Plugin Author
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] cnk_section_tree - subsection plugin

Oh, thanks for telling.

#26 2008-05-27 01:34:51

uli

In cnk_st_get_tree (v0.3.3) there’s a remainder: the line
$sql_tables .= " LEFT JOIN txp405textpattern a ON a.section = s.name AND a.status = 4";
should obviously be
$sql_tables .= " LEFT JOIN textpattern a ON a.section = s.name AND a.status = 4";

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#27 2008-05-27 01:52:53

jm
Plugin Author
Website

You should use safe_pfx too:

$sql_tables .= " LEFT JOIN ". safe_pfx('textpattern') ." a ON a.section = s.name AND a.status = 4";

Last edited by jm (2008-05-27 01:53:27)

#28 2008-05-27 01:57:29

chriloi
Plugin Author
Website

New version is already online. Added another tag.

I’m currently playing with friendly urls… Do you guys think, that it is adequate to only support the “section_title” scheme for the first time?

#29 2008-05-27 09:23:34

uli

section/title is alright for me.

Do you have plans on a class/ID for the active article, and turning off the active class for the section the article belongs to? This would improve usability from the POV of site users.

Installing cnk_st seems to disable sed_section_fields (radiobuttons to switch on/off section related display of custom fields from the sections tab, really important for authors that get confused easily). There’s probably a position-related conflict, as sed_sf inserts the radiobuttons at the same place as your section selector menu.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#30 2008-05-27 10:57:39

uli

I’m having two serious problems with cnk_st I can’t smooth out when using active_section_articles="y":

1. One article can’t be displayed in that part of the section tree it belonges in. The problem seems to be that the section selector menu on the write tab of this article doesn’t display the sections hierarchically.
  2. I have a list of articles belonging to a section, that are not displayed in the tree. Reassigning the section didn’t help, neither did removing an umlaut from the section’s name (how should it ;). It’s just this one chunk of articles/this one section, so I think it should all be my fault, just that I can’t figure out only one more reason for this.

Last edited by uli (2008-05-27 10:58:34)

#31 2008-05-27 11:11:53

chriloi
Plugin Author
Website

1. Does the section tree dropdown render as supposed for other articles? If so, are you running any other plugins?

2. Articles are only rendered for active sections… (umlauts are no problem, since they are removed in the internal names)

3. I’m about to reorganize my injection code to allow sed_section_fields to work together with my plugin.

#32 2008-05-27 11:15:00

chriloi
Plugin Author
Website

2. Articles are only rendered to sections that have no subsections. What do you think it should behave?

#33 2008-05-27 11:38:38

uli

chriloi wrote:

1. Does the section tree dropdown render as supposed for other articles?

Yes, completly as it should.

If so, are you running any other plugins?

Yup, tons of. Do you think it’s necessary …

2a. Articles are only rendered for active sections…

Using the abovementioned attribute, I suppose.

2b. Articles are only rendered to sections that have no subsections. What do you think it should behave?

I haven’t yet fully tested every way of associating articles to sections (should selected sections containing subsections display articles? Would they do so as of now?) [EDIT: see 2b] plus the mentioned queerness that confused my understanding of the plugin’s mode of operation. Yet I think the possibilities I have at the moment are fully sufficient, if they’d work as expected.

3. I’m about to reorganize my injection code to allow sed_section_fields to work together with my plugin.

This is a true relief!

Thanks!

Last edited by uli (2008-05-27 11:41:49)

#34 2008-05-27 11:47:11

uli

2b-related:
If you see a way of easily implementing something like show_articles_on_selected_path="y|n" we’d have a possibility of creating a directory-tree-like section tree the kind we all know from our OSs.

#35 2008-05-27 12:00:52

chriloi
Plugin Author
Website

So you mean displaying articles in the tree even when the section has subsections. But only for the selected section or also for its parents and / or children ?

#36 2008-05-27 12:19:16

uli

I thought of the normal way known from most OS-like directory trees: Click any first level node, and its immediate content is displayed, with all it’s articles/sections. (Ouh! Sections need an extra class to distinguish them from articles.) If level 2 contains a further section, click that node and all of it’s immediate content becomes visible, everything that was visible remains visible.
But not to be misunderstood: this should be just an optional attribute, that can be added if desired. The normal behavior should be to just show the articles on the selected node, the way you originally intended.

Board footer