Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2008-02-17 12:07:43

zero
Website

Re: rah_comments // Pagination for comments

unordered lists don’t have numbers :) but ordered lists have numbers and you can use <ol start=“11”> in the html.

Your plugin does what you say it does, Jukka, but as Els says “What’s the use of comments pagination if the list starts with #1 on every page?” Your plugin will be much improved if page 1 begins with comment#1, page 2 begins with comment#11, page 3 begins with comment#21 etc and it does this “straight out of the tin”.

I just noticed another problem. If I click on a recent comment (in my list of recent comments on the front page) it always takes me to the first page of the article even if the comment is on the third page.

And one further thing: in the Help you have some &lt; and &gt; where it should be < and >

Last edited by zero (2008-02-17 12:19:23)

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#14 2008-02-17 18:40:54

jm
Plugin Author
Website

zero wrote:

unordered lists don’t have numbers :) but ordered lists have numbers and you can use <ol start=“11”> in the html.

Actually, start is deprecated. So the only valid way to change numbers is to output the number.

#15 2008-02-17 18:42:36

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

I just noticed another problem. If I click on a recent comment (in my list of recent comments on the front page) it always takes me to the first page of the article even if the comment is on the third page.

ofcourse it does do that. Recent comments doesn’t include pg to the link. I believe I didn’t say that it includes replacement for recent_comments tag.

And one further thing: in the Help you have some &lt; and &gt; where it should be < and >

I don’t see them, but if it double-textiled… Maybe it’s cause ied_plugin_composer as I can’t make it happen in my Textpattern installations.

Actually, start is deprecated. So the only valid way to change numbers is to output the number.

Thank you jm :) Yep, so it is.

Last edited by Gocom (2008-02-17 18:44:18)

#16 2008-02-18 04:34:03

marios
Archived Plugin Author

Good Idea. I was scratching my head about this recently. Now, would there be any solution, to make this work on 4.0.5 ?

regards, marios

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#17 2008-02-18 04:44:29

jm
Plugin Author
Website

marios, if I’m not mistaken, you would need to add the limit and offset attributes to the core comments tag. If you replace you comments function in taghandlers.php with 4.0.6’s, it should work. (I’m making an uneducated guess).

Last edited by jm (2008-02-18 04:44:49)

#18 2008-02-18 10:45:58

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

jm wrote:

marios, if I’m not mistaken, you would need to add the limit and offset attributes to the core comments tag. If you replace you comments function in taghandlers.php with 4.0.6’s, it should work. (I’m making an uneducated guess).

Jm is right :) Yep, it would work.

#19 2008-02-18 12:42:17

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Gocom wrote:

zero> And one further thing: in the Help you have some &lt; and &gt; where it should be < and >
Maybe it’s cause ied_plugin_composer…

OT: Eek, maybe. I have a minor bugfix version I’m sitting on until I’m happy with it. Is your help written entirely in Textile? (does it start with an h1.?) Are you using the plugin composer in DB mode or from the cache directory?

Would you please let me know via my contact page in the first instance and once I’ve had a chance to review the plugin composer code, if you could send me your plugin .php file (save as php) I’ll see if I can find out why it’s doing it.

If it’s a bug I’ll squash it and roll the fix into the currently unreleased version. Sorry to pollute your thread.

Last edited by Bloke (2008-02-18 12:43:36)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#20 2008-02-18 13:02:01

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Bloke,

I kinda sorted it out. It’s just cause I don’t use Textile in the help, but the help is Textiled. But I can’t get that Textiling bug happen on 4.0.5 (I don’t yet use full 4.0.6 – only last revision before 4.0.6. came out).

So possibly it’s my fault, as I use zero textile. But why it doesn’t come up with 4.0.5?

#21 2008-02-18 15:05:39

marios
Archived Plugin Author

bq.Gocom wrote:

jm wrote:

Jm is right :) Yep, it would work.

jm wrote:

That guess should be enough to get me starting, thanks. ( Thanks also for putting this together )

regards, marios

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#22 2008-02-25 23:39:51

Ruhh

this plugin do not work for me. i have this tag <txp:rah_comments /> in the comment form and i get this error: Tag error: <txp:rah_comments/> -> Notice: Undefined variable: pagination on line 71

<txp:Ruhh />

#23 2008-02-26 10:55:55

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

this plugin do not work for me. i have this tag <txp:rah_comments /> in the comment form and i get this error: Tag error: <txp:rah_comments/> -> Notice: Undefined variable: pagination on line 71

Possibly because you are trying to use the plugin on article list and not on single article. In example your output the comment_form to article list, and not using it on permlink-pointing-direction.

#24 2008-02-26 11:34:25

Ruhh

What? I am not using it on article list. I am using it on a single article so how would I do that?

This is the form I have with the rah_comments tag in.

<txp:if_comments>
   <txp:if_article_id id="29"><!-- 29 is your guestbook article -->
      <txp:rah_comments wraptag="ol" break="li" limit="10" />
   <txp:else />
      <txp:comments form="questions" />
   </txp:if_article_id>
</txp:if_comments>
<txp:if_comments_allowed>
   <txp:comments_form form="ask_form" />
</txp:if_comments_allowed>

Last edited by Ruhh (2008-02-26 21:08:48)

<txp:Ruhh />

Board footer