Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1357 2013-11-22 10:21:20

hilaryaq
Plugin Author
Website

Re: zem_contact_reborn 4.0.3.20

If I update the plugin with help file info and send onto you Ruud do you think you can release the whole thing or would you rather someone else take it over?

Basically the history of the html5 updates would be that I edited the plugin allowing for type as an option along with other features, Stef then sent on edits however those edits didn’t include modernizr fallback and needed tweaking to be w3c valid etc, so I spent some time integrating Stefs code into my own which has now been thoroughly tested, w3c valid, modernizr fallback etc.. As it stands now the plugin with the html5 edits is very powerful for any html5 devs..

If I had the opportunity to release this as a seperate html5 zem contact that would be the ideal, as the old plugin needs to remain for XHTML sites..

The very final thing remaining is to take all the instructions from my website and integrate into the help file..

I’m available immediately to get a full release ready, I would love to maintain a new forum thread for the renamed plugin making it html5 in the title somewhere, I can insert code suggestions and keep updating and releasing as quickly as the html5 spec changes ;) I’m excited about the potential with this and if the community gets excited about it it means lots of new code for me to integrate, maintenance will be a big thing if this would be as popular as I think it would become, and I would drive this thing on to become as big as it can be..

I intend to develop further html5 plugins for textpattern that would make the use of audio and video html5 tags really easy to insert into body article which I’m really excited about. Textpattern is so well placed to be better than the rest for html5 handling..

Anyway if we can get a new release of this on the plugin site with a maintained forum thread that would be massive progress, please let me know how this can be done and as I said I can finish the help file the plugin is 100% ready to go, if Ruud can’t maintain I’d be more than happy to as I love these edits and excited about the potential, I would love to spend a lot of time getting these edits better and better, but whatever way this can get released at all would be great as according to the plugin site there’s no html5 web form plugin for txp at all which might be putting people off using the core cms..

…………………
I <3 txp
…………………

#1358 2013-11-22 10:31:30

hilaryaq
Plugin Author
Website

Ultimately this plugin can be developed to include an easy html5 form builder and one click insertion of the form into the database, so people can go into the extensions tab, click ‘create form’ and just select values from dropdown lists, they can click to generate the equivalent textpattern form code or click to create the new form with the code inside.. Something along those lines would really turbo charge this offering.. There’s so much you can build on top of this that would help people a lot, especially people lacking experience just to make it super easy..

…………………
I <3 txp
…………………

#1359 2013-11-22 12:10:32

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

hilaryaq wrote:

Ultimately this plugin can be developed to include an easy html5 form builder and one click insertion of the form into the database…

Hi Hillary,
This sounds interesting !!!

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#1360 2013-11-23 12:28:48

sacripant
Plugin Author
Website

HTML forms in Textpattern are a recurring topic.

Implementing officially HTML5 form tags in zem_contact_form is a very good news but I shame to work on a constructor form that only allows to send emails.

Websites incorporate more and more application needs.

During the contruction of my project manager with Textpattern , I played a bit with the mem_form family (mem_simple_form, etc.) of Manfre.
It’s a really good idea : Have generic form generator of that integrates its own validation system. And after you plug a email sender, or a image/file upload system, inline éditor, or simply sending post/get variables to another page and playing with adi_gps for custom display or smd_query for update database.

I like adi_contact for define combinations in form, but it work only for sending email because he is a plug for zem_contact :(.

If the community is driven by the evolution of zem_contact, I asked him not to forget mem_form possibility and why not work on a fusion (finally all a little orphan) to create a unified family for more possibility. For more possibility that only able to send emails.

Thanks

#1361 2013-11-23 16:47:20

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

Here is the French textpack for the zem_contact_reborn HTML5 capable:

#@common
zem_contact_checkbox => Case à cocher
zem_contact_contact => Contact
zem_contact_email => Email
zem_contact_email_subject => Demande
zem_contact_email_thanks => Merci, votre message a bien été envoyé.
zem_contact_field_missing => Champ obligatoire manquant
zem_contact_form_expired => Le délai du formulaire vient d'expirer. Veuillez recommencer.
zem_contact_form_used => Le formulaire a déjà été soumis. Veuillez en remplir un nouveau.
zem_contact_general_inquiry => Demande d'ordre général
zem_contact_invalid_email => n'est pas une adresse email valide
zem_contact_invalid_host => n'est pas correctement rédigé
zem_contact_invalid_utf8 => Caractères (UTF-8) invalides
zem_contact_invalid_value => Saisie non valide
zem_contact_mail_sorry => Désolé, impossible d'envoyer votre message dans l'immédiat.
zem_contact_maxval_warning => La saisie dépasse le nombre de caractères maximum autorisés
zem_contact_max_warning => La saisie dépasse le nombre de caractères maximum autorisés
zem_contact_message => Message
zem_contact_minval_warning => La saisie ne contient pas un nombre suffisant de caractères
zem_contact_min_warning => La saisie ne contient pas un nombre suffisant de caractères
zem_contact_name => Nom
zem_contact_option => Contact
zem_contact_radio => Bouton radio
zem_contact_recipient => Recipient
zem_contact_refresh => Cliquez sur ce lien si la page ne se rafraîchissait pas automatiquement.
zem_contact_secret => Secret
zem_contact_send => Envoyer
zem_contact_send_article => Envoyer l'article
zem_contact_spam => Nous refusons catégoriquement les spam. Bien à vous.
zem_contact_text => Texte
zem_contact_to_missing => Adresse email du destinataire manquante

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

#1362 2013-12-17 11:51:06

admi
Website

Hi!

