Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#937 2008-09-25 15:10:41

maniqui
Website

Re: MLP - The Multi-Lingual Publishing Pack

Hi patchwork,

have you tried using it as a container tag?
<txp:l10n_permlink articleid="2" title="1" active_class="active">##terms_and_conditions##</txp:l10n_permlink>

Last edited by maniqui (2008-09-25 16:21:11)

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#938 2008-09-25 16:00:51

goncalo.dumas
Website

maniqui wrote:

have you tried using it as a container tag?
<txp:l10n_permlink articleid="2" title="1" active_class="active">##terms_and_conditions</txp:l10n_permlink>

Hello, no I haven’t tried that as a container tag, but I did now ;-)

There is no “active_class” attribute/behaviour in this tag, yet, so that didn’t work. But it did build an anchor element that included the “Title”, “Class” and “Style” attributes.

The Title attribute didn’t work like in the txp:section tag where it returns the human readable title of the section beeing called, it worked like a anchor attribute.

The non-container method would not need to use a snippet (e.g. ##lorem##) as a title since it would be feched from the title of the rendition belonging to the article ID specified in the “articleid” attribute.

#939 2008-09-25 18:32:01

maniqui
Website

patchwork wrote:

There is no “active_class” attribute/behaviour in this tag, yet, so that didn’t work. But it did build an anchor element that included the “Title”, “Class” and “Style” attributes.

Oh, I just copied from your post. Didn’t know if there was or not an active_class attribute. And no, there is not. And I don’t think there is any reason to have one.

The Title attribute didn’t work like in the txp:section tag where it returns the human readable title of the section beeing called, it worked like a anchor attribute.

Ah, this is where you seem to be confused. This title attribute is related to the title attribute (aka tooltip) for a element, not to any inner given title for the article. In other words, it’s not related to txp:title at all.

The non-container method would not need to use a snippet (e.g. ##lorem##) as a title since it would be feched from the title of the rendition belonging to the article ID specified in the “articleid” attribute.

Although, that could be cool: to be able to use txp article tags inside i10n_permlink, because i10n_permlink knows which article needs to fetch, so it could do some magic query to bring some article fields.
Maybe, it’s already implemented and you could try it and report back to see if it works.
Also, I think txp:permlink tag on future TxP 4.0.7 will have this ability.

#940 2008-09-27 15:41:47

Timid&friendly
Website

Hi finally got the plug-in working.

I was using MAMP to test locally and for some reason it didn’t work, (i didn’t think that classified as a submap, but i guess it did). I just put everything on line and it worked fine out of the box! Clever stuff. THX.

I think, therefore I AM, … … er … I think :-?

#941 2008-09-27 15:44:14

Timid&friendly
Website

Just a quick question, is there a repository of langauge strings for the plug-ins:-
1. |10n [admin]
2. zem_contact_lang-mlp [public]

I looking for the Dutch (NL) strings

#942 2008-09-27 21:54:57

maniqui
Website

@Timid&friendly:

there is this thread: MLP Users’ String Exchange

@netcarver

I’m a little confused about the version of gbp_admin_library shipped with the MLP.
It says it’s version 0.4.1 but I believe that this “0.4.1” version is newer than the 0.4.669 version (latest release by Graeme).

Even, I’ve been looking at old MLP releases, and those releases include versions numbers highter than “0.4.1”. Example: MLP 0.6.602 (a really old one) includes gbp_admin_library 0.4.581.

If my maths aren’t wrong: 0.4.1 < 0.4.581 < 0.4.669.

#943 2008-09-28 06:35:51

Timid&friendly
Website

@maniqui
Cheers! I guess i’ll do the dutch translation then lol. I’m not a native dutchman but know enough, it should be almost perfect Dutch.

#944 2008-09-28 15:37:56

els

David, I am working on the Dutch localization currently. If you’re not in a very big hurry you might want to save yourself the effort ;)

#945 2008-09-28 15:55:19

Timid&friendly
Website

I’m not in a big hurry, and i would very much like to save myself the effort ;-)

… May i be so bold as to ask you to possibly give an indication as to when you think you may have this done :-?

#946 2008-09-28 16:10:25

els

I hope within a week or so. The most time consuming part of it is figuring out where the strings occur. Without knowing that it’s sometimes hard to think of a suitable translation…

Edit: David, maybe you can help me out here?

Last edited by els (2008-09-28 16:42:28)

#947 2008-09-28 17:23:43

Timid&friendly
Website

David gaat zich hier ook mee bemoeien ;-P

Je hoort van me

Edit:- Oops I mean Yes ;-P

Last edited by Timid&friendly (2008-09-28 17:26:06)

#948 2008-09-29 03:26:28

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Si

Can MLP be used with rss_unlimited_categories to support translations of category names? Currently tags like rss_uc_filedunder or rss_uc_list output category names in default language only :(
I realise that there is a different db table for the rss_ plugin, but maybe there is a workaround?

sorry but the MLP Pack doesn’t support localising the fields of arbitrary non-native Txp tables if that’s what you’re referring to. However, I know that at least one person has had some success at using that plugin with the MLP pack.

Els

If you are so inclined, please could you submit your upcoming translations to the String Exchange when ready — thank you!

BTW, there is a little technique you can use to help you track down where the strings are used.

maniqui

Sorry about that — I switched over to a new compiler for the latest builds and it has started its build numbers at 1. I’ll look at bumping things from .4.x -> .5.x to try to avoid this confusion next time around.

Steve

Board footer