Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2007-09-26 13:22:11

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Netfirms and clean URLs - Expert Help Needed

Sencer wrote:

I am in touch with Dan from netfirms. I have a picture of the situation and an idea on how to implement a workaround. Whether it’ll be a 100% solution or 98% solution (like the “partly messy” solution that uses 404s, which is descirbed in the weblog a while ago) we’ll see. I’ll let you guys know when I have something ready.

i attempted to use the 404 method outlined on the web devlog and all the articles permlinks just ended up as 404 errors. gah! hell with netfirms.

my current setup is as follows: one main webroot with several addon domains. each domain is attached to a subdirectory like so:

/www/domainname.com
/www/anotherdomain.com
/www/yetanotherdomain.com

netfirms claims the following:

The following .htaccess commands are supported:

AuthType (also AuthGroupFile, AuthName, AuthUserFile)
ErrorDocument
RewriteEngine (RewriteRule, RewriteBase, RewriteCond)
Options
IndexOptions
IndexIgnore

is there anything i should need to know about setting up a correct .htaccess file in order to get clean urls working on domains pointing at subdirectories? at the moment, each subdirectory contains the standard htaccess file that textpattern ships with. for example in order to use the 404 method, should i be adding ErrorDocument 404 /domainname.com/index.php instead of just ErrorDocument 404 index.php since its technically in a subdirectory on the webserver but served as a full domain? (i’ve commented out everything pertaining to mod_rewrite in the file as well)

at the moment when i use: ErrorDocument 404 index.php i get a blank white page with:

Not Found
The requested URL /section-name/article-title was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

and when i use ErrorDocument 404 /domainname.com/index.php i get textpatterns own default error 404 page.

it seems like the latter method is the workable one but its still not serving the right content? anything else i can do to provide helpful debugging info?

#14 2007-10-10 21:36:05

lozmatic
Website

Re: Netfirms and clean URLs - Expert Help Needed

Had a similar issu with netfirms and ended up switching to a different host.

Board footer