Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

1. Index
  2. » Plugin support
  3. » smd_slimbox

#157 2007-06-26 19:01:56

Qwest

Re: smd_slimbox

Bloke! Your the man who knows everything about Slimbox lol!

Is there a tag or attribute for Slimbox to show the latest images uploaded to txp? I want to show the latest 4 images uploaded on the front page of the site im working on at the moment.

Please tell me theres an attribute to do that!

Thanks buddy :)

#158 2007-06-26 19:10:09

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Qwest wrote:

I want to show the latest 4 images uploaded on the front page of the site im working on at the moment.

How about <txp:smd_slimbox limit="4" orderby="id:desc" /> ?

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#159 2007-06-30 10:36:18

Qwest

Bloke wrote:

How about <txp:smd_slimbox limit="4" orderby="id:desc" /> ?

Bloke, thanks for that! It works lovely! Is there anyway i can remove the ‘next’ link which appears below the images though? For some reason, the URL doesn’t go where it’s supposed to.

You see, i’m running 4 or 5 different txp installations on one server. 1 is in the root, and the rest are in sub-directorys. The site im developing at the moment is in a sub-dir. When i click next, it takes me back to the root installation, which is a different website.

Any help? Cheers fella!

Last edited by Qwest (2007-06-30 10:37:01)

#160 2007-06-30 10:51:25

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Qwest wrote:

Is there anyway i can remove the ‘next’ link which appears below the images though?

Try adding the attribute showpagelinks="0"

You see, i’m running 4 or 5 different txp installations on one server. 1 is in the root, and the rest are in sub-directorys.

Hmm, I think this has been mentioned before. I really should make a proper ToDo list up one day. Offhand I can’t see why subdir installations might suffer in the next/prev links but I still haven’t tested it in a subdir yet: what a slacker! There’s every likelihood it might fall over. I’ll set up a test site and see what I can find.

BTW, are you running MLP? That has a known subdir issue which I’ve kludged my way around in an (unreleased) alpha release of slimbox.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#161 2007-06-30 11:00:49

Qwest

Again Bloke, you’ve helped me right out and got me outta the schtook!

It works perfectly!

Right, what’s MLP?

#162 2007-06-30 11:11:21

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Qwest wrote:

Right, what’s MLP?

The awesome Multi-Lingual Publishing pack. If you’ve not heard of it, you’re not running it!

Anyway, I just tested it on a subdir install and you’re right the paging is mashed (ultramega mentioned it before too and I forgot to fix it, oops). My unreleased alpha version works fine but that uses a new MLP function I wrote so I’ll have to find another way round it for now until that code becomes integrated into MLP itself.

Sorry it’s broken. Watch this space for the bug fix version.

#163 2007-06-30 11:18:07

Qwest

Hey, it’s no problem for me, i wasn’t interested in using the next / prev links anyway. If users want to see more pictures, they can go to the gallery! This is just for a box on the front page that’ll show the most recent pictures.

But no, im not running MLP! lol

#164 2007-06-30 11:39:15

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

D’oh! I was using the wrong variable. That’ll teach me.

Anyone who needs the plugin to work with paging in sub-directories should grab the fixed v0.24b. Apologies for not fixing it sooner.

#165 2007-07-02 08:50:29

mlarino

Hi
I am new to textpattern, and I am designing my portfolio site with it, and would love to use this plugin but I have some problems.

I have installed the 2 plugins that come with it, and uploaded the 2 folders inside the /textpattern folder in my server. Inside the default page I placed the

<txp:smd_slimbox_inc jsdir=”/js” cssdir=”/css” />
<txp:smd_slimbox />

The thumbnails load perfect, but the slimbox script doesnt work, I get the full image loaded instead of the overlay effect.
I am not sure if I would have to do anything else to make this work.
Can someone help?
www.mlarino.com/web2

Thanks

#166 2007-07-02 09:34:45

ragger
Website

mlarino wrote:

The thumbnails load perfect, but the slimbox script doesnt work, I get the full image loaded instead of the overlay effect.
I am not sure if I would have to do anything else to make this work.
Can someone help?

I had to include complete path to js and css in order to make it work. Maybe you should give that a try?

#167 2007-07-02 09:37:18

mlarino

Thanks!!!
Couldnt figure it out! Complete path fixed it!

#168 2007-07-02 11:54:38

Joey

Thanks for this plugin! I’ve a question. Say I have a image category with 100 images. I would like to let visitors access a slimbox slideshow of that 100 images from the homepage, but – of course – I don’t want 100 thumbs on my homepage. I neither want to create “pages” of thumbs. I just want to do: one thumb and some text like “click here for the slideshow” and then slimbox should show the whole slideshow. Is that possible?

Regards,

Joey

1. Index
  2. » Plugin support
  3. » smd_slimbox

Board footer