mrdale
Website

Re: [ARCHIVED] Postmaster (0.4.4) -A simple newsletter manager

Admin email: email_address@tld.com

#230 2009-03-23 23:54:34

civilian401

sorry for going around in circles.

so for example. if my name is Jim Rogers, and my email address is j.rogers@gmail.com.

is it possible to make the “from” field as “ Mr. Rogers “ or does it have to be “j.rogers@gmail.com”

?

#231 2009-03-24 00:56:29

civilian401

THE BLUE DRAGON wrote:

sipke wrote:

Dear Ben,

First of all, many thanks for this great plugin, it works like a charm!

I have only one question: is it possible to give a name for admin, not just the email (so the Sender is not just an email address but name+address)? I cannot figure out how to implement this, and some spam filters score high if you send your email without Sender name.

Thanks in advance, awesome plugin!

THE BLUE DRAGON wrote:

ok I found how to chenge the “from” to a name:

edit the Postmaster Library and search for
$headers = "From: $listAdminEmail".
replace $listAdminEmail
with
Your name <blabla@domain.com>
or
Your name <$listAdminEmail>

so after all you got:
$headers = “Your name <blabla@domain.com>”.
or
$headers = “Your name <$listAdminEmail>”.

enjoy ;)

did anyone get this to work?

#232 2009-03-30 08:48:00

daver89
Website

Hello all,

This is the perfect plugin I have been looking for but it seems to pop up some errors in the latest textpattern:-

Warning: Missing argument 1 for page_url(), called in /home/teachwestmids/public_html/mtl/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(570) : eval()‘d code on line 228 and defined in /home/teachwestmids/public_html/mtl/textpattern/publish/taghandlers.php on line 3189

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/teachwestmids/public_html/mtl/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php on line 641

and…

Warning: Missing argument 1 for page_url(), called in /home/teachwestmids/public_html/mtl/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(470) : eval()‘d code on line 280 and defined in /home/teachwestmids/public_html/mtl/textpattern/publish/taghandlers.php on line 3189

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/teachwestmids/public_html/mtl/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php on line 641

Also is there a way to disable the email on new post? so it only collects the email addresses?

Many thanks.
Dave.

#233 2009-04-13 01:30:08

midmood
Website

////SOLVED after hours of eyes-murdering. I leave the request for future reference of the community:
the problem was in the trailing slash at the end of the opening txp:zem_contact tag…..

Hi all,
before bothering you i checked the whole thread, but found anything (or my english failed :-)

if you go here you can see the problem:
http://www.softballinside.com/newsletter
http://www.softballinside.com/newsletter/84/modulo-cancellazione-newsletter

the first one is the page where I ask the user to subscribe to my newsletter, the second one is the page where my user can unsubscribe from it.
As you can see there are two forms in each page :-( the first is a sort-of-default-form which i don’t want, the second is the one I coded for…
furthermore: the useless form is working, not the other (the one I need).

that’s the code (as an example), for the unsubscription form, which i put inside an article:

<txp:zem_contact to="xxxxxx.xxxxxxx@xxxx.xx" label="cancellazione" redirect="http://www.softballinside.com/newsletter/82/cancellazione-newsletter" /> <!-- this page contains a goodbye message -->
<txp:zem_contact_email name="zemSubscriberEmail" label="" default="la tua email qui" />
<txp:zem_contact_checkbox name="zemUnSubscribe" label="vuoi cancellarti?" required="no" value="on" />
<txp:zem_contact_submit />
</txp:zem_contact>

do you have any idea of what’s going on?

thank you
Simone (Italy)

Last edited by midmood (2009-04-13 01:44:20)

#234 2009-04-16 08:09:41

jacyperks

I am using Zem Contact Reborn and Postmaster together. When someone chooses to subscribe through my contact form the custom fields are not populating in the database or under the subscribers tab.

I have made the following modifications to the plugins:

• I have set the Postmaster tab to appear under the Content section
  • I have changed the display titles of custom fields 1-3

I’m using textpattern 4.0.8, postmaster 0.4.4 and postmaster library 0.2.3.

Any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong?

#235 2009-04-20 20:37:38

MikeTheVike

*jacyperks wrote:**********************************************

p. I am using Zem Contact Reborn and Postmaster together. When someone chooses to subscribe through my contact form the custom fields are not populating in the database or under the subscribers tab.

I have made the following modifications to the plugins:

• I have set the Postmaster tab to appear under the Content section
  • I have changed the display titles of custom fields 1-3

I’m using textpattern 4.0.8, postmaster 0.4.4 and postmaster library 0.2.3.

Any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong?

Was the plugin working before you made those changes?

How did you get the Postmaster tab to appear under the Content tab? I might want to do this myself…

Another question for everyone else…TXP has the option to publish an article on a certain date. I don’t suppose there is a way to get Postmaster to send the newsletter on a certain date? Maybe have it read the date entered into the Publish article date? I suppose the way it works now is if you set a date for publishing, it would publish the article, but then you would manually have to go back, select that article, and select “Yes” in the “Email to subscribers” box, and hit Save. is this correct?

One more question…When testing out importing of subscriber names, a couple times it would import a blank subscriber, it wouldn’t show any name, email, list name, etc. This was caused by a line of commas in my CSV file exported from Excel. Will this blank subscriber screw the list up when sending the newsletter to everyone on the list?

Thanks!

Last edited by MikeTheVike (2009-04-20 21:14:02)

#236 2009-04-20 23:07:35

mlarino

Hi, I have been using PostMaster on my personal site to send newsletters to my subscribers,
I actually just sent one almost a year ago :) but it worked fine.

Now I was writing a new newslatter, and instead of submitting it to my list I made a test, but what I get is: NICE TRY
and dont get the email.
Whats that?

#237 2009-04-21 06:25:39

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

mlarino wrote:

what I get is: NICE TRY

Looks like a textpattern warning found on textpattern/publish.php

function bombShelter() // protection from those who'd bomb the site by GET
	{
		global $prefs;
		$in = serverset('REQUEST_URI');
		if (!empty($prefs['max_url_len']) and strlen($in) > $prefs['max_url_len']) exit('Nice try.');

Is your warning in capitals? In any case maybe someone with php knowledge might help you here.

>Edit: typo

Last edited by colak (2009-04-21 07:33:09)

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#238 2009-04-21 07:17:49

mlarino

Strange, why would it show this now, and not a year ago, I havent changed anything on the site at all.
I found there is more problems, I made changes on the List of subscribers, but when I save them none of the changes are applied.

#239 2009-04-21 07:24:53

jacyperks

I am still having the same problem with the custom fields not populating.

I am also having the problem with the subscriber list not updating when editing in te admin area. If I use the unsubscribe form the list seems to catch up with its self.

#240 2009-04-21 12:08:47

MikeTheVike

*jacyperks wrote:**********************************

I am still having the same problem with the custom fields not populating.

I am also having the problem with the subscriber list not updating when editing in te admin area. If I use the unsubscribe form the list seems to catch up with its self.

jacyperks, I think your problem with unsubscribes not working is a caching problem. I’ve seen the same thing happen before. Anytime I modify the subscriber list, I always sign out, clear my browser cache, then sign back in. Everything is usually fine then.

Board footer