2. » Archives
  3. » [archived] mdp_SectionMenu

#37 2004-09-23 23:25:21

greenrift
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: [archived] mdp_SectionMenu

> mattwebb wrote:
> Taking “home” out just makes it render nothing at all ! :-O !

Maybe try uninstalling the plugin and installing again? I try to recreate your situation but I can’t duplicate it at all.

<txp:mdp_sectionmenu id="nav" order="home,contact" /> does not work? And you are positive you have nothing in your style sheet that would make an element with id equal to ‘nav’ not appear?

#38 2004-09-24 08:42:24

mattwebb
Website

Ok. Ive sorted it…. i dont know what it was that was doing it, but i made a test with a fresh install of textpattern, and now its fixed.

wierdness hey !

While i am here.. Does anybody know how to change the default section name of “home” ? For example, what if i want it to say “bob” instead ???

Last edited by mattwebb (2004-09-24 08:42:42)

Dont worry… The flash site is being re-developed with txp !

#39 2004-09-30 08:28:21

mattwebb
Website

Hey hey !! Me again ! :)

Ive been playing around out of my curiosity to find out what was going wrong before, i have found that if you have your section names in caps, AND use the “order” option. The section menu breaks and only displays “home”.

Im not much of a PHP whizz… so i was wondering if anyone can help me. I want to do 2 things:

1) Make it so i can have my section names in caps AND use the order function.

2) find out how i can change the default “Home” to “HOME

Any clues ??

Matt

#40 2004-09-30 14:10:50

greenrift
Archived Plugin Author
Website

> mattwebb wrote:

> Hey hey !! Me again ! :)

Ive been playing around out of my curiosity to find out what was going wrong before, i have found that if you have your section names in caps, AND use the “order” option. The section menu breaks and only displays “home”.

Im not much of a PHP whizz… so i was wondering if anyone can help me. I want to do 2 things:

1) Make it so i can have my section names in caps AND use the order function.

2) find out how i can change the default “Home” to “HOME

Any clues ??

Matt

I just had an idea on how I could do that, allow user text transformations in the actual code itself. You could use the CSS property “text-transform” to do that, though. Search google for it to get some more information

#41 2004-09-30 14:25:25

mattwebb
Website

…… blasphemy

You are right ! dammit… my thoughts were so damn focused on textpattern itself, i didnt think to look in to an alternative such as that, also that is a css property i never use..

…… and it works.

champion !

CHEERS !

#42 2005-02-04 16:38:08

theturninggate
Website

Does this plugin work when you use messy urls? Doesn’t seem to for me.

#43 2005-02-07 22:21:24

andjules

I made a couple of hacks in my install – urlencoding where appropriate to have section names with spaces and yet appropriate hrefs and ids.

1) changed
$tagatts[] = ($sect 'default') ? ' href="'.$pfr.'"' : ' href="'.$pfr.$sect.'"'; to $tagatts[] = ($sect ‘default’) ? ‘ href=”’.$pfr.’”’ : ‘ href=”’.$pfr.urlencode($sect).’”’;
2) changed
$tagatts[] = ‘ id=“menu_’.strtolower($sectionname).’”’;
to
$tagatts[] = ‘ id=“menu_’.strtolower(urlencode($sectionname)).’”’;
3) changed
$content = tag(ucwords($sectionname),‘span’);
to
$content = tag($sectionname,‘span’);
(i didn’t want auto-capitalization!)

thought this might help someone other than me
i also found that i had to change my section-named, extensionless text files (for clean URLs) to use ‘+’ in the name where you’d have a space

and theturninggate… yes, i had trouble with messy urls too. didn’t spend much time on it, though.

#44 2005-02-08 05:20:12

icubyx

HI…I’ve been looking for a plugin which lets me do exactly things that this plugin does. Feel this should have been in the core TxP itself.
I also want the current section to be highlighted / differentiated in some way. Any ideas how I could this?
Thanks!

only change is constant

#45 2005-02-08 14:48:19

andjules

icubyx:
“I also want the current section to be highlighted / differentiated in some way”
this is built in to the plugin. the current section is given class=“active”… so add an .active class to your css and you’ve got your differentiated-current-section.

#46 2005-02-08 22:03:31

NikLP
Website

This doesn’t seem to work at all… Are there any prerequisites like having an ID tag or something? I have messy urls turned on, and this churns out clean ones which don’t work; noshow doesn’t work for me in any capacity, what’s going on dudes? :/

#47 2005-02-10 19:08:03

NikLP
Website

Well, I couldn’t get this to work with messy so I put clean urls back on, it seems to work ok like that.

Just one thing, how do I get rid of the ‘home’ menu option?
I’ve tried <- txp:mdp_sectionmenu noshow=“home” -/> but it doesn’t work for some reason?

Last edited by NikLP (2005-02-10 19:08:37)

#48 2005-02-10 21:16:29

andjules

I noticed someone said the same thing in an earlier post. On a longshot, you could try ‘default’ intead of home, but i simply used something like: order=“products,services,company,contact,legal”(instead of noshow=“home”); when you use the ‘order’ parameter, it leaves out any sections you DON’T mention. bit of an ass-backwards workaround, but it’ll do.

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » [archived] mdp_SectionMenu

Board footer