Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#61 2011-09-15 13:56:04

karl.dvx
Website

Re: wlk_helpful, a rating plugin

I’m having problems with the plugin. Went through the whole installation but when I show it on my site and vote it doesn’t change anything and stays 0. The plugin is I think rendred correctly as the ID is shown and when selecting a list it also displays pages.. Example can be found here: http://vivamajorca.co.uk/about-majorca/history

Any help? I also tested it without any CSS for the rating part but still nothing..

#62 2011-09-15 14:00:35

Walker
Plugin Author
Website

Make sure you use console to watch for JS errors. You’d see: “$ is undefined” when you load the page.

<script type="text/javascript" src="/images/wlk_helpful.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/textpattern/jquery.js"></script>

Reverse order of those two scripts:

<script type="text/javascript" src="/textpattern/jquery.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/images/wlk_helpful.js"></script>

#63 2011-09-15 14:11:55

karl.dvx
Website

Nice! Reversing the scripts order did the job.
Thanks for your quick help and great plugin Walker!

#64 2012-02-11 11:25:21

Smaunune

Thank you for the plugin, I’ve made a photoblog and getting feedback easily is the key part of the part of the whole thing.

I’ve managed to get it work the way I want to and everything was sailing smoothly – untill I started using the site in two languages (with MLP). The plugin is acting very weird, the output seem to be linked to individual sessions (sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t display anything. Another session in a different browser is shoving different counts for articles than another open the same time etc.)

I read all the docs I could find, but didn’t find a simple yes/no-answer to the question: Is it possible to use wlk_helpful in multi-lingual site? If not, could it be used just for one language (it seemed to be working just when MLP was installed, but there wasn’t renditions in more than one language)?

Board footer