Textpattern Forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#21 2007-09-30 19:09:04

ruud
Developer emeritus
Website

Re: zem_contact_reborn 4.0.3.20

It’s a normal plugin (don’t use the compressed version, btw, because that’s for 4.0.4+) so you can install it like any other plugin.

The URL scheme you’re using is a bit strange, since you’re not using key=value in a normal query string (after a question mark). Do you need the product_id= part? otherwise you can use a /section/id URL scheme and do something like this:

<txp:zem_contact_secret label="Product ID"><txp:article_id /></txp:zem_contact_secret>

#22 2007-09-30 21:30:47

the_ghost
Plugin Author
Website

Hm. It seems I haven’t discovered what i need clearly:

I need to open contact page (with zem_contact_reborn 4.0.3.20) with preset value. This value must be transfered through url.

Providing help in hacking ATM! Come to courses and don’t forget to bring us notebook and hammer! What for notebook? What a kind of hacker you are without notebok?

#23 2007-10-03 11:44:06

kevinmcdougall

Hi,

I’m experiencing an odd bug with using ZCR. After I’ve created my contact forms, often when a return to edit them, I find the following inserted prior to opening fieldset tags:

<input type="hidden" name="phpMyAdmin" value="WumYLbM6zWgc9K54twnBl1G43Ab" />

Sometimes this appears more than once at the same point in the form but with a different value!?

I did modify the plugin very slightly, the forms are initially hidden and then revealed onclick using Prototype. But this caused a problem with the validation (if there are errors the form returns to it’s hidden state) so I inserted a bit of JS to trigger the form before the plugin prints the errors. It’s the only thing I can think of, but doesn’t seem a very likely culprit.

Anyone else experienced this or know how to solve it?

#24 2007-10-03 16:23:06

ruud
Developer emeritus
Website

It’s not a field that ZCR would insert.

#25 2007-10-03 16:35:22

mrdale
Website

Just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work on this plugin. Keeps getting better and better and is a default install on all my sites…

KUDOS.

#26 2007-10-04 08:39:46

ricoschette

Nice work!

Is it possible to display different ‘thank you’ note in different sections?
For example, in “Contact” page it would display ‘Thank you, your message has been sent!’ after submitting.
And on products page it would give – ‘Thank you, your order has been sent!’

#27 2007-10-04 14:00:51

ruud
Developer emeritus
Website

Sure. In the thanks_form you can use other TXP tags like <txp:if_section>

#28 2007-10-16 06:23:49

uncalau

Hi,

I am using the latest version of this plugin on a web project.
What I encounter is that in IE6 Window XP (SP2), after the message is send, the page remain at the ‘thank you’ page. Even if I click on the link back to the contact form, it stays the same until I cleared the cache manually.

This does not happen to other browsers and even IE7 on Vista works.
Could anyone share some thoughts on this and how can I make the cache work on IE6 because a large number of my potential visitors will still be relying on IE6 and most of them have not upgrade to Window Vista. I may not be possible to convince everyone to use FireFox either.

The scenario:
I use the template “Block Rocker” by Matthew Smith.
When a user click “SEND” in the contact form, the message is send and
A “Thank you” page is shown
When the user click “contact” again, the contact form shows.

However in IE6, no matter how many times you click the “contact” button,
the “Thank you” page remain….until you clear the cache….

Thank you.

#29 2007-10-16 11:44:56

ruud
Developer emeritus
Website

Sounds like a too aggressive caching algorithm in IE6. If you go to tools -> internet options -> cache settings, how often is the cache set to refresh? (automatic should be fine, I think, but ‘never’ could cause problems).
Perhaps you can avoid the problem by using the “redirect” attribute in the zem_contact tag.

#30 2007-10-16 13:38:19

uncalau

ruud,

Thanks for your suggestion. I have no idea about the IE algorithm since all my settings are by default. cache is set to automatic…. Could not really understand why IE6 is acting funny with this plugin.

I tried the “redirect”, it works. Thanks for pointing that out to me…. really appreciate your time and sharing. However, just to make sure, here is what I have done:

Step 1:
I change
<txp:zem_contact to=“user@domain.com” thanks_form=“contact_thanks” />
to
<txp:zem_contact to=“user@domain.com” redirect=“thanks” />

Step 2:
I create a new section called “thanks” and create a page for it. Then I place a ‘link’ in the thank you message to link back to the ‘contact’ page.

It works! If you have a better way of doing this, please let me know…thanks again.

Board footer