Breadcrumb diagnostics available here pastebin.com/m5105ceed

Adi

#50 2008-06-05 01:46:28

chriloi
Plugin Author
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] cnk_section_tree - subsection plugin

Adi,

did you use an older version of the plugin before?

Section “test” has a wrong rgt value. Instead of 49 it should be 43. Can you remember what you did with this section before this happened?

#51 2008-06-05 04:27:29

gomedia
Plugin Author

Christian,

Yes, I think I probably had version 0.3.6 installed first.

If I knew what an rgt value was, I’d say something knowledgable ..!

Sorry, I can’t remember what I might have done with section “test” before I noticed a problem with cnk_breadcrumb.

Is the fault a legacy of an old version of cnk_section_tree?

I can delete section “test” and re-add it – if you want. Or even reinstall cnk_section_tree 0.3.9.

There’re are a couple of other strange things going on with sections as well (and I don’t know if they’re related):
- the default section in the Write tab is always “Home”, regardless of which one I set as the “Selected by default?” in Sections
- after adding a new article with a specified section (other than “Home”), the Section value in the Article form reverts back to “Home”

Adi

#52 2008-06-05 12:07:42

chriloi
Plugin Author
Website

Adi,

you don’t need to reinstall, just change the txp_section table’s rgt value for the section test to 43. (This only works if you did not change the section in the meantime) Otherwise a reinstall might work for you.

The second problem is probably a bug and needs to be fixed in the next version.

#53 2008-06-05 12:35:45

gomedia
Plugin Author

Christian,

You say “just change the txp_section table’s rgt value for the section test to 43”.
- am I correct in assuming I’d have to do this in MySQL?
- does it matter that the section “search” has the rgt value 43?
- what do lft and rgt stand for (they look like sequence numbers)?

Adi

#54 2008-06-05 13:06:32

chriloi
Plugin Author
Website

Oh, sorry I think it was so late this night, I didn’t see that search has the same values. In that case you should reinstall via the extension->section tree tab.

If you want to know what the lft and rgt values are for, please google for “nested set”. Basically these values make up the tree, the parent value indeed is only used to accelerate specific selects.

#55 2008-06-05 13:30:28

gomedia
Plugin Author

Christian,

Success. Reinstalled section tree, reassigned sub-sections to parents and all is well. Thanks for your help.

Whilst I’m on the subject, I’ve got another suggestion for improvement. When implementing drop-down menus I often add a link to the section at the top of the submenu and call it “Overview”. I’ve found that when a menu item has a drop-down, users sometimes don’t realise that the top level has a separate page and can be clicked.

All the best,

Adi

P.S. lft/rgt: left and right – well I never …

#56 2008-06-07 06:19:44

gomedia
Plugin Author

Christian,

I’ve just upgraded my version of PHP to 5.2.4 (using TXP 4.0.6) and I’ve discovered that there’s a problem when cnk_section_tree is enabled, together with rss_admin_show_adv_opts and/or rss_admin_db_manager.

If an existing article is selected from the Articles list, a blank page is displayed rather than the article update page.

Adi

#57 2008-06-07 13:15:18

uli

Adi, I’ve got all of the mentioned plugins activated (plus a whole lot more) and I can’t confirm the described behavior. Have you tried it with plugins switched off in your prefs?
BTW, since last week you can easily test for plugin conflicts with wet_plugout. It’s totally peanuts now!

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#58 2008-06-08 03:54:21

gomedia
Plugin Author

Uli,

Thanks for the message. Yes, I’ve got a whole lot more plugins enabled than the three I mentioned as well, but to stop the blank page problem I have to disable (rss_admin_show_adv_opts AND rss_admin_db_manager) OR cnk_section_tree. I’ve reverted back to PHP version 4 and the problem doesn’t occur. I need to use PHP 5 though.

Obviously, disabling cnk_section_tree has an effect on the live website, so I might have to use wet_plugout if I’ve got to keep switching rss_* on and off! Not an ideal solution though.

Adi

#59 2008-06-08 11:39:54

uli

Odd, I’m using PHP v.5.2.5 all the time.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#60 2008-06-08 12:50:53

chriloi
Plugin Author
Website

I’m also using PHP 5.2.5. I don’t get a blank page, but rss_admin_show_adv_opts cannot inject the javascript when either my plugin or e.g. sed_section_fields is activated.

But you can simply circumvent this issue with not using rss_admin_show_adv_opts but sed_section_fields, which automatically opens the advanced options.

rss_admin_db_manager does not conflict on my system.

Last edited by chriloi (2008-06-08 12:51:24)

Board footer