#97 2007-11-15 10:22:50

ultramega

Re: aro_slideshow v2

Orderby=“random”

#98 2007-12-06 22:42:43

jstubbs
Website

Trying this plugin again, abut getting errors. Only the first image in a category displays – the javascript is not working. I see this error in Firebug:

fx is not defined

I use stm_javascript to store the JS, and then have this in the header:

<txp:js n="mootools" />
<txp:js n="slideshow" />

In the article form:

<txp:aro_slideshow category="test" limit="20" type="fade" resize="false" width="500" height="300" show="caption" navigation="thumbnails fast" />

Anyone know the best way to get the JS to work? I tried downloading the entire mootools, and compressing/uncompressing.

#99 2007-12-07 18:32:53

jstubbs
Website

OK I think I found the problem, just don’t know how to solve it. I have this in my header form:

<!-- JS -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="<txp:site_url />textpattern/JS/mootools.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<txp:site_url />textpattern/JS/slideshow.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<txp:site_url />textpattern/jquery.js"></script>
<txp:js />

The first two are required by Slideshow, then I have jquery.js for a menu drop-down, which is in the last tag, provided by stm_javascript.

The slideshow does not work UNLESS I take out the jquery.js tag. Any idea why it should be a problem??

#100 2007-12-07 18:40:37

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

you’re generally only supposed to use one js library or there will most likely be conflicts. if thats the case you’ll probably have to take advantage of jquerys noConflict() function (not sure what mootools equivalent is)

#101 2007-12-07 18:45:47

jstubbs
Website

OK did not know that. Makes sense. Does aro_slideshow support jquery yet?

#102 2007-12-07 19:04:09

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

jstubbs wrote:

OK did not know that. Makes sense. Does aro_slideshow support jquery yet?

no idea but you should be able to use noConflict for jquery and then you can use both jquery and mootools together with no issues.

for more info on noConflict : http://docs.jquery.com/Using_jQuery_with_Other_Libraries

#103 2007-12-07 20:46:12

jstubbs
Website

Hey Steve, tried the code from that page and ended up with a lot of errors. I don’t know javascript which does not help :-( You have an idea which part of the code will make mootools for aro_slideshow and jquery work together?

#104 2007-12-09 11:44:32

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

jstubbs wrote:

You have an idea which part of the code will make mootools for aro_slideshow and jquery work together?

I don’t think mootools has an equivalent to noConflict() — it’s all me me me — but you should be able to do the following to resolve the conflict with jquery:

<script type="text/javascript" src="<txp:site_url />textpattern/JS/mootools.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<txp:site_url />textpattern/JS/slideshow.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<txp:site_url />textpattern/jquery.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
  var $j = jQuery.noConflict();
</script>
<txp:js />

Then, if you or any plugins are using jquery anywhere in your page, any time they need to refer to jquery they should use $j('something') instead of just $('something'). Another option is to use:

<script type="text/javascript">
  jQuery.noConflict();
</script>

which means you have to refer to jquery like this instead: jQuery('something'). I prefer the first because it’s less typing in the long run, but either will work.

The annoying thing is that a lot of plugins (mine included) are written assuming that only one or the other js library is loaded and have no provision to override the variable in case of a clash. I’ve tried to avert that with one of my recent plugins (smd_pullquote) and I intend to revisit smd_slimbox to help with clashes (if I can find a way round it) when I extend it to support other lightboxes. That in turn should help this plugin because it relies on my library. In the meantime, hope this info is useful.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#105 2007-12-09 12:02:59

jstubbs
Website

Hi Stef, thanks for the post. My main problem has been getting aro_slideshow and ras_rollover_text to work together. Rick posted starting here on a solution to the problem. In fact, he kindly updated his plugin, and now, it just works…

Strange thing I am seeing with aro_slideshow though – on my test page, when an image is faded in, I notice that other parts of the page also fade in and out. Think bold text to normal text. That type of fade. In areas that have nothing to do with aro_slideshow.

This only happens in Firefox and Camino, not Opera or Safari (I am on a Mac).

I’ve got this in my slideshow form:

<txp:aro_slideshow category="test" type="fade" duration="[2000, 4000]" height="300" width="475" resize="false" />

And this in the style sheet – any ideas what could be happening?

div.slideshow {
  margin: 0 auto;
}
div.slideshow p { display: none }

div.slideshow ul {
  background: #FFF;
  bottom: -35px;
  left: 0px;
  position: absolute;
  overflow: hidden;
  padding: 5px 0;
  z-index: 10000;
}
div.slideshow ul a {
  background-position: 50% 50%;
  cursor: pointer;
  display: block;
  height: 25px;
  margin-right: 5px;
  opacity: 0.5;
  width: 30px;
}
div.slideshow ul a.active,
div.slideshow ul a:hover {
  opacity: 1;
}
div.slideshow ul li {
  float: left;
  list-style: none;
}

div.slideshow div { padding: 0;
	border-style: none;
} div.slideshow img { padding: 0;
	border-style: none;
}

#106 2007-12-09 12:12:16

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

jstubbs wrote:

on my test page, when an image is faded in, I notice that other parts of the page also fade in and out.

Weird, sounds like a mootools issue on the surface, but I thought they sorted all that stuff out with v1.11. I know if you have other content like <embed> tags and video things can get pretty weird (noticed it with slimbox), but I’ve not seen normal text go strange.

Can you post a link to the page (or send it to me privately)?

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#107 2007-12-09 12:22:13

jstubbs
Website

Hi Stef, I sent you a message via your site contact form. Thanks.

#108 2007-12-14 14:16:39

modman

Hello guys. While searching to find slideshow for mootols, I found this one. I’ve tried it and now i’am using it for a while. But after a while I’ve got an idea for some project but now I would need to get some help about it. I would need that transitions would be random. Would it be possible to do it without rewriting all the code for slideshow?

Thanks …

Board footer