Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#73 2008-06-10 13:30:28

uli

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] cnk_section_tree - subsection plugin

Sorry for posting premature ;)

net-carver wrote:

By the way, I should have said the string has been changed in my development build and not yet released as I’m working on another neat feature for anyone with masses of sections.

Last edited by uli (2008-06-10 13:33:32)

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#74 2008-06-10 17:17:45

chriloi
Plugin Author
Website

I’ll try to come up with a Regular Expression that can handle a mutated section dropdown.

But I’m not willed to adapt my code everytime net-carver changes his code (i saw, that he also changed the backend). He may also check if his plugin works together with other plugins, when he changes such basic txp functionalities.

#75 2008-07-03 23:24:33

stopsatgreen

First of all, thanks very much for this plugin; I think it’s very important and I look forward to using it more.

Second, I have a little feedback/bug report for you:

1. active_section_articles seems to default to ‘y’, and not ‘n’ as stated
2. It would be useful to have the help page in the plugin itself

That’s it! I anxiously await the subsection reordering!

#76 2008-07-04 14:09:58

chriloi
Plugin Author
Website

Thanks for the feedback. I’m still working on this plugin and might release the next version by the end of this week.

#77 2008-07-05 14:40:15

Crossbound

Plug-in conflict with zem_event.

I’m currently working on a website for my church and am using cnk_section_tree v.0.3.9 for the main menu, and zem_event v.0.3.5 for events listings. The problem arises after posting an event in the write tab. The page would save but I was no longer able to access (i.e. got a blank screen) the saved article/event to edit. After disabling cnk_section_tree I was able to edit again.

Work around:
cnk_section_tree is overriding the section select box in the write tab. Commenting out line 679 through 701 in the cnk_section_tree plugin code will prevent that override, and the page will be viewable again.

Drawback:
You won’t get the nice subsections in the drop down box anymore, but for me that’s a workable solution.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Crossbound (2008-07-05 15:31:21)

#78 2008-07-05 20:45:50

rightnews

Thank you for this plugin, i am using it to generate suckerfish dropdown menu.

Unfortunately there seems to be a conflict with another plugin: ivo_texyla

Texyla is a an editor for Texy, which is used in czech Texpattern instead of Textile.

The plugin ivo_texyla is used to add Texyla to the textarea in “Write” tab in the Textpattern administration section. It appears on the top of the textarea and looks like a set of buttons in Word etc. – see screenshot

However, there is no Texyla as long as cnk_section_tree is active – i have to deactivate it to see the Texyla buttons.

Maybe that something is wrong with my installation of cnk_section_tree, because i can not use the txp:cnk_breadcrumb tag (it leads to an error: unknown tag) and also i cannot use any of the css_* parameters inside the <txp:cnk_sec_tree /> – textpattern pretends not to know it…
This happens no matter if texyla plugin is active or not.

#79 2008-07-07 20:52:37

chriloi
Plugin Author
Website

I’m sorry, I can’t stick to my own deadline, because real life caught up with me.

#80 2008-07-30 08:44:47

sagariha

expand_all seems not to work. In both cases expand_all=“n” or expand_all=“y” all sub-sections of all parent-sections are displayed at any time. And only not only the active section and its sub-sections will display expanded.

Or do I get something wrong?

txp 4.0.5 and plugin-Version 0.3.9

#81 2008-09-02 15:37:49

brunodario

Is there anyway (even a hack) to make this plugin link to the “default” page? I´m using it right now but i have to link to the home

#82 2008-10-27 10:56:59

gangelies

Brunodario
I have the same problem. I hope that some “code expert” can help us. The plug in is excellent (many thanks to the author…) and with that feature it’ll be perfect.

#83 2009-02-01 20:02:31

magrio
Website

Hi.

I have a problem with this plugin…
When it is active, and I click on an article into the txp interface to edit them, any browser shows antyhing… i mean, the url bar shows the adress like “domain.com/textpattern/index.php?event=article&step=edit&ID=68”, but any browser renders anything… but this doesnt happen with this plugin inactive.

I dont have other plugin in this installation of txp.

Someone have the same problem?

any idea?

thanks

#84 2009-03-19 19:07:02

brunodario

Just upgrated a few websites to 4.0.8 and the plugin seens to stop working on the admin side.

When i create a new section (or wish to edit one that already exists) the “parent” selection option doesn´t shows up.

So, right now everything but this detail seens to work fine (section that have been asigned as “childs” before the upgrade keep that status but i can change it anymore if i wish), can someone pls help?

@magrio: What version of txp are you using? Maybe the plugin stoped working on txp 4.0.8, anyone eles?

Last edited by brunodario (2009-03-19 19:13:35)

Board footer