Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#625 2008-08-21 00:01:59

graeme
Plugin Author
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] zem_event [flexible integrated event management]

maniqui wrote:

Yesterday, I’ve reported a little issue between MLP and zem_event.
Then, Graeme (a great developer involved in some great plugins as MLP and permlinks) posted on the thread telling he have fixed it.

Maniqui, but I need to correct myself. I fixed several problems with zem-event and MLP but not the missing category text. Shall look at getting the missing category text fixed soon.

The stuff I’ve done is located here (compiled) – labelled as a beta – I’ve not had any trouble with it, but if you do please email me as I don’t have time to check this thread very often.

#626 2008-08-21 00:12:01

graeme
Plugin Author
Website

I’ve just had a quick play around… This version seems to fix the missing category text – a bit hacky though. Certainly needs some more testing.

#627 2008-08-21 12:09:37

TomBus

Hi pepebe,
‘Databae management program?’
The articles and event are better to creat and duplicated in Access. Is there a tool to upload them?
Or is it better to duplicate them in phpmyadmin.
TomBus

#628 2008-08-21 20:51:51

typeshige
Website

Am I missing something or is there not an easy way to get an article list of all Events? I often don’t use event categories and I want to find a way to admin my events without a lot of searching.

Thanks,
Shige

#629 2008-09-01 20:59:20

pepebe

Sorry folks for my absence in the last week. I was buried in work and on top of that I got struck again with a severe case of backache. At the moment sitting at my desk is very uncomfortable and so I don’t have the nerve to do some extra work.

The good new is, that it is very likely that I will publish a site dedicate to zem_even_reborn by next week. It will contain all my changes to the core of zem_event as well as some nifty things that I haven’t announced until now.

Spoiler: Among them the option to postpone or cancell individual reccuring events as well as adding descriptive text to each single event.

@ graeme

Thanks for your support multilingual capabilities are a killer feature for any kind of application. I really appreciate your affords. I will restructe zem_event according you specification to guarantee full integration.

@ Tombus

I wouldn’t touch access as long as there is a single spark of life fizzling in my decaying body. It might be true that access has improved a lot in recent years, but for several reasons it was a real pain in the ass a couple of years ago and I don’t want to risk wasting time into hat program anymore. Sorry, but no help for this task from my side. On top of that I would’nt force other users to acquire a copy of ms-office just to adminstrate zem_event. It just don’t feel right from my point of few.

If you miss something about zem_event, give us a clear description of the features you are missing and we will find a solution to improve the event backend.

@typeshige

A quick an dirty solution to your problem would be to add a few lines to txp_list.php. Of course this is some hacking into the core, so I would recomment to wait until I come up with a less intrusive approach.

That’s it fro tonight,

pepebe

Last edited by pepebe (2008-09-01 21:05:01)

#630 2008-09-01 21:05:44

FireFusion

pepebe, you’ve just made my day.

Thank you so much.

#631 2008-09-01 22:17:58

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Way cool pepebe. Looking forward to what you’ve done with this beast.

I wouldn’t touch access as long as there is a single spark of life fizzling in my decaying body.

[OT] lol, fabulous. I concur and would say the same about its bigger brother, M$ SQL Server, which does a great job masquerading as a serious database. Spent a year as a DBA monkey on that platform and all I got was less hair and an uncontrollable urge to swear at the screen. Still awaiting a response from Redmond after demanding my life back.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#632 2008-09-01 22:39:12

damienbuckley
Website

Great to see there’s some life back in this plugin – I’ve used it in numerous projects and was saddened to see the support for it pretty much disappear. Looking forward to the ‘reborn’ plugin, great work.

#633 2008-09-02 20:54:34

typeshige
Website

Thanks. I look forward to your solution. Until then, I made an extremely basic admin plugin that one can access from the content tag that just lists all the events in reverse chronological order and has a link to edit the article/event.

How does one delete an event? If you erase all the event information does the zem_event plugin remove the database entry for the event?

@typeshige

A quick an dirty solution to your problem would be to add a few lines to txp_list.php. Of course this is some hacking into the core, so I would recomment to wait until I come up with a less intrusive approach.

#634 2008-09-03 13:16:25

FireFusion

I just looked at my database and saw that the ZEM event table are in Latin1 while all my other tables are UTF8. Is this normal?

#635 2008-09-03 13:38:09

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

FireFusion

not sure if it’s standard but you might be able to convert it with Ruud’s rvm_latin1_to_utf8 plugin.

Steve

#636 2008-09-03 22:38:48

typeshige
Website

Is there an efficient way to detect that an article is an event? And once detected, show event info.

I was thinking of using chh_if_data, but I was wondering if this is in efficient and/or if there is a built-in way to deal with this?

Thanks,
Shige

Board footer