate through paypal, once (see here ) Also, if you use Website Payments Standard (even Pro or Gateway) you don’t need to use the express checkout cart for quantities. You simply use Paypal as something similiar to a payment gateway (see here ) Ooops. Sorry, this only applies to Paypay Website Payments Pro, but the checkout feature of the standard version is just a confirmation of what they entered on your website shopping cart. Here they can change quantities and remove items. Think of it like a checkout screen.

Last edited by TheEric (2008-03-03 18:18:23)

#31 2008-03-03 18:13:15

TheEric
Plugin Author

As an aside, the application of a shopping cart as seen in the demo is bloody brilliant. If you need help or anything, let me know! I would definitely be interested in helping further with Paypal/Google Payment integration.

#32 2008-03-03 19:10:14

progre55

trenc:

Add me to the list who think your plug fills a definite void in the TXP arsenal.

As of last week, I was searching for a simpler shopping cart solution to integrate into a TXP website that I am building. Then along comes your plug in. : )

I like many others who posted would like to see Paypal integration. I am open to any and all solutions, even if it is temporary so I can finish off the current project. I am hoping either Bloke (yes we meet again) or TheEric can give some guidance on this topic.

I am a little curious on the statement of it not being secure, since I would only be looking to port the information over to Paypal, but the actual credit card processing could be handled on their end. Again, any input from the commmunity would be greatly appreciated.

The nice thing is that I do not have a ton of products, so I am hoping to be able to roll out fairly quickly if I can get the Paypal thing ironed out.

Thanks for the effort/hardwork and contribution to the community.

progre55

#33 2008-03-04 17:32:17

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Minor update is done.
I’ve extended the iso 4217 currency support for the paypal provided codes.
But I need feedback about the localized number format output. I don’t know all the country specific used number formats. Would be nice.

#34 2008-03-05 12:45:42

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

Hi trenc.

Very amazing and useful plugin :)

I’d made a version of ours with a paypal form in it. Cause I’m not a PHP developer, this version need some professional’s corrections.
If you want my file (yab_config.txt customized and yab_shop), drop me a line.

Cheers,

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

#35 2008-03-05 17:56:30

shayne
Website

trenc wrote:

Minor update is done.
I’ve extended the iso 4217 currency support for the paypal provided codes.
But I need feedback about the localized number format output. I don’t know all the country specific used number formats. Would be nice.

Canada – CAD is the same as US $ $

On another note I am having a problem where the little cart and checkout are not showing price or doing the math. When I use txp:yap_shop_custom_field the price is shown properly?? Any thoughts?

Thanks.

#36 2008-03-05 19:30:53

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Canada – CAD is the same as US $ $

Oh, ‘erm … yes you’re right! I must have missed the independence. ;)
I will fix it next release.

On another note I am having a problem where the little cart and checkout are not showing price or doing the math. When I use txp:yap_shop_custom_field the price is shown properly?? Any thoughts?

I suppose the custom_field_price in your config are wrong.
Use it like this (depending on your custom field for price): 'custom_field_price' => 'Custom_1'
So here the prices are stored in »Custom field 1«.
And be sure the name for custom field for price is same as in config 'custom_field_price_name' => 'Price'.

Last edited by trenc (2008-03-05 19:39:35)

Board footer