Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2007-06-03 14:39:55

transph0rmer

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] ike_slideshow

ikebowen wrote:

Version 0.02 has been released – check out the info page. I think I covered everything except image category slideshows. ;) Saving that for version v0.1.

Sounds Is great, wanna try it out but your website’s been down for the last few hours. I’ll try it later. Awesome. Simple, yet stylish.

Last edited by transph0rmer (2007-06-03 17:37:32)

#14 2007-06-04 19:58:41

transph0rmer

Hi, once again I want to tell you that I find your plugin the most useful slideshow plugin for Textpattern. I’m currently developing a site for an artist.
Many fine art guys are not too much into animated slideshows since they think more in print. An animated slideshow, but also that lightbox thing (though its amazing success and really great attemps like smd_slimbox) often seems a little bit cheesy to them.

I’ve been playing around with ike_slideshow 0.02 and here are some feature requests of which I don’t know how easy or hard to implement they are. Whether some of them will be in future releases or not, keep up the good work. I really appreciate it.

• link from the last image to the first again, makin an endless loop
  • show=“title”
  • css classes for back and forward link

Best from G8, Rostock
Claus

P.S.
I get an error Message (on XAMPP/WindowsXP)

tag_error <txp:ike_slideshow_article show="pagination" link="article" /> -> Warning: Missing argument 1 for permlink(), called in C:\web\root\textpattern\lib\txplib_misc.php(512) : eval()'d code on line 90 and defined on line 2382

when using the script like that

<txp:ike_slideshow_article show="pagination" link="article" />

Last edited by transph0rmer (2007-06-04 20:05:24)

#15 2007-06-05 06:06:50

ikebowen
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Hi transph0rmer,

Glad you’re making good use of the plugin. :) Your suggestions are on the list for the next release. In the meantime, CSS classes are already used – the back link is ike-slideshow-back, the forward link is ike-slideshow-forward.

I’ll look further into the error in a bit.

Cheers -

#16 2007-06-18 21:19:31

lee

Hi ikebowen,

any chance of making your lovely plugin read image id’s from the article image box on the write/advanced tab?

That would I think make it even simpler for non tech clients.

Thanks, Lee.

#17 2007-06-19 02:26:07

ikebowen
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Yep, transph0rmer requested that and it was implemented in v0.02. Use <txp:ike_slideshow_article /> – it reads from Article image and has all of the same behaviors as txp:ike_slideshow does.

#18 2007-07-03 21:44:13

heternova

hi ike, probably a stupid question…i’m not an expert. is it possible to have thums and not the 2 links previous/next?
many thanks for your work, i suppose you’re investing your free time in this code. thank.
heter

#19 2007-08-24 01:58:47

progre55

ikebowen

Great plug in, not sure why I missed it before.

I know it has been asked, but I will ask again, any chance on it accepting image categories? I know you said this will be in .1, I was just hoping on some time frame ….

progre55

#20 2007-08-30 02:26:19

ikebowen
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Hey all – thanks for the messages and such. I’m finally back at school and have a few more hours of free time to put back into work on this. Watch for a release in the next week or two.

Cheers -

#21 2007-09-14 13:44:57

alfette

hey ikebowen,

thank you very much for your plugin! allthough i’m not a textpattern-expert i got it to work! supergenial!

i just have two questions:

1. in my site the slideshow only works with messy-urls. if i use another url-format (f.e. section/id/titel) the prev/next-links don’t work. I have seen that you use in your site not the messy-url format – and it works ;-) !
do you have any idea what i did wrong?
i use the slideshow-tag in the article-form, not in the article itself. but i tried to use it in the article, but it doesn’t work either.

2. is it possible to bring the prev/next-link above the picture or maybe even right beside of it?

once again: thanks a lot! alfette

Last edited by alfette (2007-09-14 13:53:47)

#22 2007-09-15 08:03:02

ikebowen
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Hello all -

ike_slideshow v0.1 is now available – have at it. Slideshows by category and slideshow loops have been implemented, along with a few other features and a general cleaning-up of the preexisting code. Make sure to update your CSS and Javascript accordingly.

If you see any problems with this release, please let me know asap.

alfette: I’m not sure what the problem would be with smart URLs – I’ve never seen any issues with this. Do you have a link that we could look at? And it could be possible to move the forward/backward links – I’ll add that to the todo list.

Cheers -

Last edited by ikebowen (2007-09-15 08:03:22)

#23 2007-09-15 14:47:30

alfette

hey ikebowen,

here i send two links, in which you can see the problem:

no-problem-link: this is the startpage with no article-url.
problem-link with smart-urls. The image is not loading.

the two links show the same article, build be the same page-template.

Thank you for helping me with this.

ciao, alfette

PS: don’t worry about the design, it’s not finished…
PPS: i upgraded to the version 0.1, and i like the loop very much.
PPS: i just switched the prev/next-link to the german words for that. nothing else is changed.

#24 2007-09-15 16:08:22

ikebowen
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Fortunately, this should be a fairly simple fix. In the <head> section of your HTML where you reference the slideshow javascript, change src="slideshow.js" to src="/slideshow.js". When you have smart URLs enabled, the browser believes it is looking at nested directories and tries to find slideshow.js within them. In this case, it’s trying to find http://foto.chakraverty.de/foto/2/ein-weiterer-test/slideshow.js, which doesn’t exist. Changing the reference to /slideshow.js will ensure that the browser looks for the file in the correct spot.

And don’t worry about the unfinished design – I quite like where you’re going with it. :)

Cheers -

Board footer