Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#241 2007-03-19 03:50:09

rsilletti

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] zem_event [flexible integrated event management]

Thank you :) I’ll see what I can do with it.

#242 2007-03-19 18:11:53

decoderltd
Website

Should we post any future problems to the Issue Tracker?

I’m having a lot of trouble adding events in that they are not appearing in the calendar. It seems that they show-up if entries are simple, but as soon as more fields are populated and articles categories are added, the event vanishes. I need to do some more work on narrowing it down, but are there problem or conflicts between article info/catergories and those of zem_event? I’ve proposed the system for a pro bono site I’m working on and am just about to enter a years worth of events!

Following-on from the various threads discussing the unusual nature of this plug-in’s development (and speaking as a non-coder), I agree that there is a problem in implementing a plug-in for any sort of commercial/client site while support is so shaky and currently my installed plug-in is becoming like a patchwork quilt as various pieces of corrective code are pasted in. Of course this creates a vicious circle in that without commercial applications it’s difficult to contribute any funding.

It’s a fantastic plug-in and the help offered by Matthew, Patrick and Rick is really appreciated, but without a solid and transparent development cycle it’s just too unreliable to offer as part of a commercial project.

Last edited by decoderltd (2007-03-19 18:13:02)

#243 2007-03-19 18:23:43

hakjoon
Website

decorderltd,

I think right now I’d like to keep the issue tracker for confirmed bugs since there is some confusion on usage etc. So feel free to post the issues you are experiencing here. Hopefully others can replicate it and we can start working through getting it fixed.

As far as the development goes what I understand is going to happen is this (Matthew correct me if I’m wrong here), The money that has been raised towards bug fixes will be applied towards bug fixes from zem. Since that is what people donated it for I think it would be unfair to suddenly change what it gets used towards. I’d like to have him focus his time on the big bugs and let us squash the smaller ones.

From that point forward this becomes a plugin like any other. My hope is that by opening up the code and putting it in an accessible place we will get many developers who will want to work on it. So hopefully it will be better then a standard plugin because there will be many plugin developers attached to it.

And for all the non-coders. This is a complicated plugin. I honestly don’t even fully get it, so if anyone wants to share their setups, help with docs. Ask Matthew to become a project member and we can start populating the wiki with documentation. Or we can continue over on Textbook (just ask me for a password if you don’t have one yet)

The goal is to have this plugin belong to us all.

Shoving is the answer – pusher robot

#244 2007-03-19 19:00:59

squaredeye
Website

amen.

#245 2007-03-21 11:23:37

Niconemo

This plugin made my day ! Thank you devs and contributors !

Edit : I have a little problem but finally, I’m not sure at all it is due to the plugin… so I leave only my compliment for the moment :-)
Edit 2 : problem solved, plugin not involved ;-)

Last edited by Niconemo (2007-03-21 15:47:14)

Nico

#246 2007-03-21 21:36:13

slim

Any news on a Wiki? I have a few questions but with 25 pages on this thread, I don’t have the time to find what I need. If I can be of any help with the Wiki, who would be my point of contact?

#247 2007-03-21 22:05:30

rsilletti

There is a start on Textbook here Tags and some links to tutorials at the start of the thread. (also a link to the google code setup). hakjoon could set you up on Textbook or Google code.

#248 2007-03-21 22:52:42

Anton
Plugin Author
Website

Has anyone got location="[city]" to work on zem_event_calendar? I can just get categories to work, but then I might be too tired to see clearly right now.. :/

After looking a bit closer it seems like zem_event_list doesn’t take the location attribute only if it’s passed via the querystring (e.g. http://txp.squaredeye.com/zem_event_list/?location=span), is that correct? Could it be added as a txp tag attribute as well? TIA.

Last edited by Anton (2007-03-22 07:07:06)

#249 2007-03-22 21:22:27

two7s_clash

‘ello-

Anyone figured out a way to have the mini-cal display a month different than the current? I’m trying to display a row of mini-calendars for every month in which an event from now till the end of the year. Sort of like what jmk was trying to do in post #193, but not in a list format. So far all I’ve been able to do is get X calendars to show up for each month with X events.

Thanks till it hurts.

Existing is plagiarism.

#250 2007-03-22 21:36:26

eoin

Hi,

Just installed the plugin. Got the following error messages when I clicked on the content tab:

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

A problem occured while loading the plugin: zem_event -> User_Warning: Duplicate column name ‘finish_time’
alter table zem_event_calendar add finish_time time default null on line 84

A problem occured while loading the plugin: zem_event -> User_Warning: Duplicate column name ‘location_url’
alter table zem_event_calendar add location_url varchar(255) on line 84

A problem occured while loading the plugin: zem_event -> User_Warning: Duplicate column name ‘description’
alter table zem_event_calendar add description text on line 84

A problem occured while loading the plugin: zem_event -> User_Warning: Duplicate column name ‘repeat_n’
alter table zem_event_calendar add repeat_n int on line 84

A problem occured while loading the plugin: zem_event -> User_Warning: Duplicate column name ‘repeat_to’
alter table zem_event_calendar add repeat_to date default null on line 84

A problem occured while loading the plugin: zem_event -> User_Warning: Table ‘zem_event_date’ already exists
create table zem_event_date ( event_id bigint not null, event_date date not null, event_time time default null, finish_date date default null, finish_time time default null,

PRIMARY KEY (event_id, event_date) ) on line 84

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Clicking on the content tab for a 2nd time – the error messages go away.
Will keep you posted on how it’s going

#251 2007-03-23 01:01:00

squaredeye
Website

two7’s,
Decent request… a month attribute for the calendar navigation. So that one can show a month in advance for instance. Do I have you right there?

eoin,
Good to note, let us know if you have further errors.

Matthew

#252 2007-03-23 03:20:34

hakjoon
Website

eoin,

I got that error too the first time after I installed the plugin. It went away and I haven’t ahd any problems after that. I have seen that with other plugins (including my own) and I’m not 100% sure why they show up since there are specific checks to ensure that duplicate tables and columns aren’t created (and they aren’t but the errors show up anyway which is weird).

Shoving is the answer – pusher robot

Board footer