You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

1. Index
  2. » Plugin support
  3. » smd_slimbox

#601 2009-03-30 08:08:58

kees-b
Website

Re: smd_slimbox

You maybe forgot to add the rpc folder when updating textpattern?

kees

#602 2009-03-30 08:12:23

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

RedFox wrote:

Missing files!

kees-b is right. I very much doubt it has anything to do with smd_lib not being able to handle the regexes. It’s very odd and I’m stumped right now, sorry. If I think of anything I’ll shout.

Last edited by Bloke (2009-03-30 08:12:49)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#603 2009-03-30 12:31:44

RedFox
Website

Verrrrry strange! It’s Textpattern 4.0.7 … and there has to be an rpc folder (whatever that is!) indeed … but it isn’t on the old server … !? … so it isn’t either at the new one (just copy and paste!). On the old server it didn’t cause any problem nor gave it errors. On the new server there are no problems (everything is working ok!) but it does give errors in test mode … !?

Putting the rpc folder on the new server doesn’t help a bit … !? … eh, well, the diagnostics are ok now >

But the error message stays >

Last edited by RedFox (2009-03-30 12:39:21)

#604 2009-03-30 12:43:56

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

RedFox wrote:

Putting the rpc folder on the new server doesn’t help a bit … !?

Hehe, it won’t because you’re not using RPC — and nor am I. It was added in 4.0.7 and became part of the default TXP download. Just make sure it’s there and the diagnostics will stop complaining (as you found out!)

Maybe someone else has some idea why you are getting the PCRE error. I would guess it’s not compiled into your version of PHP for some reason. Can you temporarily put this either in your default form, or in a new article (with Leave text untouched set):

<txp:php>
phpinfo();
</txp:php>

Then view the article and look for the section in that output that starts pcre. Check it’s enabled and let me know the library version if so.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#605 2009-03-30 12:54:28

RedFox
Website

#606 2009-03-30 13:10:49

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

RedFox

Thanks. I think the answer is fairly simple. Version 4.5 is hellishly old (December 2003!)

Unicode was only added to PCRE from v5.0 onwards, so it’s down to your host not supporting it. You could try asking them to upgrade the PCRE version they have on their server in the /usr directory (it looks like they’ve compiled PHP using with-pcre-regex=/usr). Failing that, change smd_lib. Find line 63 that reads:

$modRE = ($lax) ? '/(\?|\!)([\p{L}\p{N}\p{Pc}\p{Pd}\p{Zs}]+)/' : '/(\?|\!)([\p{L}\p{N}\p{Pc}\p{Pd}]+)/' ;

and change it to:

$modRE = ($lax) ? '/(\?|\!)([A-Za-z0-9_\- ]+)/' : '/(\?|\!)([A-Za-z0-9_\-]+)/' ;

And just avoid non-ascii characters in your categories/custom fields.

#607 2009-03-30 13:51:49

RedFox
Website

Bloke

Thanks. I’ve asked the ISP. We’ll see!

[edit]
Reply of the ISP … something like (translated!):

“Sorry, but we won’t, because such a process (compiling!) influences the whole server infrastructure.”

I’m a small(!) client … a sign to move on I think!

Last edited by RedFox (2009-03-31 13:12:09)

#608 2009-04-02 15:41:31

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

RedFox wrote:

Reply of the ISP … “Sorry, but we won’t, because such a process (compiling!) influences the whole server infrastructure.”

Fair enough; it seems you’re not alone. Perhaps sticking with such an old version of PCRE is standard practice? Maybe I’m just one of the lucky few hosts that has a more up-to-date PCRE.

Regardless, now I know this is a potential problem and is more widespread than I thought, I’ll see if I can find out how to get round it. Perhaps I can test PCRE support somehow and fall back on the ‘old’ ASCII version if Unicode is not compiled in. I’ll see what I can do, thanks for the report.

EDIT: done in smd_lib v0.36 | compressed. Anyone using v0.35, please upgrade.

Last edited by Bloke (2009-04-02 16:09:45)

#609 2009-04-08 21:58:35

_n

ok this thread is huge and while interesting to look over, hard to extrapolate some info I’m looking for. Basically I am wondering if I can use this plug in with JQuery library rather than mootools?

Sorry i know this is probably a total newb question, i’m just getting lost in this thread.

Thanks!

_n

#610 2009-04-08 22:21:39

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

_n wrote:

ok this thread is huge and while interesting to look over, hard to extrapolate some info I’m looking for. Basically I am wondering if I can use this plug in with JQuery library rather than mootools?

Yes you can :-)

There are a few specific instances of jquery-based lightboxy things that you can have a look at. With this plugin you apply the usual 3-step approach to get it all working:

1. include jquery on your page
  2. include the lightbox-specific js library/css file(s) on your page
  3. call smd_slimbox with the desired attributes as given in the docs of your chosen lightbox implementation

Last edited by Bloke (2009-04-08 22:21:50)

#611 2009-04-09 22:09:18

_n

Herrrmm. ok…Well I have this in my head part of my page:

<script type=“text/javascript” src=“js/jquery-latest.js”></script>
<script type=“text/javascript” src=“js/slimbox.js”></script>
<link rel=“stylesheet” type=“text/css” href=“css/slimbox.css” />

and this in a form called gallery:

<a rel=“slimbox-{category}” href=”{url}” title=“A picture of {caption}”> <txp:thumbnail id=”{id}” />
</a>

….it displays the thumbs fine, but the slimbox doesn’t fire. Am I doing something wrong? You can have a look here: http://work.nadinelessio.com/eric2k9/build/illustration (ignore the bad display i haven’t styled the thumbs yet…:) )

sorry for the questions. I’m just sifting a lot but nothing is getting trapped in the sifter, y’know? Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

#612 2009-04-09 22:14:25

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

_n wrote:

<a rel="slimbox-{category}" href="{url}"… <snip>

Ummm, that’s smd_gallery syntax. The replacement variables don’t work in smd_slimbox, as it’s a much simpler plugin with limited output scope :-)

Last edited by Bloke (2009-04-09 22:15:27)

1. Index
  2. » Plugin support
  3. » smd_slimbox

Board footer