Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#205 2009-01-14 16:02:30

MikeTheVike

Re: [ARCHIVED] Postmaster (0.4.4) -A simple newsletter manager

I’m still experimenting with this plugin, and have run into a small problem. I have newsletter that I want emailed to my subscribers, an html newsletter. I also want the newsletter posted to a page on my site. This all works fine!

Only problem I’m having right now is that in my body text, I lose all of my formatting. If I enter in multiple paragraphs in textile, then run together in the html newsletter. They look fine when posted on the page on my site. Any idea how i can fix this?

EDIT: of course I figure it out a minute after posting this…In my newsletter form I had <txp:bab_pm_data display=“Body” />, replaced it with <txp:body /> and it worked fine!

Last edited by MikeTheVike (2009-01-14 16:08:58)

#206 2009-02-04 21:30:41

MikeTheVike

Anyone else test the plugin fully on 4.0.7? For some reason my test install was 4.0.6 and I had everything working. Then I installed 4.0.7 and now I’m having some problems.

Also, does anyone know the correct way to completely uninstall the plugin so I can install it again? Do I need to delete database entries or anything?

Pat64 wrote:

Hi.

I’d just done a full test on TXP 4.0.7 and… all works fine.

#207 2009-02-26 01:08:07

insidertravels

I admit to not having read all 21 pages of this thread. It’s been a long week, and I fear my eyes would probably gloss over the solution if I found it. Does anybody know offhand what the problem could be?

I have also installed zem_contact_reborn and zem_contact_lang. Does Postmaster have any other dependencies besides its own library plugin?

After activating this plugin, I get the following errors:

Extensions/Subscribers:

Warning: Missing argument 1 for page_url(), called in /public/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(570) : eval()‘d code on line 228 and defined in /public/textpattern/publish/taghandlers.php on line 3189

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /public/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php on line 641

Warning: Missing argument 1 for page_url(), called in /public/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(470) : eval()‘d code on line 280 and defined in /public/textpattern/publish/taghandlers.php on line 3189

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /public/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php on line 641

Extensions/Lists:

Warning: Missing argument 1 for page_url(), called in /public/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(470) : eval()‘d code on line 307 and defined in /publish/taghandlers.php on line 3189

Extensions/Templates:

Warning: opendir(/public/textpattern/_templates) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /public/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(570) : eval()‘d code on line 303

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /public/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(570) : eval()‘d code on line 307

I haven’t found anything in the PostManual that tells me I have to create any special directories before activating this plugin, unless I am looking in the wrong place.

Could you shed some light on this for me?

Thanks!

UPDATE: I think I might have found a relevant answer in Postmanual. It shows similar error messages on the known bugs page, but it mentions using quotations in the form fields. My errors occurred upon fresh install of the plugin, so I hadn’t made any changes or additions yet in the admin panel.

UPDATE 2: Changing the site status from Testing to Live seems to have fixed the problem. Shouldn’t the plugin work in all status modes? Seems a little bizarre. Is this something that is going to be fixed, or is it lower on the priority list?

Thanks again!

Last edited by insidertravels (2009-02-26 01:27:21)

#208 2009-02-26 08:18:00

jakob
Admin
Website

Hello Insidertravels – this is one of the ocassions where it is worth trawling through previous threads :-) Solutions (patches to the plug-in code) have been posted to the subscribers and lists panes which do work, but Ben has not updated the plugin in a while. I’m not sure if that addresses the templates problem – that might be from another plugin. Setting live turns off error reporting – the errors don’t actually go away.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#209 2009-02-26 12:58:56

insidertravels

After I posted my second update above, I noticed the error messages in the templates panel are still there. It appears I need to explicitly create a directory, so I will.

I will look through the rest of the thread (I’ve only sifted through the first few pages so far) when I’m super alert. =)

Thanks for your reply.

#210 2009-03-04 04:02:12

amyng

mttw wrote:

Is is possible for someone to subscribe to multiple mailinglist with the same mailaddress? It looks like I have a problem with that. When someone is subscribing with the same address to multiple lists the form is processed but the address is not added to the Subscribers database. Am I doing something wrong or is it not possible?

Did anyone find a solution to this yet? I would love to hear the solution if someone fixed this (or can teach me how to!)

regards,
Amy

#211 2009-03-04 13:22:31

maniqui
Website

Hi amyng,

could you post the code you are using on your subscribing form? thanks.

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#212 2009-03-04 14:03:41

b3buggy

Hello, I have been using postmaster since last year on a website for model car racing, Thus when anyone joins the club, I manually add them to the database.
All has been working fine. But when i came to add a few new members, i could not add a subscriber, the button does nothing, same for export/import.
Anyone have any ideas?

I am using:
Postmaster 0.4.4
Postmaster Library 0.2.3
zem_contact_reborn 4.0.3.20

Any help much appreciated.

Regards

Ross

#213 2009-03-04 14:04:39

amyng

Hi Maniqui,

Here’s my contact form/postmaster form:
The other one just has another value (for example, basketball). So sometimes people like both, but their emails only register on the first list they subscribe to, and not both.

<txp:zem_contact to="amy@website.com" >
<txp:zem_contact_text name="zemSubscriberName" label="Your Name:" />
<br>
<txp:zem_contact_email name="zemSubscriberEmail" label="Your Email:" />
<br>
<txp:zem_contact_text name="website" label="Website:" />
<br>
<txp:zem_contact_secret name="zemSubscriberLists" value="baseball" />
<br>
<txp:zem_contact_textarea name="Enquiry" label="Write your question here (if you have any):" required="no"/>

#214 2009-03-08 13:42:44

b3buggy

Anyone?

b3buggy wrote:

Hello, I have been using postmaster since last year on a website for model car racing, Thus when anyone joins the club, I manually add them to the database.
All has been working fine. But when i came to add a few new members, i could not add a subscriber, the button does nothing, same for export/import.
Anyone have any ideas?

I am using:
Postmaster 0.4.4
Postmaster Library 0.2.3
zem_contact_reborn 4.0.3.20

Any help much appreciated.

Regards

Ross

Last edited by b3buggy (2009-03-08 13:43:22)

#215 2009-03-14 15:07:01

b3buggy

Ok, As no one has had any suggestions, I decided to delete postmaster plugins and reinstall them, this has not helped. I have also tried a different pc & browers, just incase.

Someone else must have experienced this?

Cheers

Ross

#216 2009-03-14 15:11:17

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Ross, are you sure it is not a cache issue?

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

Board footer