Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2004-06-10 05:18:18

Caged
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: mdp_Automatic Thumbnail's

Well, its been my experience that with gd versions older than 2, quality is a bit poor regardless of its settings, due to it not creating a true color image and also it doesn’t actually resample it as well. The quality of version 2 gd functions produce just as good results as Netbmp and IM that i’m aware of.

It would be nice to be able to use droplets you create from photoshop in php :D.

Isolated-Designs http://www.isolated-designs.net/core

#26 2004-06-10 10:04:29

Caged
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Greenrift, just a note. I was unaware that gps was used on g1.19 , in the image_delete() function, you might want to change $id = ps back to the original $id = gps .

Cheers

Edit: You have two minor bugs, you forgot to pass the quality paramater to the imagejpeg functions on both the thumbnail and original. Lines 405, and 403.

Last edited by Caged (2004-06-10 10:29:58)

Isolated-Designs http://www.isolated-designs.net/core

#27 2004-06-10 18:50:46

greenrift
Archived Plugin Author
Website

automatic thumbnails v0.3

Added ImageMagick support, now you don’t have to put up with ugly thumbnail’s! Also some of the fixes Caged pointed out (thank you).

#28 2004-06-11 18:23:44

trailgirl
Website

Does anyone know how i can install this on a Mac? I copied and pasted the text and got a blank page when I select “image” in textpattern. I selected the text and decoded the tabs and now I get a page that starts with:

<code>?php /* This is Textpattern Copyright 2004 by Dean Allen www.textpattern.com All rights reserved Use of this software indicates acceptance of the Textpattern license agreement */ check_privs(1,2,3,4,6); $extensions = array(0,’.gif’,’.jpg’,’.jpeg’,’.png’,’.swf’); if(!$step or !function_exists($step)){ image_list(); } else $step(); // ——————————————————————————————- function image_list($message=’‘) { global $txpcfg,$extensions,$path_from_root,$img_dir; $pfr = $path_from_root; extract($txpcfg); </code> rather than the image uploading page.

I think the problem has something to do with copying from Safari.

I also tried converting to Unix line endings and tried Windows-toMac Encoding.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

#29 2004-06-12 00:27:38

nimnix
Archived Plugin Author
Website

aaaaah…
The server is upgraded, and the image quality is now amazing :)

Thank you for making this.

textpattern.org :: find and share Textpattern resources
textpattern.net :: TextBook – Textpattern wiki

#30 2004-06-12 02:06:52

greenrift
Archived Plugin Author
Website

> trailgirl wrote:

> Does anyone know how i can install this on a Mac? I copied and pasted the text and got a blank page when I select “image” in textpattern. I selected the text and decoded the tabs and now I get a page that starts with:

> Does anyone have a suggestion?

The file is just a UNIX encoded ANSI text file. There isn’t anything really platform specific, just plain old text. My recommendation woudl be to “Save Link As” and then rename it from there. Although copying and pasting into a text editor then saving as appropriately should work as well.

#31 2004-06-12 12:26:35

trailgirl
Website

I tried a “Save As” in Safari, but it seems to be an html file. I’ll try to edit out all the html codes and see if I can get it to work.

#32 2004-06-12 13:26:26

elmar
Website

This does not work on a mac. I tried Safari, firefox and explorer and it simply does not work. Because it is saves as html, it breaks something. Can you please post it as text?

I copied it to bbedit in all of the above browsers. I even tried textedit (as plaintext)…

The first version(v0.1) worked great.

#33 2004-06-15 19:28:44

igner
Plugin Author

trailgirl and elmar – It works just fine on a Mac. Just follow the link and copy and paste the text, rather than downloading the file. That’ll avoid the html cruft.

Greenrift – The .phps file extension is telling PHP to process the file for source code display; specifically adding in the syntax coloring.
Normally that’s a pretty cool feature of php, but it creates problems with downloads. The problem affects Windows browsers as well. It’s easy enough to fix. Just change the file extension to .txt and the PHP engine won’t throw in all the color formatting.

And then my dog ate my badger, and the love was lost.

#34 2004-06-15 19:49:14

greenrift
Archived Plugin Author
Website

> igner wrote:

> trailgirl and elmar – It works just fine on a Mac. Just follow the link and copy and paste the text, rather than downloading the file. That’ll avoid the html cruft.

Greenrift – The .phps file extension is telling PHP to process the file for source code display; specifically adding in the syntax coloring.
Normally that’s a pretty cool feature of php, but it creates problems with downloads. The problem affects Windows browsers as well. It’s easy enough to fix. Just change the file extension to .txt and the PHP engine won’t throw in all the color formatting.

Cool feature, pain in the butt when you save it. THanks for the head’s up, somehow I thought in my head that Firefox was doing this to be cool.

#35 2004-06-16 19:16:23

igner
Plugin Author

Nope, it’s not Firefox doing it.

Glad to help, and appreciate the hack.

And then my dog ate my badger, and the love was lost.

#36 2004-06-25 22:46:07

jonhicks
Website

Quick question about this plug-in. Does it automagically provide thumbnails for every image? Do you/ can you choose which images are affected? Any special tag to use? I want to use this in a gallery section, but want to keep my custom thumbnails for the portfolio section…

Cheers,
Jon VC#9

Board footer