Textpattern Forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#21 2007-02-27 20:33:31

wet
Developer
Website

Re: wet_quicklink: Quick internal link builder

A security measure established by your hosting company to block crackers from posting malicious javascript code through web forms.

Unfortunately, this is exactly what the Textpattern plugin installer does from a technical point of view (no malicious code, of course), and wet_quicklink contains javascript as it is partially running on the front end (browser) while wet_peex is the backend part containing just PHP (server-side program).

There’s nothing I can do about it, you will have to talk to your hosting company to adjust their mod_security settings at least for the directory where textpattern ist installed in (usually http://www.yoursite.com/textpattern).

#22 2007-02-28 07:13:17

wet
Developer
Website

FYI: jQuery 1.1.2 was just released. wet_quicklink works as intended with this latest version.

#23 2007-03-01 09:05:58

Jeremie
Website

Thanks Wet.

#24 2007-03-03 15:49:29

jstubbs
Website

Robert, questions re this plugin:

1. Can we use stm_javascript with your plugin, rather than creating another JS folder on the server?

2. Any issues with using mootools and jquery at the same time?

3. Any reason for using jquery over mootolols? (I don’t know anything about JavaScript, so if its a dumb question, sorry!)

TXP Tips | @txptips | Me | @jonathanstubbs | Github

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp @txpbuilders

#25 2007-03-03 17:02:26

wet
Developer
Website

jstubbs wrote:

1. Can we use stm_javascript with your plugin, rather than creating another JS folder on the server?

No. stm_javascript stores Javascript content to make it available as a front end tag. wet_quicklink uses jQuery for the back end, so it doesn’t quite fit. jQuery’s location as wet_quicklink expects it is the one where jQuery is also located in the Textpattern development code branch

2. Any issues with using mootools and jquery at the same time?

Depends on your definition of “the same time”. wet_quicklink is only active while the “content > edit” screen is visible. mootools would only be active if ther was a second plugin enhancing this screen which uses mootools. As both libraries implement a function or object named $, they will probably collide in such instances.

3. Any reason for using jquery over mootolols?

I am just following vague hints about the future “standard” Textpattern JS library from Alex Shiels as visible in the crockery branch. No technical pros/cons.

A propos: You might have fun with a recent discussion at Wolfgang Bartelme’s blog on the topic of JS libraries. Nate Cavanaugh has some good points in the comments there, I think, especially when you consider industry adoption.

Last edited by wet (2007-03-03 17:02:42)

#26 2007-04-06 07:09:32

wet
Developer
Website

wet_quicklink v0.3 loads jQuery from the public location hosted by Amazon S3 as advised by John Resig’s post Google Groups and Amazon S3. wet_quicklink has also been modified to use the most up-to-date version of jQuery whenever it becomes available, with high hopes that John won’t break anything on new releases ;-)

Additionally to the benefits John mentions in his post, this also simplifies deployment of wet_quicklink on the user’s site. Caveat for the paranoid: Your site will appear as a referrer in Amazon’s logs.

btw: The accompanying wet_peex is unaltered. Do not re-install wet_peex.

#27 2007-04-17 07:36:23

tarislav

Please could you tell my this plugin doesn’t work with hak_tinymce plugin (wet_ doesn’t switch at all). Works well with mic_tinymce plugin but when I save information it removes all <txp: /> tags.

Maybe somebody knows how make it function well?

#28 2007-04-21 04:58:09

wet
Developer
Website

Updated a helper plugin to wet_quicklink, wet_peex, to version 0.2 to make it work with multi-byte-challenged installations of PHP (hat tip: Ruud).

• No functional changes
  • Update is recommended, if you cannot see any article text but just an ellipsis (…) while poking for links.

Last edited by wet (2007-04-21 04:58:41)

#29 2007-04-25 23:28:23

nardo

wet man – when selecting precisely a word or phrase and wet-linking it, I get a space after the closing permlink tag… is this my install/setup, or a feature?

#30 2007-04-26 04:12:23

wet
Developer
Website

I added the trailing space on purpose, but now I’m not sure if I still consider this a feature or rather changed this behaviour… Let me think about it for a moment.

Board footer