Is there any way to enable a kind of url referer in ZCR so that when I receive a message I can see a site page a message sent from if the contact form is in the side bar?

Last edited by admi (2013-12-17 12:07:55)

#1363 2013-12-17 12:00:58

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

admi wrote:

Is there any way to enable url refferer in ZCR so that when I receive a message I can see a site page a message sent from if the contact form is in the side bar?

This is untested, but you could try:

<txp:zem_contact_serverinfo name=“REQUEST_URI” label=“Page” />

#1364 2013-12-17 12:25:16

admi
Website

gaekwad wrote:

admi wrote:

Is there any way to enable url refferer in ZCR so that when I receive a message I can see a site page a message sent from if the contact form is in the side bar?

This is untested, but you could try:

<txp:zem_contact_serverinfo name=“REQUEST_URI” label=“Page” />

Thanx so much! I discover new features of ZCR every week.

#1365 2014-01-01 23:53:43

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

ruud wrote #276830:

If I don’t manage to release an update before the end of they year, I’ll hand over plugin maintanance to Stef (assuming he won’t mind).

The year has ended without an update, so I’m sending Stef the plugin files, both the current version and the various development versions I had written in the past years. These are the things that I wanted to include, most of which were already completed:

• “expire” attribute, to set a custom expiration time (in seconds) for the form
  • “delay” attribute, to set a minimum time required to fill out the form (as an anti-bot) method.
  • allowing all HTML attributes that one can normally use with form elements.
  • using rel="nofollow" for the send_article link
  • avoid errors if zem_contact_lang isn’t installed
  • deprecate current meaning of ‘min’ and ‘max’ attributes, because those exist as attributes in HTML5. Use ‘minlength’ and ‘maxlength’ instead. This also requires a change to the language files.
  • replace split(), which is deprecated since PHP 5.3, with explode()
  • remove zem_contact_mailheader() function, switch to using TXP’s encode_mailheader function (TXP 4.0.4+)
  • future: when TXP 4.6 is released, use the new mail functionality it offers.
  • allow types other than “text” for input fields (like “email”).
  • add a zem_contact_option tag, which can be used in combination with zem_contact_select for more flexible building of select lists.
  • parse the thanks_form
  • make email work when the mailserver requires the SMTP envelope sender (as set in the advanced prefs)
  • Use “To: <email@example.com>” instead of “To: email@example.com” to avoid triggering Spamassassin rule.
  • clean up code: use parse_form, doWrap,
  • Change/add callback events. The current “submit” event is used for anti-spam plugins. It should be renamed. And one should be added for when an actual email is sent.
  • add a body_form attribute to allow customizing the content of the mail body
  • add zem_contact_if, zem_contact_value and zem_contact_label tags for use in a body_form
  • documentation: add a FAQ to the plugin help….
  • documentation: multiple recipients in “to” field (comma separated)
  • documentation: hiding legend/fieldset
  • documentation: remove zem_contact_submit (keep code for historical reasons)
  • documentation: send_article, multiple recipients? No, spammy
  • documentation: incrementing number in subject => rvm_counter
  • documentation: upload files plugin mem_form + http://forum.textpattern.com/viewtopic.php?pid=226874#p226874
  • documentation: show send-article by default, without clicking link: add <txp:php>$_GET[‘zem_contact_send_article’]=‘yes’;</txp:php> above the form
  • documentation: mail don’t work (solution: set SMTP envelope sender)

I really intended to release an update, but interests have shifted and I’ve spent time on other things. In retrospect, I should’ve handed it over much sooner.

PS. Happy new year everyone.

#1366 2014-01-02 00:53:36

mrdale
Website

I have a variation of this plugin that will do multi-part mime, which allows for html/text emails and tag based control over field output. I’ll send it over to the stefster and he can judge whether it’s worthy.

Happy new year all!

#1367 2014-01-03 17:31:59

towndock
Website

Question for the reborn contact experts:

Can I send a standard response email to the sender? I don’t want the sender to be copied on the form output, but rather emailed a standard response.

Basically, the standard thank you form that displays after submitting the form, also emailed to the sender.

#1368 2014-01-10 08:59:31

dorka

Hi guys,
I’m trying to impement probably very basic functions of zcr on a page and I get this error:

Tag error: <txp:zem_contact_email label="Váš e-mail" default=""/> ->  Textpattern Notice: Unknown tag attribute: default. while parsing form kontakt on page default

here is the txp code:

<txp:zem_contact to="email@domain.com" label="">
        <txp:zem_contact_text label="Vaše jméno:"  type="text"  required="1" autocomplete="1" /> </br>
        <txp:zem_contact_email label="Váš e-mail"/>
        <txp:zem_contact_text label="Předmět:" type="text"  required="1" /> </br>
        <txp:zem_contact_textarea label="Zpráva:"/></br>
        <txp:zem_contact_submit label="Odeslat" class="butt" />
      </txp:zem_contact>

Could someone explain me why is that?
Thanks

Edit: I took the actual email out to protect your privacy.

Last edited by colak (2014-01-10 09:03:45)

Board footer