Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#229 2007-03-18 16:06:44

hakjoon
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] zem_event [flexible integrated event management]

This is fixed is fixed in svn. It would be great if someone could verify that it is indeed fixed.

I put up a wiki page explaining how to use the uncompiled versions. Please let me know if anyone needs any help getting that setup.

Shoving is the answer – pusher robot

#230 2007-03-18 17:08:41

rsilletti

I’ve noticed while researching this delete patch that events and associated entries in the date list table are remaining after the articles they are tied to are deleted. Is this “as intended” behaviour? It could be that I am throwing things off in the tables by making changes manually, but if I’m not, these could accumulate over time and usage.

#231 2007-03-18 18:16:06

rsilletti

The svn commit for navigation, Ver 9 is what I tested with, tests well and works as advertised. I’m not entirely clear on the layout issue, but I have kicked it as hard as I can and nothing breaks.

#232 2007-03-18 19:31:15

Anton
Plugin Author
Website

theLostShirt wrote:

Can I change it so that Monday is the first day of the week?

I haven’t looked into this fully yet, but you could add ....datePicker({firstDayOfWeek:1}); at line 1080 and 1709 to get a Mon-Sun calendar in the Datepicker.

Then, at line 791 and 945 you could probably edit the last “1” to a “0”, although I haven’t verified that (might affect the table caption etc). I’d love to have this working too, so a more general setting for it would be ideal.

#233 2007-03-18 19:37:02

Anton
Plugin Author
Website

Just a general question: Why would we want to have auto-delete ability of events? Aren’t broken URL’s generally considered a bad thing? I mean, an auto-archival function would be som much better, with features like auto-change of its section/category/form to something other (e.g. presenting an error-like message).

Maybe just my personal opinion, but I had to say it.. dislike features for features sake.

#234 2007-03-18 22:20:49

nardo

jus bumping the feature request for attribute ‘section’ to be added to zem_event_list to allow filtering of events by their section; e.g. section="theatre" or section="jazz,blues" or section=1 (current section)

no idea whether this is a trivial addition or not; for the consideration of coders

#235 2007-03-18 22:25:59

hakjoon
Website

Just so every one knows I’m trying to move issues into the Issue Tracker so they can be tracked.

#236 2007-03-18 22:44:09

rsilletti

Anton – The auto_delete mod has been a tentative idea from the beginning, it has just the drawbacks you describe. My reason for putting the idea out there with this is that I have been approached to provide a plugin to auto_delete articles by expiration date in another context, and have ceased pursuing it there because of those drawbacks.
There is a fringe demand for, what I think, are fire and forget websites that require less or no maintainance. By inherent design characteristic, this approach will always leave a trail of litter.

The more I look at it, the more I think it just has too many problems.

#237 2007-03-18 23:15:41

rsilletti

Patrick – How difficult would a seperate branch for an auto_delete mod be. My plan at present is to patch in what code is required to interface for a plugin, transparently, and move adding the controls and functionality into a plugin. It would keep it out of the way of those who have no interest. The patch as it stands doesn’t strike me as a good general purpose offering, so perhaps a special purpose variation.

#238 2007-03-19 00:51:32

squaredeye
Website

Patrick,
Shall I tally up the bugs I’ve picked up here in this thread and add them to the “issues” area? Would that be an appropriate use for that section?

#239 2007-03-19 01:24:33

hakjoon
Website

@Matthew,
I think it makes it easier then having stuff scattered through the forum. It creates one place to check for stuff.

@Rick,
I created an auto_delete branch under branches for you to use. I also added you as a project member so you should be able to write to the repository if you want to give that a try. If you just work on the branch you won’t accidentally interfere with anything else.

#240 2007-03-19 01:54:02

squaredeye
Website

Yep. I agree. I’ll start adding stuff. There.

Board footer