Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2008-02-13 20:10:45

zero
Website

Re: Textpattern Core

OK, forget it. If Dale and Ruud are representative then I’ll just accept that this is not the right time and I did not ask the right questions.

But if any developers want to send me their totally cool comments on the TXP core, so cool they couldn’t possibly spark any flames, then please do so.

Love and best wishes to everyone.

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#14 2008-02-13 21:28:27

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I tend to keep out of these things but I would like to say that there seems to be a misconception that there are two communities whereas I like to think that there is one community with two pieces of software. I think we should just wait and see what xPattern produces. It might be surprising. :)

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#15 2008-02-14 17:46:16

mrdale
Website

Peter>

After re-reading this thread today, I’d to publicly apologize to you personally for my reaction. It’s clear that you efforts are geared toward community building, which is readily apparent from the majority of your content in TXPQ. As I said before I personally enjoy reading about txp people, and I think this and other parts of TXPQ are great. Thanks.

As ruud said, I think my reaction stems from the fact that the “fork” article was pretty slanted (which is your right). But I think it makes people skittish about having their opinions misrepresented in the future.

So hopefully you understand the angst a little better, and accept my apology.

#16 2008-02-14 19:13:15

zero
Website

Apology accepted. Thank you. I hope my “fork” article was slanted towards truth and I always try not to misrepresent anybody but we have different experiences and see the same thing through different filters so it boils down to a miscommunication problem in this case. Your apology certainly helps keep the communication channels open. Thank you.

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#17 2008-02-14 20:26:44

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Board footer