Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#49 2007-05-18 14:38:45

maverick
Website

Re: wet_quicklink: Quick internal link builder

wet wrote:

No, any jQuery will be fine.

I tried using the local jQuery, just in case that was the issue (I’m not well versed in javascript, so it was a shot in the dark). It made no difference.

Thanks for the help. I’ve posted in zem_event to see if anyone there has the conflict and/or any ideas.

Mike

#50 2007-05-18 19:58:02

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

I could eventually help you if you I saw the HTML source of the whole content > write screen (not just the article but the whole browser window). Post it either here, or better yet at a pastebin service.

#51 2007-05-20 22:11:25

rayne
Website

This plugin in exactly what I was looking for, but I can’t seem to use it properly.

Trying to use permlink (preferred method of linking in case my url structure changes in the future) does some weird things when I try to view the article live. It seems like it’s cutting of part of the entry and leaving the “article form” hanging therefore messing up the structure of my page.

Using textile, URL or HTML the date doesn’t come out right. My url structure in my preferences is year/month/day/title. It inserts 1969/12/31 for every link. The popup shows the right article dates, but doesn’t insert them correctly into my article.

Also get this error in my article “write” admin page:

Notice: Undefined index: help in /pathto/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(512) : eval()’d code on line 65

Could this error be causing the trouble?

Rayne
mama love

#52 2007-05-21 05:18:16

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

rayne wrote:

Trying to use permlink (preferred method of linking in case my url structure changes in the future) does some weird things when I try to view the article live. It seems like it’s cutting of part of the entry and leaving the “article form” hanging therefore messing up the structure of my page.

I don’t not think this could be caused by wet_quicklink.

My url structure in my preferences is year/month/day/title. It inserts 1969/12/31 for every link.

Thanks for catching this. This is a bug, I will release a fixed version.

Also get this error in my article “write” admin page:
Notice: Undefined index: help in /pathto/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(512) : eval()’d code on line 65
Could this error be causing the trouble?

Probably not. What other plugins do you use on the write page?

#53 2007-05-21 06:07:03

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

wet_peex 0.3 corrects a bug which affected the correct generation of HTML URLs when the site was operating in /year/month/day/title permanent link mode.

#54 2007-05-21 13:39:16

rayne
Website

Thanks for the fix on URL structure!

Does anyone know why I might be getting errors when trying to use permlink tag in my article body?

As for the error on the write page, I only get it when the wet_quicklink plugin is active. If I de-activate the plugin the error message goes away.

Rayne
mama love

#55 2007-05-25 14:13:17

rayne
Website

rayne wrote:

As for the error on the write page, I only get it when the wet_quicklink plugin is active. If I de-activate the plugin the error message goes away.

Can anyone figure out why I’m getting this error?

Last edited by rayne (2007-05-25 14:13:47)

Rayne
mama love

#56 2007-05-25 15:11:44

rayne
Website

I fixed my error. I realized it was because of my language file. So I updated it and the error went away. Apparently in my old language file, ‘help’ was in there, so that’s why I was getting an error.

Since I don’t use Markdown or zem_link I commented those out as well so they no longer appear in my drop down.

Still don’t know why permlink tag doesn’t work in my article body. Should it?

Last edited by rayne (2007-05-25 15:19:13)

Rayne
mama love

#57 2007-05-25 15:58:48

rayne
Website

Figured out my problem. I’m using Textile in my articles, so it’s parsing the txp tag.

Modified the plugin to use ==<txp:permlink></txp:permlink>== so that textile will not parse it. Works correctly now. :)

Rayne
mama love

#58 2007-05-31 17:42:52

jameslomax
Website

Nice!
I didn’t realise how annoying it was when you hunt through past articles, cut and paste URLs etc, until I tried this and understood there’s a much better way of linking.

#59 2007-06-10 21:08:50

jim_klee

Hi all,

yeah great plugin…. seems to be functioning but i’m worried about the following error i’m also getting on the write page when wet_quicklink is activiated:

Notice: Undefined index: help in …/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(512) : eval()’d code on line 64

I can’t seem to get it to disappear. Here are the other plugins I use:

art_meta_description Arthur Nowak 0.1 Adds “description” meta tag bulit from the first words of the content yes View edit
asy_sitemap Sencer Yurdaguel 0.7 Generates a gz-compressed Google-Sitemap. yes View edit
chh_article_custom Coke Harrington 1.15 An enhanced replacement for txp:article and txp:article_custom. yes View edit
chh_article_lib Coke Harrington 1.04 Function library for article list plugins. yes View edit
ebl_BatchUpload Eric Limegrover 1.0 Adds Multiple Upload Capability to Textpattern yes View edit
fpx_image_import Dirk Steins 0.3 Image import plugin. Based on aba_import_image yes View edit
rss_admin_db_manager Rob Sable 4.3 Database management system. yes View edit
rss_admin_show_adv_opts Rob Sable 0.3 Automatically expand article advanced options. yes View edit
rss_auto_excerpt Rob Sable 0.4 Automatic article excerpts yes View edit
tcm_if_article_image Tom MacWright 0.1 yes Conditional plugin displays code if there is an article image specified. yes View edit
tru_podcast Nathan Arthur 1.1 Podcasting support for Textpattern yes View edit
upm_image Mary Fredborg 0.6 More powerful image display. yes View edit
wet_article_thumb Robert Wetzlmayr 0.2 Displays the thumbnail for an article’s image with an optional link to the article. yes wet_peex Robert Wetzlmayr 0.3 Peek into Textpattern using XML yes View edit
wet_quicklink Robert Wetzlmayr 0.4.2 yes Pick and insert site internal links into articles yes View edit
zem_contact_lang TXP Community 4.0.3.6 Language plug-in for Zem Contact Reborn yes View edit
zem_contact_reborn

Any suggestions? Is this a critical error? (Could it cause too many connections to be open to the DB? I saw this error today on my site and thought it might be related)

-jim

#60 2007-06-11 04:04:40

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

Probably you’ll need to apply the same measure as noted above.

Board footer