Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#97 2008-01-23 13:33:23

shi

Re: glz_custom_fields

hehe, maybe I’m the one who’s not that good at explaining in English :)

Anyway, I’ve found some solution for my problem. Yeeey… Actually, I have used the plugin hack you posted earlier.

$section = (!$section) ? ‘’ : “ and Section = ‘”.doSlash($section).”’”;
replace with
$section = ‘’;

It helped me to output results from glz query on any result_page, but the result_page listed articles from all sections by default, so I had to use <txp_if_custom_field name=“my_custom_field”> in article form to limit the results, to show only articles with my_custom_field in it.

Anyway keep in mind that the <txp:glz_custom_fields_article /> tag accepts the same attributes of the <txp:article /> tag so it can’t accept a “section” attribute.

Too bad. Thanks for clarifying that.

Also consider that the <txp:glz_custom_fields_article /> tag is meant to show the results of a search performed by the <txp:glz_custom_fields_search_form /> tag (in which you can set a “results_page” attribute to specify which section you want your results to appear).

That was the key of my problem. Articles have to be written in the same section as the result_page section in order to apear in it. If I need to use the same results on the new_section, I would have to make new entries with the section set to new_section. Fortunately, your hack worked well for this.

As for your second question why create 7 custom fields with 1 radio button for each when you can use one custom field with 7 radio buttons?

If I use 7 radio buttons checkboxes in 1 custom field, as I mentioned before, plugin would sort values aphabetically. Both in admin interface (textpattern/write), and on a website, and I want to avoid that… And if I use 7 different custom fields, I can set their output by changing the article form. I guess it’s possible to hack the plugin itself not to sort values by name, but I’m not that good at PHP.

Thanks alot again. Cheers.

———

edit: I’m so retarded… Whole this time I’m writing about radio buttons, but actually thinking of checkboxes…

Last edited by shi (2008-01-28 09:33:06)

#98 2008-01-23 15:24:23

redbot
Plugin Author

shi wrote

Thanks alot again. Cheers.

no problem ;)

If I use 7 radio buttons in 1 custom field, as I mentioned before, plugin would sort values aphabetically. Both in admin interface (textpattern/write), and on a website, and I want to avoid that… And if I use 7 different custom fields, I can set their output by changing the article form. I guess it’s possible to hack the plugin itself not to sort values by name, but I’m not that good at PHP

well, as usual I don’t understand. Anyway if you are happy with this solution I’m happy too. Cheers!

#99 2008-01-30 16:05:41

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

To fix for 4.0.6, edit the plugin and replace the contents with the following.

Edit:

Link to pastebin fix was removed by ruud. If you need the fix and cannot wait for the next release, email me.

Last edited by Manfre (2008-02-01 15:25:11)

#100 2008-01-30 16:11:36

lee

Thanks Manfre, that works – as if you didn’t know it :)

#101 2008-01-30 16:24:04

gerhard
Plugin Author
Website

Manfre, I don’t know whether you realized, but you’ve posted the entire plugin on pastebin, anyone can get it for free… Could you please remove it?

I will incorporate your changes in v 1.1 and release it to the ones that paid for it this weekend.

I know I haven’t been around lately, but work is more than crazy, I don’t have time for anything else!

Sorry for everyone that has been waiting for that 1.1 update, it will DEFINITELY happen this weekend.

Cheers guys, Gerhard.

#102 2008-01-30 19:53:28

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

See FAQ
Textpattern plugins should be distributed under a GPL-compatible license. You can still ask money for it, btw, because that’s perfectly okay.
Which license are you using for your plugin?

edit: Note that this post is not intended in a negative way (before this turns into a flame war). See also my post below. I’m mainly interested in knowing which license is used.

Last edited by ruud (2008-01-30 20:41:18)

#103 2008-01-30 20:18:02

Logoleptic
Plugin Author

Sorry for everyone that has been waiting for that 1.1 update, it will DEFINITELY happen this weekend.

Will this new version be able to work together with sed_section_fields?

#104 2008-01-30 20:21:12

lee

Hey Jukka, tone it down a tad mate.

#105 2008-01-30 20:27:11

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Jukka wrote (and then removed his post):

And because you have released your plugin, you also must provide it as free

No, that’s not true. If he’s using a GPL license (modified BSD is possible as well, as are several other licenses) he only has to provide the sources of the plugin to the people he sells it to. With plugins that’s a no-brainer, really, because if you have the plugin, you also have the source code.

However, given the fact that a GPL compatible license is needed to distribute plugins for use with TXP (as stated in the FAQ), people who have received the plugin are free to re-distribute as happend with zem_redirect. With zem_redirect that only happened when the original author no longer offered it for download. If it’s a nice plugin, reward the author for his work.

And so must you provide it, if I want it.

Also not true. He can choose to distribute the plugin to whoever he wants.

Last edited by ruud (2008-01-30 20:38:52)

#106 2008-01-30 20:46:15

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

but now it’s basically free at server that is down. Or not actually down, just slow as it answers but the speed is just amazing at pastebin…

And yep i removed it, to avoid harsh, bad things everything. Also if pastebin is down (or similiar) it’s basically the same if it’s there or not isn’t it. Tested: took five minutes to load.

And sorry I use too much of and-word — er – that wasn’t it. Sorry about losing my tempature, I’m little angsty :) no bad feelings. Hmm, why everyone hates my “cheers”-sign… well, if I change it to:

Brb? Chips? Chips n disps? Kippis? See’ay? Merii? :S nah, cheers it is – in bad and good. Hate me ;)

Last edited by Gocom (2008-01-30 21:05:49)

#107 2008-01-30 21:39:42

mrdale
Website

I’m a little concerned here that Gerhard’s excellent work is getting overshadowed by the dreaded licensing and distribution discussion.

I and others are happy to pay for use and further development of this plugin. Nevertheless, if it stops working on my installs, I need it fixed, and someone helps me fix it before an official next release, I think that’s OK, right?

No harm done, perhaps we should post the code fixes. Then you’d have to have the plugin to actually fix it.

Last edited by mrdale (2008-01-30 21:41:40)

#108 2008-01-30 21:44:27

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

yep, i also love gerhard’s work on this as this is great plugin from what i have heard. One of a kind things :)

Board footer