Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2007-09-16 10:08:14

alfette

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] ike_slideshow

hey ikebowen,
wow. this little change has fixed my problem. have a nice sunny sunday! ciao, alfette

#26 2007-09-30 14:37:10

jstubbs
Website

Wonderful plugin. Thanks!

Question – what is the best way to link to the image categories? For example, I would like to show one slideshow in a section called photos, and list the image categories on the side of the page. Click on an image category (for example, the “work” image category), and a slideshow opens up, featuring all the images from the work category.

#27 2007-10-09 19:32:47

ikebowen
Archived Plugin Author
Website

For a truly “live” gallery along those lines… hm. The easiest thing to do would be to modify the plugin directly, I think. Insert the following code after line 19 ($slideshow_id...):

if ( !empty( $_REQUEST['c'] ) )
	$category = $_REQUEST['c'];

(I’ll add something to this effect in the next release.) With this in place, the plugin will look for whichever category the user has selected. You can display the list of image categories with a tag along these lines:

<txp:category_list label="Photo Categories" this_section="1" type="image" />

Hope this helps -

#28 2007-10-11 18:55:07

jstubbs
Website

Mmmm…not quite working for me yet. I have this in the page:

<txp:ike_slideshow category="Naples,facilities,players" loop="1" show="caption,pagination" />
<txp:category_list label="Categories" type="image" wraptag="p" break="br" />

Which displays all 14 images from the various categories. Underneath, I can see all the category links as expected. Clicking on a category link brings up the same 14 images again.

Note: Have placed the above code in the default page, and have edited the plugin as per your suggestion above.

Thanks for the help!

Edit: Changing the slideshow tag to:

<txp:ike_slideshow loop="1" show="caption,pagination" />

Brings: “No valid image IDs given/found. Categories”, then a list of category links. Clicking on the links does not bring up any images at all.

Last edited by jstubbs (2007-10-11 19:00:01)

#29 2007-10-11 19:05:17

ikebowen
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Odd. It’s possible that it’s because you have categories explicitly set for the plugin, though that shouldn’t be the case. Is there a public url where you have this implemented?

#30 2007-10-11 19:18:10

jstubbs
Website

Not currently – I am on localhost. I have another version on a live site, but the tags are not in the default page, so the category links don’t show up anyway.

#31 2007-10-11 19:18:47

masa

I agree, this is a wonderful plugin :-)

I was wondering whether you might consider adding two options in a future update…

• auto-play
  • displaying a simple, linked image list in the form of 1|2|3|4|5| etc. as an alternative to the current paginating/controls option

?

Cheers Martin

#32 2007-10-13 07:45:55

tmcdaily

Thanks so much for writing this plugin; it’s exactly what I need. Couple questions:

How do i change the look of the control buttons? Can I change it to say prev/next? Or can I use images?

Also, I can’t figure out why the images are centered in the div on my page, and not top-aligned like I’d like them to be. I’ve played around with the css (mine and yours) and can’t seem to get it to work … any ideas?

http://www.tmcphoto.com/cms/nitelife/

Thanks in advance.

#33 2007-10-13 07:58:23

jstubbs
Website

Your style sheet is not getting loaded as far as I can see, tmcdaily. Check the path for styles.css in your page, or perhaps you forgot to include the slideshow css?

#34 2007-10-13 21:52:43

tmcdaily

i appended the ike_slideshow styles to my existing styles.css page. i was able to successfully change the font size of the controls, and to right align the controls (the original ike_slideshow had them center aligned). i just don’t/can’t see where to change the characters for the controls, or why the image isn’t aligning properly in my div#photo.

#35 2007-10-15 17:30:41

ikebowen
Archived Plugin Author
Website

The characters aren’t set up to be easily changed in this release (/me adds todo), but you can manually change them without much trouble. The pertinent HTML blocks for the backward/forward links are on lines 141 and 143 of the installed plugin code – replace &lsaquo; and &rsaquo;, respectively, with whatever you wish.

And along the lines of what jstubbs mentioned – it does seem that the style reference isn’t loading quite correctly. Changing the reference from styles.css to ../styles.css (or http://www.tmcphoto.com/cms/styles.css; might be safer) should fix the problem.

Cheers -

#36 2007-10-15 17:44:54

masa

ikebowen wrote:

The pertinent HTML blocks for the backward/forward links are on lines 141 and 143 of the installed plugin code – replace &lsaquo; and &rsaquo;, respectively, with whatever you wish.

Thanks, I had been wondering how to achieve that, too.

Cheers Martin

Board footer