Textpattern Forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#61 2007-08-21 18:42:30

rloaderro
Plugin Author
From: Costa Rica
Registered: 2006-01-05
Posts: 190
Website

Re: aro_slideshow v2

sbhebert wrote:

Two squished, two normal, two squished, two normal…

That is odd. I would suggest trying the slideshow with the resize="false" parameter and to make sure you are specifying a height and width for the slideshow. If neither of those has any affect try posting the URL of the site to the forum and I’ll see if I can take a look.


Travel Atlas * Org | Start Somewhere

Offline

#62 2007-08-21 19:07:54

sbhebert
New Member
Registered: 2007-08-21
Posts: 5

Re: aro_slideshow v2

rloaderro wrote:

That is odd. I would suggest trying the slideshow with the resize="false" parameter and to make sure you are specifying a height and width for the slideshow. If neither of those has any affect try posting the URL of the site to the forum and I’ll see if I can take a look.

I have tried that. Here is exactly what the code in my page looks like:
<txp:aro_slideshow category=“mainSlideShow” duration=”[4000, 1000]” orderby=“random” height=“400” width=“960” resize=“false” />

Unfortunately, the site is in development on a local server, and I can’t give you the URL.

Last edited by sbhebert (2007-08-21 19:08:52)

Offline

#63 2007-08-21 19:13:21

rloaderro
Plugin Author
From: Costa Rica
Registered: 2006-01-05
Posts: 190
Website

Re: aro_slideshow v2

sbhebert wrote:

I have tried that. Here is exactly what the code in my page looks like:

Well, the code looks alright – from what I remember – I guess try to make sure the height / width of the HTML for the default <IMG> is set correctly. Also check to make sure there is no CSS specifying a height / width for images on the page that might be conflicting with the slideshow – and / or another javascript (like drop shadows, reflections, overlays, etc..)


Travel Atlas * Org | Start Somewhere

Offline

#64 2007-08-21 19:16:31

sbhebert
New Member
Registered: 2007-08-21
Posts: 5

Re: aro_slideshow v2

rloaderro wrote:

Well, the code looks alright – from what I remember – I guess try to make sure the height / width of the HTML for the default <IMG> is set correctly. Also check to make sure there is no CSS specifying a height / width for images on the page that might be conflicting with the slideshow – and / or another javascript (like drop shadows, reflections, overlays, etc..)

I will check this, however, looking at it further I noticed that the images aren’t being squished. Rather, they are just shifted up a few pixels. The top is being cropped.

Offline

#65 2007-08-21 19:25:44

rloaderro
Plugin Author
From: Costa Rica
Registered: 2006-01-05
Posts: 190
Website

Re: aro_slideshow v2

sbhebert wrote:

I will check this, however, looking at it further I noticed that the images aren’t being squished. Rather, they are just shifted up a few pixels. The top is being cropped.

In that case check the reply to claire just above your first post.


Travel Atlas * Org | Start Somewhere

Offline

#66 2007-08-21 19:41:25

sbhebert
New Member
Registered: 2007-08-21
Posts: 5

Re: aro_slideshow v2

rloaderro wrote:

In that case check the reply to claire just above your first post.

Not sure exactly how that applies. For some reason every 3rd and 4th image is being shifted up a certain number of pixels, while the 1st and 2nd images are right where I want them.

Currently, I have no css defined for any “img” tags that would effect the slideshow.

Perplexing…

Offline

#67 2007-08-21 20:30:17

sbhebert
New Member
Registered: 2007-08-21
Posts: 5

Re: aro_slideshow v2

I was able to fix the issue by defining margins for pretty much everything: the div that contains the slideshow, the class .slideshow, and the img. Dunno why, but it appears that the img stuff is only affecting those 3rd and 4th pics. Strange…

Offline

#68 2007-09-03 11:47:51

fuls
Member
Registered: 2005-11-16
Posts: 117
Website

Re: aro_slideshow v2

Hi,

Is there a way to make the slideshow article dependant? For example by just inserting image IDs inside article and without adding the category option inside the form or image id inside the form.
To put it another way: How can user without access to forms add photos to article? I hope you understand what I’m trying to do here.

Thank you!

Offline

#69 2007-09-03 15:44:46

rloaderro
Plugin Author
From: Costa Rica
Registered: 2006-01-05
Posts: 190
Website

Re: aro_slideshow v2

fuls wrote:

Is there a way to make the slideshow article dependant?

Of course. Check out the thread on smd_slimbox for detailed instructions. ATM aro_slideshow supports most – but not all – smd conventions. I haven’t read his thread in a while but I believe you would set the form to something like: <txp:aro_slideshow imageid="?article_image" /> where the article image field could then contain a list of image id’s. But don’t quote me ;)

Last edited by rloaderro (2007-09-03 15:45:01)


Travel Atlas * Org | Start Somewhere

Offline

#70 2007-09-06 20:59:23

mrdale
Moderator
From: Walla Walla
Registered: 2004-11-19
Posts: 2,051
Website

Re: aro_slideshow v2

>rloaderro

  1. Is it possible to have the slideshow run through once and then stop?
  2. Did you ever get around to adding the initial image (subsequently not used in the slideshow)?

Big props for this plugin.

[Edit] When in doubt, read the mootools forum. Duh.

So #1 and #2 are both possible by calling the script manually. BUT: It would be nice to keep using the plugin though. As these are common requests, could we (asks super polietely) get these available via attributes?

[cranks up wet_for_each_image and wondertag]

Last edited by mrdale (2007-09-06 21:14:43)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB