Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#169 2007-09-01 10:37:25

Anton
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Thinking about building an e-commerce plugin...

hey, Magento seems very unrelated to this particular forum.. just another e-commerce solution sees the daylight. are you affiliated or something?

#170 2007-09-01 11:12:39

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

Anton wrote:

hey, Magento seems very unrelated to this particular forum.. just another e-commerce solution sees the daylight. are you affiliated or something?

i wish. i was looking forward to the original team textpattern e-commerce solution and/or textcommerce. but both seem rather dead in the water. and just to raise any interest, has anyone thought of developing joe_gcart any further? seemed like a wonderful start but for some reason never got picked up. hmm.

Last edited by iblastoff (2007-09-01 11:17:20)

#171 2007-09-13 19:28:35

jameslomax
Website

Hmm, interesting….

This thread has been running for a long time, and the project seems to have overtaken another thread focussing on something Rob Sable was developing, and I’ve only just noticed textcommerce.

Looks good. In fact it looks a major development.

Last edited by jameslomax (2007-09-13 19:30:32)

#172 2007-09-14 12:40:15

gerhard
Plugin Author
Website

Don’t know how related this is, but one of the things that TXP lacks for e-commerce website is fields for price, quantity, size etc. I have been helping the guys behind TextCommerce for a while, but realized that what TXP needs more is a custom fields plugin, so here it is glz_custom_fields . Its use doesn’t stop with e-commerce…

#173 2007-09-15 12:41:08

ian_ep

On installing TextCommerce Alpha 2, I get this error:

A problem occured while loading the plugin: tc_core_library -> User_Warning: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘on update CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,

`order_status` varchar(80) NO

CREATE TABLE `orders` (

`id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,

`subtotal` double default NULL,

`user_id` int(11) default NULL,

`tax` double default NULL,

`transaction_id` varchar(200) default NULL,

`tracking_number` varchar(200) default NULL,

`last_updated` timestamp NOT NULL default ’0000-00-00 00:00:00’ on update CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,

`order_status` varchar(80) NOT NULL default ‘’,

`ship_date` date NOT NULL default ’0000-00-00’,

`ship_method` varchar(80) NOT NULL default ‘’,

`memo` varchar(250) NOT NULL default ‘’,

`note` text NOT NULL,

`shipping_handling` double NOT NULL default ‘0’,

`discount` double NOT NULL default ‘0’,

`total` double NOT NULL default ‘0’,

`date_created` datetime NOT NULL default ’0000-00-00 00:00:00’,

PR on line 84

#174 2007-09-15 12:55:30

jstubbs
Website

There is a new Alpha release of Textcommerce

Last edited by jstubbs (2007-09-15 12:55:52)

#175 2007-09-15 15:20:31

mrdale
Website

Yep, with a noticable lack of fanfare… quite anti-climactic, but…

This is great! It looks really robust… like they thought of everything. Excellent work. I have a couple of small concerns.

1. The Store tab does not show for me. I can get to the store through the drop down menu, though. Now admittedly, I am running a hacked facelift v2(to include jquery), so I have no one else to blame but myself. But I’d be nice to figure out how to get it to work.
  2. I still think that being able to use txp images for products is a must. perhaps a text field alongside for an image number?
  3. How about a “state” select? Much more standard for the customer. You could include other, and popup a text field for those living outside the US. Or, even better, you could have it draw it’s items from a user editable form. awesome.
  4. I assume you’ll be able to control the new customer notification message, which now reads “You have been registered as a contributor to the site xxx”
  5. Selecting edit categories takes me to the standard category page. Are there special product categories, if so I don’t see ‘em.

Anyway, just thinkin’… but overall Kudos to the textcommerce crew and all who helped, this really is shaping up nicely.

#176 2007-09-16 08:39:44

NeilA
Website

So good to see something coming of this finally. ;-)

I assume we report issues here (acknowledging that this is an alpha release)?

1. Choosing ‘metric’ on the settings tab still produces imperial settings under the ‘shipping’ setup.
  2. Using metric settings, none of the size settings allow for fractions. So .5Kg doesn’t display anything. 1.25Kg produces ‘1Kg’
  3. Is adding a customer supposed to add a site user visible on the Admin > users tab? Is there a plan to put customers in a separate table in the db? I’m trying to think how the admin page will look with a few hundred customers registered!

Otherwise, so far, so good!

Many thanks to Levi and the team…

Last edited by NeilA (2007-09-16 22:45:02)

Neil – Blue Mountains, Australia

http://westserve.org
http://ministrygrounds.net.au

#177 2007-09-16 09:25:27

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

damn i hadnt noticed it was released. gonna try it out now!

#178 2007-09-16 10:03:07

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

firstly i would suggest leaving a copy of your posts on their comment page since it says “Please post bugs in the comments or email them to levi (at) culturezoo (dot) com.”

looking fantastic. installed fine (though had an issue at first that i describe later in this post) on txp 4.0.5

• has anyone been able to add a product? every time i do so, i just end up with a blank white page when i click save? this is after i’ve already entered all my settings in the settings tab. i assume i’m supposed to make a new section first? (edit: i added a ‘store’ section as indicated in the posts prior, though im not sure if it still applies to this new version of textcommerce. nevertheless adding the ‘store’ section didn’t help. i still get a blank white page when trying to add a product)
  • speaking of the settings tab, when one enters in all the info and clicks update, the info doesn’t actually update until you refresh that page (even though it states “updated” in the top left corner). don’t know if this affects anyone else.
  • also, are we supposed to enter the tax rate as a whole number or decimal? for example if i want to enter 14% as the tax rate, do i use “0.14” or “14”? im asking because when i use 0.14, it just reverts to using “0”. but “14” is saved correctly.
  • and MrDale, I first had an issue with the ‘store’ tab not showing up either. i ended up uninstalling the plugin, deleting the mysql tables added and reinstalling the plugin. the stores tab showed up this time. the only difference i could remember doing was that i activated the ‘tc_core_library” plugin first before installing the rest of the set. (i installed it first the first time too but didn’t activate it immediately). i dont know if that will help you though (im also using a different admin theme)

Last edited by iblastoff (2007-09-16 10:40:06)

#179 2007-09-16 22:53:12

NeilA
Website

iblastoff wrote:

firstly i would suggest leaving a copy of your posts on their comment page since it says “Please post bugs in the comments or email them to levi (at) culturezoo (dot) com.”

Thanks iblastoff – done.

has anyone been able to add a product? every time i do so, i just end up with a blank white page when i click save? this is after i’ve already entered all my settings in the settings tab. i assume i’m supposed to make a new section first? (edit: i added a ‘store’ section as indicated in the posts prior, though im not sure if it still applies to this new version of textcommerce. nevertheless adding the ‘store’ section didn’t help. i still get a blank white page when trying to add a product)

Yep. Create a ‘store’ section. I can add products OK, and they show under the ‘Products’ tab. These products then display under the ‘store’ section.

speaking of the settings tab, when one enters in all the info and clicks update, the info doesn’t actually update until you refresh that page (even though it states “updated” in the top left corner). don’t know if this affects anyone else.

Same here.

also, are we supposed to enter the tax rate as a whole number or decimal? for example if i want to enter 14% as the tax rate, do i use “0.14” or “14”? im asking because when i use 0.14, it just reverts to using “0”. but “14” is saved correctly.

This sounds like the same underlying problem I’m having with product weights – whole numbers only being accepted.

and MrDale, I first had an issue with the ‘store’ tab not showing up either. i ended up uninstalling the plugin, deleting the mysql tables added and reinstalling the plugin. the stores tab showed up this time. the only difference i could remember doing was that i activated the ‘tc_core_library” plugin first before installing the rest of the set. (i installed it first the first time too but didn’t activate it immediately). i dont know if that will help you though (im also using a different admin theme)

Using a bog standard install of 4.0.5, I also found I had to install and activate the core_library plugin first. Otherwise, none of the other plugins had any effect.

Cheers

Neil – Blue Mountains, Australia

http://westserve.org
http://ministrygrounds.net.au

#180 2007-09-17 00:52:09

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

thanks NeilA. i tried reinstalling textcommerce on a fresh local version of textpattern 4.0.5 and the product adding now works (although when clicking on save, there doesnt seem to be any indication that the product is added unless you check the ‘products’ tab. would appreciate if there was a default event message like “Product Added” or whatever akin to any other textpattern save/publish action)

im gonna try and go over my live TXP 4.0.5 installation (with several other plugins installed) with a fine tooth comb to see whats causing it to not add products over there.

Board footer