Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#205 2008-12-16 11:36:46

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Re: yab_shop (simple textpattern shop with paypal support)

Hello Ellen,

the idea with an extra article is nice, but paypal does not support negative price values, of course. And you have the opportunity to change the quantity of the coupon — I think this is not intended.

By an look on the reference I can’t see a varaible that can be used by a promo-code or coupon.
So a possible solution have to be yab_shop internal. Have to think about it, ‘cause it must be compatible with goggle ckeckout too. :/

Last edited by trenc (2008-12-16 11:56:48)

#206 2008-12-16 12:09:35

ellen

Trenc, thanks a lot for your prompt reply (Danke für die schnelle Antwort). Es wäre toll, wenn Du den yab-shop weiterentwickeln würdest. Wir Nicht-Programmierer brauchen Leute wie Dich! Eine Extra-Donation auf Deiner Website wäre Dir von meiner Seite sicher.

Fröhliche Weihnachten / Merry Christmas,

Ellen

#207 2008-12-16 14:25:52

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Erm thanks …
I’m a little bit abashed.

And I can tell you and all other interested parties that I have an idea now how to implement something like a working promo code — at least I hope so. ;)

#208 2008-12-16 15:53:24

rightnews

i was trying to use yab_shop together with MLP, but i ended up with “no items in cart”.
the little side-cart worked well, but the main checkout was empty.

any suggestitions? its only the last step and it could be something easy… but i can’t figure it out

maybe that someone has it working – both MLP and yab_shop?

#209 2008-12-16 17:12:03

kemie
Plugin Author
Website

I couldn+t get both of them working :( the urls were the problem, if i remember correctly

~~~~~~~~~~~~~| monolinea.com | pixilate.com | istockphoto.com/kemie |~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#210 2008-12-16 18:24:59

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

kemie wrote:

I couldn+t get both of them working :( the urls were the problem, if i remember correctly

Thats could be possible! Yab_Shop is is working with the functions pagelinkurl() and permlinkurl(). I think MLP is using another url-rewrites, but I don’t checked it yet.

#211 2008-12-19 00:14:57

rightnews

i see, thanks for advice. I’m gonna use both languges together on one page, the deadline is too close now…

#212 2008-12-19 11:05:19

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

New version (v0.5.5) is out with two new features:

• support for promotional discounts (see plugin help for setup)
  • remember checkbox for submitted data

Due the lack of support by paypal or google checkout the promotional-code doesn’t work with absolute values like 5 EURO on total sum. It works as a discount system in % of every product. You can test it on Demoshop with the following promo-code: TXP4YOU.

Please update all three part (core, config, 3rd-party) of the plugin. All parts have been changed.

#213 2009-01-14 09:59:04

FireFusion

Hi Trenc, How far off do you think the interface for managing orders is?

#214 2009-01-14 12:09:46

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Hi FireFusion,

I’m working on it. But it is a lot of more work, ‘cause now new database tables will be filled and the config will be also stored in database so that the shop configuration will be similar to textpattern preferences. But I have to change existing code. I can’t really say a date except: When it’s done! Sorry for delivering no more info!

Btw. I’ve released a small bugfix version 0.5.6 today:

• fixed bug when property prices are used and 'custom_field_price_name' other than 'price'
  • bugfix: using “:” in properties in chekout table
  • bugfix: using “: “ as delimter instead of misleading “ – “ in property select element

#215 2009-01-21 20:55:25

georgeM
Website

Hi trenc,

I’m currently almost ready to launch a client site which uses your plugin (which is also great!). I have updated to the latest 0.5.6, however I have a question about the Shipping costs. I have configured my yab_shop_config plugin to look like this:

'tax_inclusive' => '0', 'tax_rate' => '13', 'shipping_costs' => '7.50', 'shipping_via' => 'UPS', 'free_shipping' => '0', 'currency' => 'CAD',

However the shipping cost on the Checkout page/section always states “$0.00”. Is there something I’m doing wrong?

Also, another idea for the shipping (and possibly next version), would be to have the possibility of using a custom field to specify the shipping cost for a particular/single item. At the time of checkout, all of those custom fields could then be added up to the sum of the shipping costs.

Anyways, that’s just a wish for the future, but it would be great if you could help me with the shipping costs on my current site. If you wanted to test it out yourself, I could provide access as well.

Thanks in advance for your help (and once again, KICK-ASS plugin!)

EDIT: Nevermind about the shipping question. It seems that putting “999999” into the “Free Shipping” config fixed the issue (since we do not want to offer free shipping, unless you spend $1,000,000!)

I suppose all is well now, but I will post any other questions if I require some more help. Thanks again!

Last edited by georgeM (2009-01-21 20:57:51)

#216 2009-01-23 09:38:13

Joey

Great plugin. I was wondering whether somebody has a working template for yah_shop available which I can use and modify?

Regards,

Joey

Board footer